VTTW Board Index
May 17, 2024, 05:49:06 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: As per Paul Finebaum, LSU-UF will be played on November 19th*  (Read 2868 times)
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« on: October 13, 2016, 11:34:02 EDT »

11B4PJ3F7
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2016, 11:41:35 EDT »

The way it's been told is this way:

LSU will host Florida on Nov. 19th

Presbyterian and South Alabama get buyouts and LSU agrees to play in Gainesville in '17 and '18.
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2016, 11:44:57 EDT »

Dear sweet baby Jesus, the amount of whining and crying coming from those with crocodile eyes makes me both chuckle and weep at the same time. They can't stop crying about having to play the game....get the &*@# over it

11B4PJ3F7
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2016, 11:49:13 EDT »

Dear sweet baby Jesus, the amount of whining and crying coming from those with crocodile eyes makes me both chuckle and weep at the same time. They can't stop crying about having to play the game....get the &*@# over it

Yes, it's beautiful.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2016, 12:51:48 EDT »

The game could have and should have been played in Gainesville last Sunday or Monday.  Nothing they say will convince me otherwise.  But for whatever reason, Foley didn't want to play it right now.

Reading the press releases, you can make an educated guess as to how this went down.  Foley had no intention of playing the game at all, until the commissioner informed him that he couldn't win the SECE without playing it.  That's when Alleva knew he had him over a barrel. 

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2016, 01:50:51 EDT »

The game could have and should have been played in Gainesville last Sunday or Monday.  Nothing they say will convince me otherwise.  But for whatever reason, Foley didn't want to play it right now.

Reading the press releases, you can make an educated guess as to how this went down.  Foley had no intention of playing the game at all, until the commissioner informed him that he couldn't win the SECE without playing it.  That's when Alleva knew he had him over a barrel. 

Spot on....I posted the other day you can bet your butt when Florida finds out they would be ineligible for the SECCG under the 8 game rule they'd play it on Thanksgiving at midnight if they had too. They were informed this was the case and look what's happening...The game will be played.

Statement:

LSU and Florida have come to an agreement on a makeup date for their game that was postponed on Oct. 8 by Hurricane Matthew.
 LSU will now host Florida on Nov. 19, with the two teams buying out their nonconference games with South Alabama and Presbyterian. In return for taking the home game this year, LSU will now play at Florida in 2017 and 2018 before resuming the usual every other year home-and-home rotation for the rivalry game. The schools made the announcement official Thursday afternoon.

"It was important for us to come to a resolution. Each university had its own set of concerns throughout this process, however, existing SEC regulations did not provide an avenue to resolve conflicting issues in a more timely manner," SEC commissioner Greg Sankey said in a statement. "As I have repeatedly said, this game needed to be played. In the end, I want to give credit to the University of Florida for making concessions to move this year's game to Baton Rouge."

The release also noted that, had the game not been played, neither LSU nor Florida would have been eligible to play for the SEC Championship Game because they would have not fulfilled the requirement of playing eight conference games.

"The SEC Commissioner's Regulations requires each football team play all eight conference games in a season in order to be eligible to compete for a divisional title and play in the SEC Championship Game," said the SEC in the release. "Had the game not been rescheduled, Florida and LSU would have been ineligible to compete for the SEC title this season."

This seems to put to rest any notion that Florida was trying to avoid playing the game, as the Gators will now head on the road for what should have been a home game. LSU keeps a home game, which is important for a state university system that's currently having budget issues.
 While the Gators agreed to the terms, they don't seem too happy with the decision to take away their home game. Athletic director Jeremy Foley had pointed comments for LSU.

“The conference office asked us to find a solution in working with LSU, yet LSU was never a true partner in our discussions."--Jeremy Foley
 5:01 PM - 13 Oct 2016

The game has been rescheduled, but it's clear the drama from this situation is far from gone.

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2016, 02:00:34 EDT »

Spot on....I posted the other day you can bet your butt when Florida finds out they would be ineligible for the SECCG under the 8 game rule they'd play it on Thanksgiving at midnight if they had too. They were informed this was the case and look what's happening...The game will be played.

Statement:

LSU and Florida have come to an agreement on a makeup date for their game that was postponed on Oct. 8 by Hurricane Matthew.
 LSU will now host Florida on Nov. 19, with the two teams buying out their nonconference games with South Alabama and Presbyterian. In return for taking the home game this year, LSU will now play at Florida in 2017 and 2018 before resuming the usual every other year home-and-home rotation for the rivalry game. The schools made the announcement official Thursday afternoon.

"It was important for us to come to a resolution. Each university had its own set of concerns throughout this process, however, existing SEC regulations did not provide an avenue to resolve conflicting issues in a more timely manner," SEC commissioner Greg Sankey said in a statement. "As I have repeatedly said, this game needed to be played. In the end, I want to give credit to the University of Florida for making concessions to move this year's game to Baton Rouge."

The release also noted that, had the game not been played, neither LSU nor Florida would have been eligible to play for the SEC Championship Game because they would have not fulfilled the requirement of playing eight conference games.

"The SEC Commissioner's Regulations requires each football team play all eight conference games in a season in order to be eligible to compete for a divisional title and play in the SEC Championship Game," said the SEC in the release. "Had the game not been rescheduled, Florida and LSU would have been ineligible to compete for the SEC title this season."

This seems to put to rest any notion that Florida was trying to avoid playing the game, as the Gators will now head on the road for what should have been a home game. LSU keeps a home game, which is important for a state university system that's currently having budget issues.
 While the Gators agreed to the terms, they don't seem too happy with the decision to take away their home game. Athletic director Jeremy Foley had pointed comments for LSU.

“The conference office asked us to find a solution in working with LSU, yet LSU was never a true partner in our discussions."--Jeremy Foley
 5:01 PM - 13 Oct 2016

The game has been rescheduled, but it's clear the drama from this situation is far from gone.

As I noted before, Foley got called on his BS and got Butch slapped as a result.  Once the L$U AD knew that Foley was corned by his own actions he had no reason to be accommodating, other than agree not to play a night game.  There is no doubt in anyone other than a croc's mind that Foley was attempting to avoid playing the game, none whatsoever - since Foley was TRULY not a partner in the original "negotiations"

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: