VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 12:15:00 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So 5 out of 6 Athlon prognosticators  (Read 4658 times)
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« on: July 12, 2013, 06:42:54 EDT »

pick Vandy to beat UT in Neyland this Fall. Am I the only one that thinks this is fizzleing crazy? I think that game is a coin toss at worst.

The other picks are reasonable and my pick is some mishmash of them (beating either Mizzou or Auburn but probably not both), with a 6-6 record.

http://athlonsports.com/college-football/tennessee-football-game-game-predictions-2013

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 08:03:32 EDT »

The Dooley era didn't help with our national perception. Butch will need to change that, and he can do it quickly

Memphisvolunteer
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 09:14:16 EDT »

With Vandy breaking in a new QB and a new RB, I think this year could be interesting for Vandy.  I just don't see them coming into Neyland and winning, but that's my opinion.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 09:23:28 EDT »

I'm sure they just looked at last year's score and figured that we can't make up that much ground in one season.  But as we all know, the Vandy game is completely dependent on our team's state of mind.  Even when they're down, Vandy is going to come into that game sky high.  We're their super bowl, and our team has to match their intensity.  Last year, our guys had long since mailed it in by November.  Hell, half of them were probably trying to get Dooley fired.  The result was predictable.  If our team had something, anything to play for, the result would have been very different. 

And that will Butch's charge this year- make sure his guys' heads and hearts are still in it come November.  We're going to go through some hard times before then, but that's the month we can become bowl-eligible as long as our guys don't give up before then.

Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 09:56:27 EDT »

This! If Butch can get them not to quit, as they are used to doing, then he will have won a great victory.

I'm sure they just looked at last year's score and figured that we can't make up that much ground in one season.  But as we all know, the Vandy game is completely dependent on our team's state of mind.  Even when they're down, Vandy is going to come into that game sky high.  We're their super bowl, and our team has to match their intensity.  Last year, our guys had long since mailed it in by November.  Hell, half of them were probably trying to get Dooley fired.  The result was predictable.  If our team had something, anything to play for, the result would have been very different. 

And that will Butch's charge this year- make sure his guys' heads and hearts are still in it come November.  We're going to go through some hard times before then, but that's the month we can become bowl-eligible as long as our guys don't give up before then.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2013, 10:57:51 EDT »

I'm sure they just looked at last year's score and figured that we can't make up that much ground in one season.  But as we all know, the Vandy game is completely dependent on our team's state of mind.  Even when they're down, Vandy is going to come into that game sky high.  We're their super bowl, and our team has to match their intensity.  Last year, our guys had long since mailed it in by November.  Hell, half of them were probably trying to get Dooley fired.  The result was predictable.  If our team had something, anything to play for, the result would have been very different.  

And that will Butch's charge this year- make sure his guys' heads and hearts are still in it come November.  We're going to go through some hard times before then, but that's the month we can become bowl-eligible as long as our guys don't give up before then.

This team will NOT quit on CBJ....they might get beat...might get hog-stomped....but they will not quit.

CBJ will not allow it...Dooley had zero respect from his team and he showed little respect for them in 3 years...and it showed.

I wish we would hire Hammy back for 30 minutes and make him watch film of Dooley's cluster fook for 29 minutes.....and then fire his ass on the 31st minute!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 11:01:20 EDT by Tnphil » Logged
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2013, 02:35:56 EDT »

This team will NOT quit on CBJ....they might get beat...might get hog-stomped....but they will not quit.

CBJ will not allow it...Dooley had zero respect from his team and he showed little respect for them in 3 years...and it showed.

I wish we would hire Hammy back for 30 minutes and make him watch film of Dooley's cluster fook for 29 minutes.....and then fire his ass on the 31st minute!

But what would he do for the other minute???   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2013, 04:27:54 EDT »

But what would he do for the other minute???   

It takes 1 minute to get the video equipment going!!
Ridge Runner
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2013, 07:07:39 EDT »

I'm sure they just looked at last year's score and figured that we can't make up that much ground in one season.  But as we all know, the Vandy game is completely dependent on our team's state of mind.  Even when they're down, Vandy is going to come into that game sky high.  We're their super bowl, and our team has to match their intensity.  Last year, our guys had long since mailed it in by November.  Hell, half of them were probably trying to get Dooley fired.  The result was predictable.  If our team had something, anything to play for, the result would have been very different.  

And that will Butch's charge this year- make sure his guys' heads and hearts are still in it come November.  We're going to go through some hard times before then, but that's the month we can become bowl-eligible as long as our guys don't give up before then.

Uh, correct me if I'm wrong, but at the time of the Vandy game we had a shot at a bowl bid.
Creek Walker
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2013, 07:21:51 EDT »

Uh, correct me if I'm wrong, but at the time of the Vandy game we had a shot at a bowl bid.

Dooley's teams didn't consider lower-tier bowls something to play for. As evidenced by the 2011 debacle at UK. There's no way in hell that if UT shows up to play, Vanderbilt wins that game in that fashion.
ChattanoogaVol
All-SEC

Time is best spent with family and friends.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2013, 08:02:32 EDT »

NO WAY IN HELL VANDY WINS IN NEYLAND THIS YEAR... Our guys quit in the Vandy game last year...........NOT GONNA HAPPEN AGAIN

Go Big Orange.
crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2013, 06:41:52 EDT »

I like UT's chances at home against either UGA or S.C as coach Jones first "signature" win..Something Dooley was never able to get..Yeah I'm drinkin' the orange kool-aid but that's why they play the game on the field..
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: