VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 04:00:45 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I just don't care anymore  (Read 10151 times)
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 16, 2012, 03:29:33 EDT »

Ambivalent. Apathetic. Done.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 03:37:27 EDT »

Pretty much with ya.  I already have tickets to the Alabama loss. So I will go, but that melt down last night left me numb, and indifferent. >:(
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 03:38:06 EDT »

Yep. I spent all of my give-a-shizzle on that game. I was fully invested and that was a total crash. I have nothing else to put in right now.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

ChattanoogaVol
All-SEC

Time is best spent with family and friends.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2012, 03:40:27 EDT »

I was so excited for this game.......... ...............i was drinking the ORANGE KOOL-AID AND BELIEVING.............THAT  IS WHY I'M SO PISSED.  The tailgate was a great time and everone there thought we were going to win a tough game, but we believed Tennessee would win.

I will do alot of hunting on Saturdays instead of driving to Knoxville this season....................

Agree

Go Big Orange.
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2012, 06:12:51 EDT »

I love the Vols and I'll still be watching. I just hope for a coaching change after the season!

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
Volcreed
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2012, 06:18:06 EDT »

3 words defines 2008-2012
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2012, 08:59:26 EDT »

I seem to be in a small minority, but I am not done. 

This was a crushing loss, no doubt.  It's probably the most disappointed I have been since 2007 in the SECCG.

It could be because I had Florida as the 4th-toughest game (though I considered moving MSU up a notch) and my expectations were for an 8-4 season anyway.

What this means to me is that Dooley has no margin for error, while many of you think he is already toast.

There are all kinds of interesting possibilities left to play out.  It's not over by a long shot.

If we beat Missouri and MSU and win the games we are supposed to, we finish 8-4 go to a mid-level bowl (which we hopefully win) and we will have taken a large step forward from last year.

After last night, I suspect the majority of our fan base does not even find that likely, but we will see.  So long as the team continues to improve, anything is possible.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2012, 09:10:05 EDT »

I was done last night 'not watching another game', etc but today I'm wearing my Vol for Life shirt and will cheer my little Vol heart out the rest of the season.  
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 09:34:56 EDT by VoLynteer » Logged
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2012, 09:29:03 EDT »

I seem to be in a small minority, but I am not done. 

This was a crushing loss, no doubt.  It's probably the most disappointed I have been since 2007 in the SECCG.

It could be because I had Florida as the 4th-toughest game (though I considered moving MSU up a notch) and my expectations were for an 8-4 season anyway.

What this means to me is that Dooley has no margin for error, while many of you think he is already toast.

There are all kinds of interesting possibilities left to play out.  It's not over by a long shot.

If we beat Missouri and MSU and win the games we are supposed to, we finish 8-4 go to a mid-level bowl (which we hopefully win) and we will have taken a large step forward from last year.

After last night, I suspect the majority of our fan base does not even find that likely, but we will see.  So long as the team continues to improve, anything is possible.

The man is 2-27 vs. teams with winning records.

I really don't see how Dooley has done anything on the field to give us any hope. 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2012, 11:41:50 EDT »

The man is 2-27 vs. teams with winning records.

I really don't see how Dooley has done anything on the field to give us any hope. 

True, but although we all got sick of the excuses, we faced extenuating circumstances last season, to say the least.

We all also know there is no room for excuses anymore.  The rest of the season is still there for the taking.

I am not wildly optimistic, but I am definitely willing to let it play out.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2012, 03:34:06 EDT »

not done. Will still watch and care. We will get there eventually.

Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2012, 03:45:55 EDT »

When the team and coaches start acting like they care then I will. The fans poured their hearts into it last night and they just quit.......again.   
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2012, 04:00:30 EDT »

To clarify my original post, I will never stop being a Vol fan. I am going to watch the games, at least on TV. But I just don't care about losing and I'm not going to go out of my way to support a broken program. I'm numb to it.

Yes, I will go to Knox this week because my kids want to go, but my attitude before the season was that they had to show me and all they've shown me is that they are coached by a coach who can't win big games and can't keep players from giving up.

I'm a little incredulous that the same fan base who was ready to run off a national championship coach after his first losing season is willing to abide by a coach who is like 0-22 in his career vs. ranked teams because they fear we can't do any better. Talk about low self esteem.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 04:03:49 EDT by ReVOLver » Logged

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2012, 04:06:49 EDT »

To clarify my original post, I will never stop being a Vol fan. I am going to watch the games, at least on TV. But I just don't care about losing and I'm not going to go out of my way to support a broken program. I'm numb to it.

Yes, I will go to Knox this week because my kids want to go, but my attitude before the season was that they had to show me and all they've shown me is that they are coached by a coach who can't win big games and can't keep players from giving up.

I'm a little incredulous that the same fan base who was ready to run off a national championship coach after his first losing season is willing to abide by a coach who is like 0-22 in his career vs. ranked teams because they can't do any better. Talk about low self esteem.

There is no retort for last sentence.  None.  I can't in any way shape or form see how anyone can still believe in this guy to bring us back.  We've hit rock bottom if we think he's the best we can do.
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2012, 04:07:50 EDT »

I like Dooley - a lot....he just isn't an SEC caliber coach at this point and maybe he never will be.  He does all the right things...embraces our traditions, the man wears freaking orange pants....He just doesn't manage the game right.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2012, 04:10:52 EDT »

I like Dooley - a lot....he just isn't an SEC caliber coach at this point and maybe he never will be.  He does all the right things...embraces our traditions, the man wears freaking orange pants....He just doesn't manage the game right.

I want him to succeed. But only blind homers can sit there and say that he is a good coach. He's just not. It's plain as day.

VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2012, 04:18:28 EDT »

I want him to succeed. But only blind homers can sit there and say that he is a good coach. He's just not. It's plain as day.

I'm sure you will be glad to join me in a large serving of crow should we win 9 games this year 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2012, 04:27:15 EDT »

I'm a little incredulous that the same fan base who was ready to run off a national championship coach after his first losing season is willing to abide by a coach who is like 0-22 in his career vs. ranked teams because they fear we can't do any better. Talk about low self esteem.

We can definitely do better.  It just isn't over yet IMO. 

And Dooley doesn't need to bring us all the way back, but bringing us back to Top 25 and a bowl every year is a big step forward from the last 4 years.  We may need to be a bit more patient.  Shula was at bama for 5 years before they brought in saban.

Oldvol75
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2012, 04:28:38 EDT »

I was still on the CDD bus until this past Saturday night. I'm now off. I have tickets to Akron and Kentucky and will still be going.

God “The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the external rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained.” from George Washington’s first Inaugural address.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2012, 04:30:18 EDT »

I'm sure you will be glad to join me in a large serving of crow should we win 9 games this year 

Of course, but let's be realistic... not gonna happen.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2012, 04:32:20 EDT »

We can definitely do better.  It just isn't over yet IMO. 

And Dooley doesn't need to bring us all the way back, but bringing us back to Top 25 and a bowl every year is a big step forward from the last 4 years.  We may need to be a bit more patient.  Shula was at bama for 5 years before they brought in saban.

IIRC, Shula bought himself a little time with a single 10 or 11 win season in the middle of his tenure.  If Dooley could just do that- give us a little HOPE, it would go a long ways.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: