VTTW Board Index
May 02, 2024, 05:00:46 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Well, I don't think we can possibly play any worse...  (Read 1308 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: March 17, 2019, 08:45:02 EDT »

...so hopefully, we're getting this out of our system today, before it's a "win or go home" situation. But really, we've NEVER going to win an SECT, are we? Even in the rare instance when it looks favorable, we choke like dogs.

Possible silver lining- Lunardi said earlier that it we win, we're a 1 seed in the West. Lose, and we're a 2 in the South (UVa's region, with the E8 games in Louisville). That...wouldn't be so bad. Mabye even better.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2019, 09:20:20 EDT »

They had us on skates for 75% of the game.  We looked we were surprised they were challenging us after our win yesterday.
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2019, 09:42:37 EDT »

If we make the Elite 8 I won't care much about today's result. If we don't...

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2019, 09:59:38 EDT »

...so hopefully, we're getting this out of our system today, before it's a "win or go home" situation. But really, we've NEVER going to win an SECT, are we? Even in the rare instance when it looks favorable, we choke like dogs.

Possible silver lining- Lunardi said earlier that it we win, we're a 1 seed in the West. Lose, and we're a 2 in the South (UVa's region, with the E8 games in Louisville). That...wouldn't be so bad. Mabye even better.

Damn, I hate to use the word - and y'all will probably shoot me for uttering it - but we are still fizzleing SNAKEBIT as far as I can tell.  fizzle!  just a freakin' golden opportunity to win both titles this year, let alone fizzleing FINALLY winning another SECT - but CRAP - SNAKEBIT! 

Regardless, I am tickled pink with where we are in our men's BB team - Barnes has been an absolute savior.  Maybe he is to blame for these kind of letdowns we have seen, but he is also responsible for some incredible team play we have been blessed with this year.  He can improve on that, even himself being an old dog.  I'll be thrilled if we can make it through this coming weekend, but it won't be easy.  Even the first game could be a tester. 

That being said, who cares if it is a #1 or a #2?  Being in the L'ville bracket would be more important, I think.  So what do y'all say?  What #1 would you prefer to be paired with?  Duke? no  UVa?  yeah  UNC - uh, not really  Gonzaga?  not a possibility IMO.

Evol Knievol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2019, 10:16:56 EDT »

I think the intensity of the game yesterday took the gas out of these guys. They looked drained all day. If the Zags get the 1 seed I want them and then next UVa.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: