VTTW Board Index
May 20, 2024, 06:45:40 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chris Dortch from BlueRibbon is one of the people I respect most as far as  (Read 2594 times)
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« on: December 15, 2011, 12:04:06 EST »

basketball knowledge... for your review...

http://www.nooga.com/26352_dortch-dont-overreact-to-vols-troubles/

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2011, 12:23:24 EST »

And he's on target. That's why I didn't get the posts (not just here; elsewhere much more so than here) saying Tennessee is a "bad" team because of the Austin Peay loss. Sure, it was a terrible loss...an inexcusable loss. But if you're going to use it as an indicator of the quality of this team, then you have to throw out the performances against Memphis and Pitt and Duke, all 3 of which I thought were pretty good games.

This is almost certainly not an NCAA Tournament team, but let's wait until we get into the thick of SEC play and then see where we stand.

As for Golden, I feel guilty for hatin' on an athlete, but he frustrates me to no end. IMO, he's a weakness on this team. He has to make better decisions and start shooting the ball better.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 12:34:19 EST »

I'm not that worried about losing to a peay.  What matters is how we play at the end of the season not now.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 04:58:47 EST by BanditVol » Logged

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2011, 01:19:21 EST »

And he's on target. That's why I didn't get the posts (not just here; elsewhere much more so than here) saying Tennessee is a "bad" team because of the Austin Peay loss. Sure, it was a terrible loss...an inexcusable loss. But if you're going to use it as an indicator of the quality of this team, then you have to throw out the performances against Memphis and Pitt and Duke, all 3 of which I thought were pretty good games.

I was one who said we are a "bad" team, and that's just what I have seen. It didn't take the loss to Peay for me to see it, but that did take things to a new low. Maybe we are just "bad" in a relative sense . . . relative to the last 6 teams who all went to the NCAA tournament.

We aren't Wade Houston bad, but IMO we are Buzz Peterson bad.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2011, 03:15:44 EST »

As for Golden, I feel guilty for hatin' on an athlete, but he frustrates me to no end. IMO, he's a weakness on this team. He has to make better decisions and start shooting the ball better.

The whole team could use an upgrade in basketball IQ.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2011, 03:19:36 EST »

I was one who said we are a "bad" team, and that's just what I have seen. It didn't take the loss to Peay for me to see it, but that did take things to a new low. Maybe we are just "bad" in a relative sense . . . relative to the last 6 teams who all went to the NCAA tournament.

We aren't Wade Houston bad, but IMO we are Buzz Peterson bad.

I dont think you are wrong at all. I think our team is struggling with a shift in coaching philosophy. And I dont think we are especially smart or "basketball talented".

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: