VTTW Board Index
May 02, 2024, 11:40:47 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I don't know what to think about the AD hire, so  (Read 3472 times)
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 06, 2011, 04:28:27 EDT »

I'm not going to worry about it. I guess my hope is that Hart's camp is right when they say that he was railroaded at FSU and took the fall for things that reached much further than the athletic department. To be honest I'm not sure that Alleva from LSU would've been a better hire. Basketball has virtually failed on his watch and he didn't handle the lacrosse stuff at Duke correctly.

I'm not sure I'll ever be a Dave Hart fan, but I'm not going to waste much time bitching about it.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 05:36:50 EDT »

Yep, there's nothing we can do about it so until I have a reason not to, I'm gonna support him.

It is my understanding that Dooley is very happy with the hire.. And if Dooley approves that's good enough for me for now.
Volcreed
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 05:44:55 EDT »

I know little to nothing about Dave Hart except what I have read and watching the presser last night.

I am proud to said I do support UTC Mocs program begin I attended both schools, and I have nothing but praise for Rick Hart. I guess using the apple don't fall far from the tree theory I am happy with the hire. The first text I got yesterday was from a UTC booster saying UT can't have Rick when Dave retires.
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 05:47:06 EDT »

Doug Matthews seemed to think it was a good hire. Cut was a bammer guy and he turned out alright for us.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 05:57:05 EDT »

Doug Matthews seemed to think it was a good hire. Cut was a bammer guy and he turned out alright for us.

I'm not really worried about the Bammer thing... I was mostly trolling with that the other day.

I've been more concerned that he was forced out at FSU under a shroud of scandal.

But hey, he's the guy until he's not the guy so I think I'll focus my compulsive pessimism towards our running game. 

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2011, 06:20:29 EDT »

I don't really like the hire, for no other reason than the FSU incident. But I'm very pleased that Alleva didn't wind up at UT.
Memphisvolunteer
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2011, 05:21:10 EDT »

A great article about our new AD from an Alabama perspective.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/09/new_ten nessee_ad_dave_hart_wil.html

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: