VTTW Board Index
May 02, 2024, 10:06:45 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gamers  (Read 5226 times)
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« on: January 03, 2012, 10:20:04 EST »

I took the PS3 plunge. In the past month I've blazed through MW3 (7+ hours) and AC-R (17 hours). Battlefield's campaign looks really weak, and Skyrim isn't my thing. I've been wanting to play the Uncharted series more than the Batman Arkham games, and saw a deal at Best Buy where they had a 320 GB PS3 bundle with UC3 for $300... then a package that had UC1 and UC2 for $20. I checked Amazon and Best Buy was quite a bit cheaper, so I jumped.

Any other PS3 exclusives I should be playing? I'm sure I have time to think about it as three UC games should keep me occupied for a while. I know I'm going to get the two Arkham games at some point, but I can get them on XBox.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 10:32:22 EST »

Oh man, you're going to love Uncharted.  I haven't made a whole lot of progress on that (or AC:Rev) simply because when I get home from work most of my attention is on the baby so for now I'm just gaming in 30 minute spurts here and there.  Uncharted is simply incredible and you'll be glad you took the plunge.

Some exclusives to watch for are Twisted Metal (due out in Feb '12) and Metal Gear Solid 4 (a 2008 release but a Sony Playstation staple that can surely be had for dirt cheap by now).  The Motorstorm series of games is a very enjoyable arcade-style racing series.. Then if your into racing simulators there is Gran Turismo 5.

Email me your PSN ID and I'll add you to my buddy list.

Welcome to the good side.  :-)
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 10:37:05 EST »

Oh man, you're going to love Uncharted.  I haven't made a whole lot of progress on that (or AC:Rev) simply because when I get home from work most of my attention is on the baby so for now I'm just gaming in 30 minute spurts here and there.  Uncharted is simply incredible and you'll be glad you took the plunge.

Some exclusives to watch for are Twisted Metal (due out in Feb '12) and Metal Gear Solid 4 (a 2008 release but a Sony Playstation staple that can surely be had for dirt cheap by now).  The Motorstorm series of games is a very enjoyable arcade-style racing series.. Then if your into racing simulators there is Gran Turismo 5.

LOL thanks. I will still always love my XBox though... I chose it way back when because of Halo.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 10:47:39 EST »

Also, enjoy those times with your kid... mine have a crazy social calendar to only be 11 and 8. They seem to spend the night with a different family member or friend every weekend. I'm glad they aren't babies anymore but as they grow up... 

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 11:22:04 EST »

Yep, in the past I couldn't wait to get home and game but now it's just not a priority.  Good times. 
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2012, 11:32:24 EST »

Congrats! Identity theives are processing your credit card info as we speak.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 11:36:17 EST by Black Diamond Vol » Logged

BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2012, 11:34:40 EST »

Congrats! Identity theives are processing you credit card info as we speak.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2012, 04:03:51 EST »

PSN gamertag and XBox Live gamertag are the same... revolver8657.

BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2012, 04:11:47 EST »

The bigger question is when are the guys at Sony and Microsoft going to figure out a way for cross-platform multiplayer?
Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2012, 04:12:17 EST »

PSN gamertag and XBox Live gamertag are the same... revolver8657.

I now have all the information I need! MuaHAHAHAHA!!
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2012, 04:18:09 EST »

The bigger question is when are the guys at Sony and Microsoft going to figure out a way for cross-platform multiplayer?

I bet the technology barrier is almost nonexistant... but I still bet it will be a long time before that happens just for business reasons.

You'd think they'd realize that by partnering together they'd effectively shut out anybody else who wanted to make systems. But then again that might not be good... I think Sirius/XM has slipped since their merger.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2012, 04:18:40 EST »

I now have all the information I need! MuaHAHAHAHA!!

Good luck on getting blood out of this turnip. 

TallVol
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2012, 11:10:34 EST »

I have a very basic gaming question.  We have an XBox and my son will be 7 at the end of this month.  He loves Transformers and for his birthday he is getting Transformers Dark Of The Moon game.  Has anyone played this and is it suitable from a a language  and gameplay standpoint for a 7 year old?  I bought the Batman Arkham City game for myself at Christmas and don't feel comfortbale with his playing it based on some of the language that is repeated several times within the game.  As I was learning the game, and before I realized the language, he was helping me quite a bit with the controls so that part should not be an issue. 
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2012, 11:19:54 EST »

I have a very basic gaming question.  We have an XBox and my son will be 7 at the end of this month.  He loves Transformers and for his birthday he is getting Transformers Dark Of The Moon game.  Has anyone played this and is it suitable from a a language  and gameplay standpoint for a 7 year old?  I bought the Batman Arkham City game for myself at Christmas and don't feel comfortbale with his playing it based on some of the language that is repeated several times within the game.  As I was learning the game, and before I realized the language, he was helping me quite a bit with the controls so that part should not be an issue. 

I have not played it but it has the exact same rating as Arkham City... T for Teen.

BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2012, 12:00:45 EST »

We got my 6-year-old a 360 for Christmas (actually it was one of the original white ones that I had setting in a closet, but he doesn't know the difference of course). We spent some time looking for a suitable game for a kid that age. All I can say is...good luck. The pickings are slim. I'm not comfortable giving him a T-rated game.

Fortunately, this kid has always been enamored with the NCAA Football and 2K Basketball series.
TallVol
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2012, 04:05:55 EST »

After Batman, I may steer clear or try to find something a little younger for him.  One final thing on Transformers, the engineer that is responsible for these latest action figures with the 2 page instructions needs to tone it down a little.  Got a Optimus Prime & Bumblbee for the kid at Christmas and we have yet to transform either of them correctly.  I don't remember it being that difficult as a kid.   Thought I would relive my youth a little with him but those things are a parent's hell.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: