VTTW Board Index
May 02, 2024, 06:15:28 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If you are a UT fan for Gruden  (Read 9796 times)
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2012, 05:35:55 EDT »

That's interesting. I had no idea what NFL coaching salaries were. That having been said if I was an owner I'd absolutely pay a buyout for a coach I believed in. Sadly I am not an owner.

If a college will pay $5 million (to use a round number) to protect a $100 million a year budget I'd think the ROI would be quick enough for an NFL team to pay $10 million. That having been said college coaches are part GM and part coach whereas smart NFL franchises seperate the two.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2012, 07:35:08 EDT »

Going back to an email I just got from Radical, the NFL may be our biggest obstacle.  Which is why, IMO, Dooley needs to go next week.  We need put the pressure on Gruden now and not wait until he has a two or three NFL jobs to also consider.
Creek Walker
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2012, 07:38:50 EDT »

Going back to an email I just got from Radical, the NFL may be our biggest obstacle.  Which is why, IMO, Dooley needs to go next week.  We need put the pressure on Gruden now and not wait until he has a two or three NFL jobs to also consider.

My guess would be that Gruden has been assured the job is his if he wants it. Still, I agree that Dooley needs to be fired next week...if for no other reason than to avoid the negative PR that will come with firing him at the end of the season. Much easier to fire a guy who has just lost his 5th consecutive SEC game than to fire a guy who has just won four straight games. (Of course, that is assuming that UT will go undefeated in November, which I seriously doubt at this point.)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: