VTTW Board Index
May 09, 2024, 01:10:27 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Watching womens' basketball....  (Read 2185 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: August 07, 2012, 03:10:51 EDT »

...Just noticed that Auriemma has 4 UConn alums in the starting lineup.  If Tamika Catchings weren't the 5th, it would almost be enough to make me root for Canada.

EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 05:38:52 EDT »

...Just noticed that Auriemma has 4 UConn alums in the starting lineup.  If Tamika Catchings weren't the 5th, it would almost be enough to make me root for Canada.

There are a couple of former UConn thugettes players on that team that do NOT deserve to be on that team. 

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 06:58:48 EDT »

There are a couple of former UConn thugettes players on that team that do NOT deserve to be on that team. 

I don't really keep up with what these players do in the WNBA.  But I do remember Swin Cash at UConn, and she's older than carbon.  Is she really still that good?  And Tina Charles?  Really?

For that matter, how could that she-male at Baylor NOT make the team?  Pro, college, or high school, I can't imagine that there's a better center anywhere in the world right now.

EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 10:24:53 EDT »

I don't really keep up with what these players do in the WNBA.  But I do remember Swin Cash at UConn, and she's older than carbon.  Is she really still that good?  And Tina Charles?  Really?

For that matter, how could that she-male at Baylor NOT make the team?  Pro, college, or high school, I can't imagine that there's a better center anywhere in the world right now.
Baylor's lady basketball player with a voice deeper than mine opted out before the tryouts started for some reason.  Scared of gender checks done by IOC?  Swin Cash should not be on the Team.  Tina Charles probably....Asia Jones HELL NO.  My SO watches WNBA and she knows which ones should be on there and which ones should not.  She also told me that Aureimma should be publicly flagellated by the USA Basketball if the US does not win the GOLD Medal.

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 10:36:50 EDT »

Baylor's lady basketball player with a voice deeper than mine opted out before the tryouts started for some reason.  Scared of gender checks done by IOC?  Swin Cash should not be on the Team.  Tina Charles probably....Asia Jones HELL NO.  My SO watches WNBA and she knows which ones should be on there and which ones should not.  She also told me that Aureimma should be publicly flagellated by the USA Basketball if the US does not win the GOLD Medal.

Oh, they'll win the gold.  The US is just that far ahead of the rest of the world.  They probably could've taken 12 WNBA bench warmers and still won this thing.  But I think they could've put together a team that is even better.  I look at the roster and see that literally half of the players come from UConn, including 4 of 5 starters.  Really?  That's the best team we can put on the floor?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: