VTTW Board Index
May 08, 2024, 06:45:59 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Did anyone hear the clips from Sunseri's interview with reporters yesterday?  (Read 2188 times)
Creek Walker
« on: November 08, 2012, 01:46:35 EST »

For those who didn't, he was rambling and off-topic. Seemed totally detached from the situation. When he was asked about his biggest disappointment this season, he rambled some more and ended with his biggest disappointment being a missed field goal, a reference to Pittsburgh's miss against Notre Dame (his son is the Pitt QB). Family should come first and that's great, but in that context, it was just bizarre. As I listened to what he was saying, all I could think was no wonder we just gave up 721 yards to Troy.

He sounded like a guy who knows he is canned and is just going through the motions. And I'm sure he IS canned, especially since Dooley is relegating him to the booth and redesignating some of his duties. If that's the case, why is Dooley parading him in front of the media to pretend that he's still the guy in charge of the defense?

It's too bad Lance Thompson isn't still on staff. Put him in charge at this point and it would probably be a big upgrade.
UTnbama
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 04:24:50 EST »

I'm sure the question was asked in relation to his UT Defense. I don't think he's in a happy place right now after being castrated in public by dooley.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 05:13:57 EST »

he know he won't be here next year, Dooley or not. In fact, it looks like he's already having less responsibility this week as it looks like Conklin will be heavily involved in defensive calls, as will CDD. That's not good for a sitting DC.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 05:17:04 EST »

Lance Thompson should have been offered the DC anyway, IMO.  I heard that he wasn't interested, but also heard that he got passed over.  He had been the LB coach at bammer, and they offered the DC slot to the current LB coach.  So why not go back to bammer. Thompson hardly can be blamed.

Further, Lane made a big deal about getting Lance from Saban's staff, partially due to the fact that Lance is an outstanding recruiter, and Saban seemed upset to lose him. 

Whereas, when Sunseri came to UT, Saban publicly endorsed him.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7458507/alabama-crimson-tide-sal-sunseri-leaving-job-tennessee-volunteers

"Sal is an outstanding coach and really did an excellent job with each and every responsibility he had while he was here at the University of Alabama. Although we hate to see Sal go, we understand this is an opportunity for him to grow in this profession and take on the role of defensive coordinator," Alabama coach Nick Saban said in a statement.

The upshot is that I think Saban put one over on Dooley.  Endorsed Sunseri..."he's ready to be a DC" ..."He really is!"...or whatever, and totally fizzleed us.

But look what we see here...

http://www.mrsec.com/2012/01/checkmate-bamas-saban-takes-thompson-back-from-uts-dooley/

Dooley:  “I told Nick when I called him that it is a hard call because it wasn’t about a Tennessee and Alabama deal… And I was really pleased at how professionally he handled it.  And we have a friendship, too.  So that will never get compromised.  It wasn’t about Tennessee taking anything from Alabama."

Oh my....that is certainly true.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
UTnbama
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 07:32:29 EST »

"It wasn’t about Tennessee taking anything from Alabama".
What in the shizzleaki is Dooley talking about? We take whatever alabama
wants to give us, most notably our annual but whippin!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: