VTTW Board Index
May 02, 2024, 07:33:55 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Last week against aTM bama gave up  (Read 1961 times)
SmokeyJoe
« on: October 23, 2015, 11:20:18 EDT »

some long passes. I'm not always the most astute observer of the game, but on more than one occasion aTm rolled the qb out. I know we have this in the offense, but it seems we don't roll Dobbs out much, or maybe we do. I'm sure an armchair, layperson will chime in. At any rate, we don't want Dobbs throwing all over the yard, but he is best when improvising. Surely we won't put him in the sitting duck,  straight drop situation every passing down. I'd also like to see him under center some. Just for the hell of it! Go Vols!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2015, 01:48:57 EDT »

Bama's front 7 will want to tee off on Dobbs..Let their aggressive play work against them.. I'd like to see Dobbs in shotgun and lure them into a blitz and bust them with a screen to Kamara..He's faster than Hurd and could bust loose for a big play..UT can't just run and hope to get a win..Receivers have to step up and help Dobbs move the chains,take what the defense gives..I think UT is playing Bama at the perfect time and like their chances of winning tomorrow..Nobody is giving them a snowballs chance in hell..Just got to protect the ball and take advantage of every opportunity..Go Vols!! 
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2015, 03:12:31 EDT »

Bama's front 7 will want to tee off on Dobbs..Let their aggressive play work against them.. I'd like to see Dobbs in shotgun and lure them into a blitz and bust them with a screen to Kamara..He's faster than Hurd and could bust loose for a big play..UT can't just run and hope to get a win..Receivers have to step up and help Dobbs move the chains,take what the defense gives..I think UT is playing Bama at the perfect time and like their chances of winning tomorrow..Nobody is giving them a snowballs chance in hell..Just got to protect the ball and take advantage of every opportunity..Go Vols!! 

I'd screen those ba$tards until their jockstraps busted.
crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2015, 03:22:39 EDT »

I'd screen those ba$tards until their jockstraps busted.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2015, 04:39:13 EDT »

The good thing is, against Georgia I felt like Malone emerged. Pig Howard was finally off the roster, and North was mostly benched, which he should be if injured.

Malone did step up.  I am hoping he is or has become or is about to become our "go to" WR.

Smith had a pretty good game against uga and Williams and Jennings showed some promise, in (IMO) that order.

Hopefully our WR situation has finally turned the corner and can help, rather than hinder, Dobbs.  Even a mediocre passer can look good with good WR play.

We will see I guess.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: