VTTW Board Index
May 08, 2024, 04:42:15 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Breaking Bad may be on hiatus, but my 2nd favorite show starts back tonight  (Read 4549 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 11, 2012, 03:52:50 EDT »

Sons of Anarchy.  If you've never seen it, check it out.  Awesome show, and the best soundtrack ever on TV.

Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 04:11:54 EDT »

I'll check it out. Should I start with Season 1?
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 06:40:44 EDT »

I'll check it out. Should I start with Season 1?

It would help to start at the beginning, but I wouldn't say it's absolutely necessary.  Last season didn't really end on a cliffhanger, so if you just tune in tonight, you'll probably get up to speed pretty quickly.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 01:09:23 EDT »

Here's a good article to help first-time viewers catch up.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/09/11/sons-of-anarchy-season-5/

Ridge Runner
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2012, 01:33:16 EDT »

I really liked the first two seasons of it, but for some reason lost interest. I wasn't really into the whole kidnapped-baby and going to Ireland storyline. Maybe I'll check it out again and see if I get back into it.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2012, 01:36:03 EDT »

I really liked the first two seasons of it, but for some reason lost interest. I wasn't really into the whole kidnapped-baby and going to Ireland storyline. Maybe I'll check it out again and see if I get back into it.

Yes, that season (3, I think) was kind of slow while they were over there, but when they got back for the last few episodes, it got really good.  That season finale was awesome.  And last season was great from start to finish.

Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2012, 02:13:11 EDT »

I guess I can skip season 3.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2012, 03:23:04 EDT »

Another show about some trashy, worthless pieces of shizzle that would be better off dead and probably should be shot.

Just MO.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2012, 03:26:23 EDT »

Another show about some trashy, worthless pieces of shizzle that would be better off dead and probably should be shot.

Just MO.    

So, do you watch the Hallmark Channel exclusively?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 03:28:58 EDT by Black Diamond Vol » Logged

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2012, 03:36:23 EDT »

So what, do you watch the Hallmark Channel exclusively?

No, of course not.  I actually watched the entire series of The Shield and greatly enjoyed it.  I didn't care for Mackey and particularly Shane, but I enjoyed watching them operate and wondering when the other shoe was going to drop.

As for Breaking Bad, I read up on it a bit and understand that the main character is not supposed to be sympathetic, but be an example of someone getting deeper and deeper into being a horrible person.  And I suppose if I watched it from the start I might actually like it.

Sons of Anarchy, on the other hand, is a motorcycle gang.  I know some guys that are in motor cycles gangs and they are actually pretty cool people.  They play a lot of Texas Holdem and so do I and a couple of them are pretty good friends.  There is also a biker bar about a quarter mile from my house I go to occasionally.

However, Sons of Anarchy is about a gang that is more on the lines of Hell's Angels.  I LITERALLY wouldn't piss on one of them if they were on fire.  They are scum, pure and simple.  Murdering, thieving, dope-dealing scum.  So I don't think I would enjoy Sons of Anarchy.  I have seen a couple ten minute slices of it, and it pretty much looked like they are the Hell's Angels with the names changed.

I am certainly not judging your choice of entertainment. Just expressing my dislike of the characters that Sons of Anarchy has in it.  Rather strongly, but it's intended to be somewhat humorous. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2012, 03:51:27 EDT »

No, of course not.  I actually watched the entire series of The Shield and greatly enjoyed it.  I didn't care for Mackey and particularly Shane, but I enjoyed watching them operate and wondering when the other shoe was going to drop.

As for Breaking Bad, I read up on it a bit and understand that the main character is not supposed to be sympathetic, but be an example of someone getting deeper and deeper into being a horrible person.  And I suppose if I watched it from the start I might actually like it.

Sons of Anarchy, on the other hand, is a motorcycle gang.  I know some guys that are in motor cycles gangs and they are actually pretty cool people.  They play a lot of Texas Holdem and so do I and a couple of them are pretty good friends.  There is also a biker bar about a quarter mile from my house I go to occasionally.

However, Sons of Anarchy is about a gang that is more on the lines of Hell's Angels.  I LITERALLY wouldn't piss on one of them if they were on fire.  They are scum, pure and simple.  Murdering, thieving, dope-dealing scum.  So I don't think I would enjoy Sons of Anarchy.  I have seen a couple ten minute slices of it, and it pretty much looked like they are the Hell's Angels with the names changed.

I am certainly not judging your choice of entertainment. Just expressing my dislike of the characters that Sons of Anarchy has in it.  Rather strongly, but it's intended to be somewhat humorous. 

Actually, on the show they go into the history of the gang.  It was started as a simple MC club by a group of Vietnam vets who had just come home from the war.  But over the years they evolved into more of a crime syndicate.  The main character is the son of one of the late founders of the club, and pretty much the whole series has centered on him trying to return the club to what his father had originally envisioned.  But of course it's easier said than done to just go straight after years of operating outside the law. 

Give it a chance (for more than 10 minutes), and you might like it.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: