VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 05:43:26 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If you are a UT fan for Gruden  (Read 9801 times)
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 26, 2012, 03:23:50 EDT »

It may be in your best interest to root for San Diego in the NFL from here on out. Just saying.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 03:29:28 EDT »

Uhhh....I don't think I can do that.

Why does this have to be so hard?  Just another reason for me to hate Norv Turner. 
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 03:30:14 EDT »

I know people are concerned about Petrino's ability to stay in one place for more than 5 years (I don't care if he does), but IF Gruden returns to coaching I don't know would be guaranteed to be here any longer. It's just a thought.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2012, 03:34:13 EDT »

I know people are concerned about Petrino's ability to stay in one place for more than 5 years (I don't care if he does), but IF Gruden returns to coaching I don't know would be guaranteed to be here any longer. It's just a thought.

That's not what I mean at all. Contractually Gruden will be locked up if he comes here. I'm saying that the choice might come down to UT and San Diego.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2012, 03:34:56 EDT »

Uhhh....I don't think I can do that.

Why does this have to be so hard?  Just another reason for me to hate Norv Turner.

Jeez you are STUBBORN. :-)

VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2012, 03:35:39 EDT »

That's not what I mean at all. Contractually Gruden will be locked up if he comes here. I'm saying that the choice might come down to UT and San Diego.

Well...badword....maybe he is skeered of Peyton....
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2012, 03:36:25 EDT »

Jeez you are STUBBORN. :-)

Me? Unpossible!!

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2012, 03:37:02 EDT »

Just another reason for me to hate Norv Turner. 

And Phillip Rivers. I'll find it hard to root for them too but if it really did make a difference I could make the sacrifice . . . unless they're playing Denver because I can't tolerate Rivers getting the best of Peyton.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2012, 03:38:52 EDT »

And Phillip Rivers. I'll find it hard to root for them too but if it really did make a difference I could make the sacrifice . . . unless they're playing Denver because I can't tolerate Rivers getting the best of Peyton.

Shhh...you are going to be called stubborn.

This is ALL Jim Irsay's fault.  I hate that's SOB 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2012, 03:43:25 EDT »

Shhh...you are going to be called stubborn.

This is ALL Jim Irsay's fault.  I hate that's SOB 

Peyton is doing just fine in Denver, so why the hate for Irsay? 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2012, 03:45:00 EDT »

It may be in your best interest to root for San Diego in the NFL from here on out. Just saying.

I knew it was too good to be true.   
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2012, 03:49:48 EDT »

Peyton is doing just fine in Denver, so why the hate for Irsay? 

Hello, have we met?  Irsay is a classless jerk that took to Twitter to act like a child and call Peyton names, etc.  Jesus may forgive but Lynnie doesn't forget.
generic name here
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2012, 03:54:14 EDT »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/8pBi69gqVO0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/8pBi69gqVO0</a>
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2012, 03:56:57 EDT »

sorry I should have read this before posting my scenario on SD. You are right about SD - we need them to do well.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2012, 04:02:38 EDT »

Hello, have we met?  Irsay is a classless jerk that took to Twitter to act like a child and call Peyton names, etc.  Jesus may forgive but Lynnie doesn't forget.

Okay, I figured you were holding a grudge.

But even though I am a long time Colts fan, even before Peyton went there, I think he might actually be better off in Denver.  Indy was looking kind of stagnant.

Irsay, even though he's a jerk as you point out, might have just done Peyton a favor. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2012, 04:11:07 EDT »

Okay, I figured you were holding a grudge.

But even though I am a long time Colts fan, even before Peyton went there, I think he might actually be better off in Denver.  Indy was looking kind of stagnant.

Irsay, even though he's a jerk as you point out, might have just done Peyton a favor. 

Yeah...and the guy that divorced my sister 25 years ago did her a favor but not before he hurt her so he is on my "list". Here's a fun little fact: I hope Indy loses to the Titans this week.  THAT is how much I loathe Jim Irsay.
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2012, 04:32:06 EDT »

I gotcha Revolver. I wasn't saying that's what you were saying. I was simply stating IF Gruden simply wants to get back into coaching we'll have to continually fend off suitors. If he specifically wants the UT job we're fine, but if he just wants back in the game I'm not sure he'd be here long term.

My guess is any NFL franchise would easily fork over $10 million or whatever the buyout happened to be so while we might be protected from other colleges we may still be exposed to the big boys.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2012, 04:35:54 EDT »

Yeah...and the guy that divorced my sister 25 years ago did her a favor but not before he hurt her so he is on my "list". Here's a fun little fact: I hope Indy loses to the Titans this week.  THAT is how much I loathe Jim Irsay.

Wow!   Rooting for the Titans.  Amazing.   

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2012, 04:46:19 EDT »

I gotcha Revolver. I wasn't saying that's what you were saying. I was simply stating IF Gruden simply wants to get back into coaching we'll have to continually fend off suitors. If he specifically wants the UT job we're fine, but if he just wants back in the game I'm not sure he'd be here long term.

My guess is any NFL franchise would easily fork over $10 million or whatever the buyout happened to be so while we might be protected from other colleges we may still be exposed to the big boys.

I don't think you understand how the NFL views coaches. Belichick only makes $7.5 million. If Gruden's buyout is $5 million to leave, no NFL team is coming after him.

Also I don't think that people are really worried about Petrino leaving, they are more worried about how he left other places, as evidence of his character.

VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2012, 04:51:10 EDT »

Wow!   Rooting for the Titans.  Amazing.   

Ummm...no, not rooting for the Titans....rooting for Indy to have a horrible game. 
10EC
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2012, 04:56:08 EDT »

Ummm...no, not rooting for the Titans....rooting for Indy to have a horrible game. 

Shouldn't you be rooting for the meteor?
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2012, 05:06:07 EDT »

Shouldn't you be rooting for the meteor?

Don't be ridiculous...it is a Titans home game and I don't want Nashville demolished.  Plus I love Reggie Wayne and wouldn't want him to be hurt. 
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2012, 05:12:37 EDT »

Don't be ridiculous...it is a Titans home game and I don't want Nashville demolished.  Plus I love Reggie Wayne and wouldn't want him to be hurt. 

The Colts should have kept Pierre Garcon

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
10EC
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2012, 05:18:03 EDT »

Maybe a golf ball sized one that lands on a certain someone's head?
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2012, 05:23:05 EDT »

Maybe a golf ball sized one that lands on a certain someone's head?

LOL
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: