VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 01:14:00 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OK, so putting a lot of stuff together from various boards, sites, and shows  (Read 4737 times)
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« on: August 23, 2012, 07:38:45 EDT »

Here is what I believe is the most passable scenario.

First, Hubbs all but confirmed it was a drug test issue. Not grades, not an agent... no reports of any legal conflict... then what the hell could it be?

Second, assuming it is a drug test issue, it has to be the 2nd offense, which is a one game suspension. The first test at UT is non-actionable and the 3rd test is automatic dismissal, so if it were the third failed test he would've gotten the Tyrann Mathieu treatment, not the "indefinite suspension" treatment.

Third, Basilio is saying that Rogers lost his temper and left town.

Fourth, and this is the one that is least deductive or proven, is that I've read that Da'Rick is appealing the result of the test.

If you put all of those things together, I'm going with this scenario: Da'Rick tests positive for something and it's his second offense. Dooley tells him he's suspended for one game per University policy and Da'Rick, as he is wont to do, flips his shizzle and leaves town headed back to ATL. Maybe he feels he has reason to be angry, but that's why it turned into an indefinite suspension rather than a one game suspension.

Bottom line to me is, if he had truly changed his tune and was a leader, he would've accepted the one game suspension or appealed it in the right way.

FWIW, JMHO, YMMV, GBO.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 07:45:03 EDT »

Tyler Bray is quoted as saying he visited with him Wednesday night after hearing it and Da'Rick was "down".

WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 07:47:22 EDT »

Here is what I believe is the most passable scenario.

First, Hubbs all but confirmed it was a drug test issue. Not grades, not an agent... no reports of any legal conflict... then what the hell could it be?

Second, assuming it is a drug test issue, it has to be the 2nd offense, which is a one game suspension. The first test at UT is non-actionable and the 3rd test is automatic dismissal, so if it were the third failed test he would've gotten the Tyrann Mathieu treatment, not the "indefinite suspension" treatment.

Third, Basilio is saying that Rogers lost his temper and left town.

Fourth, and this is the one that is least deductive or proven, is that I've read that Da'Rick is appealing the result of the test.

If

If you put all of those things together, I'm going with this scenario: Da'Rick tests positive for something and it's his second offense. Dooley tells him he's suspended for one game per University policy and Da'Rick, as he is wont to do, flips his shizzle and leaves town headed back to ATL. Maybe he feels he has reason to be angry, but that's why it turned into an indefinite suspension rather than a one game suspension.

Bottom line to me is, if he had truly changed his tune and was a leader, he would've accepted the one game suspension or appealed it in the right way.

FWIW, JMHO, YMMV, GBO.

I wonder in the case that Rogers can come back,whether He'll transfer? I bet Clemson would be licking their chops wanting Him in that case

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, 07:48:29 EDT »

I wonder in the case that Rogers can come back,whether He'll transfer? I bet Clemson would be licking their chops wanting Him in that case

He can't play immediately at a D1 school without a waiver, which he won't get.

Also I just read that FL98 is reporting that DR's locker is cleaned out and they have a really good source on such things.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2012, 07:52:31 EDT »

He can't play immediately at a D1 school without a waiver, which he won't get.

Also I just read that FL98 is reporting that DR's locker is cleaned out and they have a really good source on such things.

Wow,I wouldn't be suprised to see Him in a UT-Chattanooga Mocs uniform since He wont be able to get a waiver

WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2012, 07:55:19 EDT »

The AJC just reported this on their website,it took them a little while

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2012, 07:57:59 EDT »

Wow,I wouldn't be suprised to see Him in a UT-Chattanooga Mocs uniform since He wont be able to get a waiver

I wouldn't be surprised to see him suit up against us for Georgia State in 2 weeks to be honest.

WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2012, 07:59:30 EDT »

I wouldn't be surprised to see him suit up against us for Georgia State in 2 weeks to be honest.

Isn't GSU a D1 school? I don't think He would like sitting on His a&& for a season if He didn't have to

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2012, 08:10:39 EDT »

Isn't GSU a D1 school? I don't think He would like sitting on His a&& for a season if He didn't have to

Not technically D1 yet I don't think. Moving to the Sun Belt next year.

Screaming Eagle Dad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2012, 08:14:26 EDT »

If he wants to act like an idiot boots his butt off the team and DON'T RELEASE HIM FROM HIS SCHOLARSHIP TO ANYONE!!!!!!!! Let him transfer to a lower level school and try to get it together. He's a talent, but he is well on his way to being a cancer to any team he plays for.
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2012, 08:17:00 EDT »

I agree. If it's pot, serve your time and be a good teammate. Even at this stage, if it's pot and a childish reaction (running off, whatever), he should still come back . . . perhaps with an extra game on the bench. I think now-- as ever-- it's up to Da'Rick. Unfortunately his track record suggests it's over.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2012, 08:19:57 EDT »

If he wants to act like an idiot boots his butt off the team and DON'T RELEASE HIM FROM HIS SCHOLARSHIP TO ANYONE!!!!!!!! Let him transfer to a lower level school and try to get it together. He's a talent, but he is well on his way to being a cancer to any team he plays for.

If you boot him off the team, you are releasing him from his scholarship. That's what being kicked off the team means. You can't say "GET OUT but you can't go here and here and here."

Scholarship releases only apply when a kid that you want to keep transfers.

I'm against any and all scholarship release restrictions except to keep a kid from playing against you. A player should have to transfer out of conference and to a school that's not on your schedule, but otherwise they should be able to go where they want. Coaches can go where they want.

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2012, 08:27:49 EDT »

Dooley said he doesn't expect he will be back.

I'm sure DaRick has appealed. I doubt he wins his appeal. Once he loses, he will be dismissed. 
Screaming Eagle Dad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2012, 08:36:49 EDT »

If you boot him off the team, you are releasing him from his scholarship. That's what being kicked off the team means. You can't say "GET OUT but you can't go here and here and here."

Scholarship releases only apply when a kid that you want to keep transfers.

I'm against any and all scholarship release restrictions except to keep a kid from playing against you. A player should have to transfer out of conference and to a school that's not on your schedule, but otherwise they should be able to go where they want. Coaches can go where they want.
Then I stand corrected. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: