VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 10:16:03 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Urban's Gators  (Read 3977 times)
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: July 08, 2013, 04:00:16 EDT »

@FootballTimeMag: In 2008, Urban Meyer's Gators won the NC; 41 players from that team have been arrested at least once.”

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 04:38:37 EDT »

CUM is a slime ball...snake oil salesman. And when the pressure gets to him he gets ill.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 12:07:06 EDT »

And when the pressure gets to him he gets ill.
Apparently, it was only a 48 hour flu ...

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 12:07:35 EDT »

@FootballTimeMag: In 2008, Urban Meyer's Gators won the NC; 41 players from that team have been arrested at least once.”

Apparently, their AD thinks it's ok to rent thugs and criminals to play football (as long as you win NCs ...)

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Creek Walker
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2013, 03:40:48 EDT »

I think it's kinda funny how indignant the Meyers are over all the attention they're getting. When Meyer used Pat Dooley as his little mouthpiece on Saturday he said it is irresponsible for reporters to link Hernandez to him. And his wife tweeted asking why people can't be held accountable for their own actions.

You know what, Urban? You made your bed. Now lie in it. When you engage in pious self-aggrandization by claiming that your program recruits only the best of the best, not to mention calling another program's players a bunch of animals running around in the streets, you're going to get called on it when your hypocrisy shines through. It's also kinda interesting how all our Florida friends are falling over themselves to disown Meyer now. Given what we now know about Hernandez's ability to skate when he got into tight spots with the law in Florida, there's no way that Meyer acted alone. It's just a matter of how far up the athletic dept. chain it went.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2013, 10:09:12 EDT »

Starting to see the real reason Urban "needed a break".  Family time....   
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2013, 10:20:08 EDT »

That is the real question to be answered here. Who was involved in getting this dismissed or covered up? I have no confidence in the ncaa but this is something they have to look at.

I think it's kinda funny how indignant the Meyers are over all the attention they're getting. When Meyer used Pat Dooley as his little mouthpiece on Saturday he said it is irresponsible for reporters to link Hernandez to him. And his wife tweeted asking why people can't be held accountable for their own actions.

You know what, Urban? You made your bed. Now lie in it. When you engage in pious self-aggrandization by claiming that your program recruits only the best of the best, not to mention calling another program's players a bunch of animals running around in the streets, you're going to get called on it when your hypocrisy shines through. It's also kinda interesting how all our Florida friends are falling over themselves to disown Meyer now. Given what we now know about Hernandez's ability to skate when he got into tight spots with the law in Florida, there's no way that Meyer acted alone. It's just a matter of how far up the athletic dept. chain it went.
EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2013, 10:26:16 EDT »

That is the real question to be answered here. Who was involved in getting this dismissed or covered up? I have no confidence in the ncaa but this is something they have to look at.

In the end this is more than an NCAA slap on the wrist Football Recruiting issue.  This is a Law of the Land you could go to Jail and get violated when you drop the soap in the shower issue.  If there was a group of officials at the University engaging in this kind of behavior then the DA should be reviewing this for criminal malfeasence and for conspiracy due to the bribery issues and what were people getting (in effect extorting) to NOT press charges. There were several instances of this that happened with State Troppers in TN where they lost their jobs and have been talk of even prosecutuion for conspiracy and other law problems. 

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2013, 10:45:16 EDT »

Guys, read this.       http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/07/sports/ncaafootball/hernandez-among-many-arrested-at-florida-in-the-meyer-years.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

...Ronnie Wilson, a lineman from Meyer’s initial 2005 recruiting class, punched and spat on a man, then opened his trunk, grabbed an AK-47 and opened fire outside a nightclub in April 2007, a police report charged. He was later arrested on charges of marijuana possession and of battery and assault.

How does something like that stay quiet?   
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2013, 02:37:57 EDT »

If it comes to that, you can be sure that UF will try to pin it all on Urban and/or his assistants, while Foley maintains his plausible deniability.  But using a little common sense: Foley is one of the most intelligent, influential, and well-connected ADs in the country.  Do you REALLY think that something like this could go on under his nose without him knowing?

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2013, 03:36:10 EDT »

Two words....

SHOW CAUSE  

I mean, I know he didn't host a bar-be-que, but there still have to be some standards.  Seems like I heard that somewhere. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: