VTTW Board Index
May 19, 2024, 05:00:13 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It's official. Worley is out for the remainder of the season....  (Read 2165 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: November 05, 2014, 01:43:29 EST »

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11823029/justin-worley-tennessee-volunteers-season-ending-shoulder-surgery
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 05:34:06 EST »

Surgery for torn labrum. As an official old man with bursitis in left shoulder and having a closed fracture in my left clavicle (cracked collar bone) two years ago, any shoulder injury hurts. It hurts when you are young, but it really hurts when you are older. He is a young man that took a beating and is now out and looking at rehab. I wish him lots of luck and pray for a successful recovery. He deserved better. But such is life.

GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 06:31:32 EST »

I hate that for Worley! I wish a senior would never have to go out on an injury after giving 4-5 years to the team.

I don't know about a labrum injury and I hope he has some great therapy. I just know that August 2013 I broke the head of my humorous (ball on the head of the upper arm) and though it was the 10th bone I've broken since I was 21 (now 58), it was the worst! I even broke my lower arm a month or two later and it wasn't squat!

I wish Worley had a chance to fight his way back in. But, I'm not unhappy with Dobbs and I don't know if Worley could've won me over.

Best of luck to him!

G       
Screaming Eagle Dad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 03:12:44 EST »

I hate it for the man. Worley really did give it his best shot. Dooley screwed him over by playing when he didnt need to. I've had a torn larum and I know what it feels like to even try to throw with one thats torn. It is very fainful. He'll do fine with the rehab. I hope he gets a shot at the next level. He truly is a Vol For Life.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: