VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 02:11:02 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So I'm watching The Office season 8  (Read 4939 times)
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 06, 2012, 03:45:38 EDT »

On Netflix.

I miss Michael's character in a way but honestly I think I may like the show just as much without him. Maybe even more.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 03:48:23 EDT »

Wow, really?  By the end of last season, I was watching more out of obligation than anything.  I thought it was awful.  But I have 8+ years invested in it now, and I want to see how it ends.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 03:54:26 EDT »

BTW, the first few episodes of this season were better than anything we saw last year, IMO.  So maybe that's a good sign.  But we're still a LONG ways removed from "Diversity Day" and "The Dinner Party".

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2012, 04:07:44 EDT »

It's not as good as the old days but I felt like it was getting tedious with Michael. Maybe I have low standards.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2012, 07:32:13 EDT »

I think I can say it's my favorite comedy of all time.  I miss Michael but I still enjoy it a lot and will be really sad when it's over.

Matter of fact, I dreamed last night I was on the set when the final episode ends and I was hugging the cast members. 
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2012, 04:21:37 EDT »

I think I can say it's my favorite comedy of all time.  I miss Michael but I still enjoy it a lot and will be really sad when it's over.

Matter of fact, I dreamed last night I was on the set when the final episode ends and I was hugging the cast members.  

A comedy out now that I really like is New Girl.  It kinda reminds me of Friends, but with much, much better writing.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 04:26:58 EDT by Black Diamond Vol » Logged

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2012, 10:52:53 EDT »

A comedy out now that I really like is New Girl.  It kinda reminds me of Friends, but with much, much better writing.

Haven't watched it, but i like that Zoey chick.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2012, 05:30:18 EDT »

I think I can say it's my favorite comedy of all time.  I miss Michael but I still enjoy it a lot and will be really sad when it's over.

I like Seinfeld better, but it's close. The Office is up there with Cheers and The Cosby Show as the ones that are just a tick behind Seinfeld.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2012, 05:35:04 EDT »

I like Seinfeld better, but it's close. The Office is up there with Cheers and The Cosby Show as the ones that are just a tick behind Seinfeld.

Agree with Seinfeld.  I'd put Frasier in that 2nd group as well.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2012, 05:39:49 EDT »

Agree with Seinfeld.  I'd put Frasier in that 2nd group as well.

I'd put Frasier in my top 10.

I think my top 5 sitcoms would be Seinfeld, The Cosby Show, Cheers, The Office, and The Brady Bunch.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2012, 05:45:56 EDT »

I know this is weird, but I'll put it out there anyway.. I'm a big fan of Golden Girls too.

I'm a big Seinfeld fan, but I never got into it until after the series had ended.  I now own all seasons of it, and I do with Office too... But Seinfield is in second place for me.  Office just hit it right for me.

There's a big dropoff after my top 4, and those are the ones I own on dvd:  Office, Seinfeld, GG's, and Simpsons.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2012, 05:47:03 EDT »

I'd put Frasier in my top 10.

I think my top 5 sitcoms would be Seinfeld, The Cosby Show, Cheers, The Office, and The Brady Bunch.

Also, a comedy that was every bit as good as those, but wasn't around long enough was Arrested Development.  It's actually coming back as a Netflix exclusive, but I'm skeptical that it can be that good the 2nd time around.

Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2012, 07:24:42 EDT »

I know this is weird, but I'll put it out there anyway.. I'm a big fan of Golden Girls too.

ykhikyg?
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2012, 07:41:21 EDT »

ykhikyg?

Jerrus.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2012, 07:46:20 EDT »

If we are counting animated shows as sitcoms, family guy is my number 2 and Greg and Marsha drop out of my top 5.

Golden Girls and Roseanne are top 10 for me too.

I have never watched arrested development but I know I would like it based in reviews.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: