VTTW Board Index
May 02, 2024, 11:59:45 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OK, so let's do our prediction thread  (Read 8802 times)
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 13, 2012, 10:07:25 EDT »

When I really sit down and look at the game, I think that at home UT creates bad matchup problems for UF. If the game were at Florida, I would pick Florida. They have more top to bottom athletic talent. But, we have better playmakers on offense and we have the unquestioned edge at QB going into the game. I believe this game sets up for UT to jump out quickly... 7-0, 10-3, 14-3, something like that, and make Florida throw the ball to win. Our defense will gamble and blitz and create turnovers in that case.

All that being said, I STILL think it's going to be a very close game, but I'm going with UT by 5. The score I have rattling around in my head is 24-19 but it could be 31-26 or something like that.

The real question that some of you are going to ask is, am I drinking the Kool (Dool) Aid now that I'm picking UT? And the truth is, I'm not. I'm fully aware that they could let me down. Honestly, that's why I just described a scenario to you where UT SHOULD win big... jump out, create turnovers and therefore easy scores... but I just don't believe UT will win by more than one score.

Predictions?

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 10:19:11 EDT »

Literally the only thing that gives me pause is the history of the series.  Things always just seem to go UF's way in this series.

If it was anyone else I'd say Vols win 31-10.  I will admit the Gators are in my head so I'll slide that to a 28-17 Vols win.

But I'm still terrified.  I can't even recall how many times I've been psyched up for the UF game only to have my hopes and dreams dashed.  I'm just afraid to get my hopes up.

But on paper, if we play like we have thusfar and they play like they have thusfar, we win by two scores.

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 10:22:43 EDT »

Predictions?

35-23 Vols.

I think we do jump out early but get a third quarter scare . . . maybe a special teams or defensive play that puts Florida back in it . . . and we get a late TD to seal it. UF has the superior kicker and I have three FGs built in here . . . but we've been on the other side of that.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Ridge Runner
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2012, 10:23:20 EDT »

UT 31 - UF 21. I know I may be setting myself up for a big letdown, but I think the Vols get it done this time. I think with UF's injuries on D, they'll be vulnerable, and the OL has been keeping Bray well protected thus far, so I think we'll be able to hit some big plays on them. I just hope we'll be able to run enough to keep us from being one-dimensional. I think we'll break the 100 yard barrier and be just effective enough. And I think the our D will bend but not  break against the, thus far, pedestrian UF offense.
MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2012, 10:30:09 EDT »

I think you guys have to do a better job on the run game and make UF's defense honest.  That being said, I think UT has the advantage, with the smallest on the D side of the ball.  If UT stays away from turnovers and dumb stuff early, you guys should win. I think it will be close with not a lot of points on the board: Home Team wins, 17-13.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 11:05:13 EDT by MIAUTIGER » Logged

Bammer suxes! That is all!
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2012, 10:43:19 EDT »

FYI, my wife (who knows nothing about the teams other than the win/loss history since we've been together) laughed at me last night and said "They aren't beating Florida. Get real."

I keep telling myself that she knows nothing and is just saying that because we've only beaten them four times in the 20 times we've played them since she and I have been together.

Good Lord I just made myself sad. I can remember where I was for every one of those wins. And most of the losses.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2012, 10:55:40 EDT »

Who are we kidding, they're UF and they beat us.  It's just the way it is.

Double reverse mojo, engaged.
GeneVols
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2012, 11:01:29 EDT »

I'm going to say UT 27 - Gators 21
RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2012, 11:07:52 EDT »

I just got my 55 gallon drum of Kool-aid in and am dunking my head in it!!  VOLS by at least 15 points...Our Defense comes alive and gets real hungry for gator!
G8rSid
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2012, 11:12:03 EDT »

I'm thinking y'all will hang about 21 on us by half-time. Gators will manage a couple of FGs in the 3rd Q and the final will be about 47-6. Then Muschamp gets canned after the season and we go and hire Phil Fulmer, who will proceed to whip y'all for another 7 years.

Should be fun.....for Vols.
Hollerboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2012, 11:37:16 EDT »

Vols 28, UF 26....but honestly, the only reason i am picking the Vols is case i aint never picked the gaters fer NOTHING! !!!    But my heart tells me it will be the same-ol same-ol. We should win...cant convince myself that we will.  Kinda wish i was going to the game. Sorta feels like a certain year back in the nineties.

Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2012, 11:40:53 EDT »

Based on performance thus far I say we have the edge. It all hinges on our o-line. That and keeping contain on the edges which is something we have not done well and is what finally beat A&M last week. Not allowing for turnovers, if the o-line plays well and we contain the edges and the qb scramble for 1st downs we have too much offense for them to keep up.

Vols 31-21.  
GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2012, 11:47:32 EDT »

When I saw the thread, I came to the same score as Ridge. But, if Bray has a good day I think he will exploit it and CDD better let him.

Go Vols!   

G
buckyvol
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2012, 11:54:54 EDT »

Any chance of rain?

45-3 Big Orange!

I can dream, can't I?

LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2012, 12:09:14 EDT »

I wish we played it on paper, because we have certainly looked better on paper this year.

I wish I couldn't remember the years UF has looked awful the first game or two, then kicked our butts.

I wish we had a kicking game.  I can't shake the feeling that it will cost us a game this year, and I hope it's not this one.

I wish I didn't have such a good feeling about this game, because I had this same feeling of confidence in 2002.  Then it rained.  Casey had never seen rain.  He was very scared and confused.

I wish for one of the running backs to become a solid, dependable contributor this game, because if not, UF is awfully talented on D (even injured) and if we are throwing every down, they are smart enough to figure it our by halftime, 3rd quarter at the outside.

I wish it was today, I will go crazy before Saturday.

Vols 24-20

My pronouns are:  I, Me, My, and Mine
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2012, 12:15:58 EDT »

I wish we played it on paper, because we have certainly looked better on paper this year.

I wish I couldn't remember the years UF has looked awful the first game or two, then kicked our butts.

I wish we had a kicking game.  I can't shake the feeling that it will cost us a game this year, and I hope it's not this one.

I wish I didn't have such a good feeling about this game, because I had this same feeling of confidence in 2002.  Then it rained.  Casey had never seen rain.  He was very scared and confused.

I wish for one of the running backs to become a solid, dependable contributor this game, because if not, UF is awfully talented on D (even injured) and if we are throwing every down, they are smart enough to figure it our by halftime, 3rd quarter at the outside.

I wish it was today, I will go crazy before Saturday.

Vols 24-20

That pretty much sums it up.   
Oldvol75
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2012, 12:27:46 EDT »

35-13 VOLS!

God “The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the external rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained.” from George Washington’s first Inaugural address.
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2012, 01:00:53 EDT »

30-27 Tennessee

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2012, 01:06:56 EDT »

42-7 BIG azz ARNGE!
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2012, 02:23:41 EDT »

35-20, good guys.

CrossVol
Starter

Peyton in 2012!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2012, 02:25:09 EDT »

27-17 VOLS!

Wherever you go, there you are.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2012, 02:28:21 EDT »

31-24 VOLS

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2012, 05:01:04 EDT »

28-17 Vols

Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2012, 01:21:31 EDT »

35-17
VOLMAN
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2012, 01:36:29 EDT »

run game. If they can run effectively our defense is on the bench and they wear down our defense and control the clock. BUT, I think our offense puts their back against the wall and we force Driskle to beat us and he can't.....thus UT 34  Gayturds 20.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: