VTTW Board Index
May 02, 2024, 10:19:59 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mash Unit going into Bama game  (Read 8291 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 23, 2015, 02:26:50 EDT »

so much so that there's talk Cody Blanc may play 

It's hard enough to be competitive vs Bama with a healthy team, but this team is banged up. Meanwhile Bama features an almost fully healthy team. 

Oh well, Go Vols

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 02:33:55 EDT »

Wat? I thought we'd be getting healthier with the bye and all . . . who got hurt?

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2015, 02:36:28 EDT »

They got banged up also.  Don't know if their center is back or not

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
RockyMtnVol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2015, 03:02:56 EDT »

Maybe we could loan them Mack Crowder?
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2015, 04:24:31 EDT »

Wat? I thought we'd be getting healthier with the bye and all . . . who got hurt?

IT looks like one of the two kids (Hall) will play the OL.  Also, it looks like Crowder over Jones for the RG position (Crowder at LG, Wiesman at RG).  At WR it seems Williams is banged up, who knows with North.  For all the whining about WR rotation we have only been playing five (5) the last 2-3 games (Malone, Williams, Smith, Jennings and Pearson).  Our 6th WR has been Kamara.  We are supposed to get back Johnson and possibly North back this week.  Johnson won't stretch defenses but he runs good routes and catches the ball, something we need against bamer.

On defense there is still some question about the health of Phillips and Burnett, though with him it seems the news is better.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2015, 04:39:54 EDT »

it looks like Crowder over Jones for the RG position (Crowder at LG, Wiesman at RG). 

Over/under on how many snaps it takes before Crowder gets planted on his ass in the backfield? I'll go with 5.

I've completely lost patience with Butch's decisions as to who plays on the OL. 100%. It is inexcusable that Crowder sees the field unless we are just totally out of able bodies.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2015, 05:20:03 EDT »

Over/under on how many snaps it takes before Crowder gets planted on his ass in the backfield? I'll go with 5.

I've completely lost patience with Butch's decisions as to who plays on the OL. 100%. It is inexcusable that Crowder sees the field unless we are just totally out of able bodies.

I do not disagree at all

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2015, 06:00:12 EDT »

^truer words never posted.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2015, 06:15:20 EDT »

Crowder? Looks like Jones, Hall, Wiesman, Thomas, and Kerbyson

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2015, 06:25:00 EDT »

Those are our best 5 w/o Robertson so hopefully that's what we see.

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2015, 06:37:01 EDT »

I don't think Kerbyson or Thomas will go

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2015, 06:48:07 EDT »

Was there a bus crash I'm not aware of? How are all of these guys too hurt to play after a bye week?

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2015, 06:51:03 EDT »

Was there a bus crash I'm not aware of? How are all of these guys too hurt to play after a bye week?

Kerbyson's elbow kept him out of the UGA game and is still not well - can he get the power in it to be effective?  I doubt it.
Thomas has been battling injuries to the knee and ankle all year.  I think he has a better shot to start of the two.

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

SmokeyJoe
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2015, 08:31:44 EDT »

Kerbyson's elbow kept him out of the UGA game and is still not well - can he get the power in it to be effective?  I doubt it.
Thomas has been battling injuries to the knee and ankle all year.  I think he has a better shot to start of the two.
Per the "War Room" posted on another board Kerbyson nor Thomas are listed as injured. Rather Kendrick & Robertson, or at least that is what I think I saw.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2015, 08:31:45 EDT »

Who was playing left tackle at the end of the UGA game?

SmokeyJoe
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2015, 08:33:18 EDT »

Who was playing left tackle at the end of the UGA game?
I "think" Pirate meant Kendrick for Kerbyson, and Robertson for Thomas. At least I hope so

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2015, 09:32:46 EDT »

???  They're not injured

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2015, 09:34:02 EDT »

Kerbyson played the UGA game.  Thomas also. You may be thinking Kendrick and Robertson.

Creek Walker
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2015, 10:23:31 EDT »

If Mack Crowder starts on the OL tomorrow, it better be because he's the last able body available. The only other explanation would be that the rumors of a preseason incident are valid and Crowder has something to hold over his head. 
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2015, 11:03:42 EDT »

If Mack Crowder starts on the OL tomorrow, it better be because he's the last able body available. The only other explanation would be that the rumors of a preseason incident are valid and Crowder has something to hold over his head. 
What I've seen is he will sub in before Mosely, which seems dumb, too. Best I can figure is Crowder is better at making calls on the line, but that doesn't help if he is flat on his ass I would prefer we not try to redshirt any lineman & recruit like them like crazy, but I don't make millions to make these decisions.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2015, 04:42:01 EDT »

Maybe we could loan them Mack Crowder?

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2015, 04:46:41 EDT »

Believe it or not, I wondered the same thing myself, and only half jokingly.

Maybe Crowder starts but sits right away.

We can hope anyway

I will say this.  Jones depth charts don't mean a whole lot, from what I have seen.  I think Jones is like Shanahan in the NFL, who plays games with injury reports and lineups. 

murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2015, 03:01:27 EDT »

Wow. I was expecting us to be fairly healthy. Oh well, we'll see how it goes. If we can pass, AND Kiffin gets pass happy, we've got a shot.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: