VTTW Board Index
May 02, 2024, 05:04:22 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who deleted the thread?  (Read 3970 times)
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« on: November 13, 2011, 06:48:03 EST »

Who deleted the thread that Mike started where I asked him if he posted on a Hawg board?

Interesting choice.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 04:17:15 EST »

Well it wasn't me.

Mike
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 04:22:33 EST »

I did.
It was getting out of hand.
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, 05:48:35 EST »

Not me.
Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2011, 08:21:09 EST »

I did.
It was getting out of hand.

The last I saw, I thought it was resolved.
Mike
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2011, 08:45:33 EST »

It was still angering me.  I just didn't want the thread up there anymore.  I still have my opinion but it is obvious people are bitter and rightly so.  This is a Vol fan board and you don't need to me be salt in the wound.  Good game, now go beat up Vandy.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2011, 09:26:16 EST »

Everything was apparently fine until I came back and responded to the thread later on last night.

I like Mike fine as a person, I just think it's bad form for an opposing fan to basically "live blog" on the opponent's board during a game. My first post wasn't meant to be mean spirited yet was clearly taken personally by Mike and i reacted in kind out of frustration because of the game... then apparently it bothered Vinnie because I should know Mike "well enough" to judge intent. The point is that I come to the board during a game to read the thoughts of Vol fans and I would've reacted similarly to any fan of any opposing team. Opposing fans are welcome to participate in all the discussion before or after the game at whatever level they choose. I wouldn't really care if an opposing fan was commenting on Vol posts during a game either.

As far as people's feelings on the Internet... At this point, I care not. It's the Internet.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Mike
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2011, 10:25:08 EST »

Everything was apparently fine until I came back and responded to the thread later on last night.

I like Mike fine as a person, I just think it's bad form for an opposing fan to basically "live blog" on the opponent's board during a game. My first post wasn't meant to be mean spirited yet was clearly taken personally by Mike and i reacted in kind out of frustration because of the game... then apparently it bothered Vinnie because I should know Mike "well enough" to judge intent. The point is that I come to the board during a game to read the thoughts of Vol fans and I would've reacted similarly to any fan of any opposing team. Opposing fans are welcome to participate in all the discussion before or after the game at whatever level they choose. I wouldn't really care if an opposing fan was commenting on Vol posts during a game either.

As far as people's feelings on the Internet... At this point, I care not. It's the Internet.

The feeling is pretty much mutual with you, Revolver.

But one thread about one play (which made the ESPN top 10 plays of the week, if it matters) is not what I consider "live blogging".  And I was more than happy to disappear (or lurk) while the rest of the game unveiled.
It was not my intention to imply "ha-ha look at those dumb Vol missed tackles".  I can't speak for the millions who have seen the play, youtubed it over and over, and commented on that one particular run.  One particular blogpost I read (sbnation.com) is forwarding the theory that Joe Adams is not human.  Funny, but non-sensical.
I'm not here to polarize the issue either, that's why I deleted the thread.  It was my prerogative and under the circumstances of how bitter you were last night, it was probably better it go away.

However since you felt the need to bring it up and wondering where the thread went, I'll tell you.  I want to tell you that I was disappointed in you with the way you responded and the tone.  Yes, it may be my fault for giving the appearance of "live blogging" at an inopportune time.  I don't think you would have said those things in that tone and manner had Tennessee also been top 10.  But this year they aren't.  So be it.  We have Gameday Play by Play threads on Hogville and most of the people there are idiots.  Hog fans, yes, but still foul idiots.  

Let it be clear I post where I want and how I want based on the company I am surrounded by.  Fan allegiance is minor in my decision of where I waste my time to post dribble drabble.  I AM GOING TO SAY THAT AGAIN... whether this is a Vol board, Gator board, Bama board is irrelevant.  I have made damn good friends on MANY boards and I enjoy the good natured discourse.  If I want to be a total ass, I'm sure there is a Hogville type board around to accomdate my venom.  That's beside the point.

You can run your board however you want.  But I will not continue to defend myself over a stupid misunderstanding.  It was dumb, it was pointless, and it did more harm than good.  Now anyone can tell me "go post on your own damn board and leave us alone to our misery".  People want to play that card, no problem.  This board used to be pretty good natured until the post-Fulmer years.  I even learned to tolerate and laugh along with those Stoerner jokes with you.  How many years have I parlayed banter with that?
Does anyone have any clue how hard it is to filter myself and tiptoe around every conceivably possible landmine.  I could've said hundreds of banable things, all before breakfast.

but wait, Mike, you don't HAVE to post on here.  You don't like it here after all we've put up from you, then don't let the door hit ya. Why bother us?

And if you have to ask that question, you don't know who I am at all.
Do what you want, I'm not here to start fights, God forbid.  And who knows, the Hogs will someday lose Petrino and we'll go back to our mediocre ways for all the world to point and laugh.  But I'm not backing down this time, Revolver.  Consider this your strong rebuke.  At this point, I could give a flying sack of manure who you and I are "fans" of.  This is has nothing to do with it.  It's just a !@#$ing game.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 10:33:02 EST by Mike » Logged
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2011, 10:40:58 EST »

The feeling is pretty much mutual with you, Revolver.

But one thread about one play (which made the ESPN top 10 plays of the week, if it matters) is not what I consider "live blogging".  And I was more than happy to disappear (or lurk) while the rest of the game unveiled.
It was not my intention to imply "ha-ha look at those dumb Vol missed tackles".  I can't speak for the millions who have seen the play, youtubed it over and over, and commented on that one particular run.  One particular blogpost I read (sbnation.com) is forwarding the theory that Joe Adams is not human.  Funny, but non-sensical.
I'm not here to polarize the issue either, that's why I deleted the thread.  It was my prerogative and under the circumstances of how bitter you were last night, it was probably better it go away.

However since you felt the need to bring it up and wondering where the thread went, I'll tell you.  I want to tell you that I was disappointed in you with the way you responded and the tone.  Yes, it may be my fault for giving the appearance of "live blogging" at an inopportune time.  I don't think you would have said those things in that tone and manner had Tennessee also been top 10.  But this year they aren't.  So be it.  We have Gameday Play by Play threads on Hogville and most of the people there are idiots.  Hog fans, yes, but still foul idiots. 

Let it be clear I post where I want and how I want based on the company I am surrounded by.  Fan allegiance is minor in my decision of where I waste my time to post dribble drabble.  I AM GOING TO SAY THAT AGAIN... whether this is a Vol board, Gator board, Bama board is irrelevant.  I have made damn good friends on MANY boards and I enjoy the good natured discourse.  If I want to be a total ass, I'm sure there is a Hogville type board around to accomdate my venom.  That's beside the point.

You can run your board however you want.  But I will not continue to defend myself over a stupid misunderstanding.  It was dumb, it was pointless, and it did more harm than good.  Now anyone can tell me "go post on your own damn board and leave us alone to our misery".  People want to play that card, no problem.  This board used to be pretty good natured until the post-Fulmer years.  I even learned to tolerate and laugh along with those Stoerner jokes with you.  How many years have I parlayed banter with that?
Does anyone have any clue how hard it is to filter myself and tiptoe around every conceivably possible landmine.  I could've said hundreds of banable things, all before breakfast.

but wait, Mike, you don't HAVE to post on here.  You don't like it here after all we've put up from you, then don't let the door hit ya. Why bother us?

And if you have to ask that question, you don't know who I am at all.
Do what you want, I'm not here to start fights, God forbid.  And who knows, the Hogs will someday lose Petrino and we'll go back to our mediocre ways for all the world to point and laugh.  But I'm not backing down this time, Revolver.  Consider this your strong rebuke.  At this point, I could give a flying sack of manure who you and I are "fans" of.  This is has nothing to do with it.  It's just a !@#$ing game.

You are "disappointed" in me? You are giving me a "rebuke"?

I'm not sure who the fizzle you think you are, but... Whatever floats your boat my man. Have a nice life.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Mike
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2011, 10:46:08 EST »

So be it, dude.  I'm out.  Peace.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 10:51:26 EST by Mike » Logged
ChattanoogaVol
All-SEC

Time is best spent with family and friends.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2011, 02:42:28 EST »

Very POOR taste to post that on a VOL board during the game..............intent or not.......JMHO

Go Big Orange.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: