VTTW Board Index
May 02, 2024, 11:53:57 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oh my goodness. Please let it be true...........  (Read 6436 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: April 25, 2019, 08:10:22 EDT »

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/fbi-has-video-wiretap-of-clemson-basketball-assistant-suggesting-schools-football-program-can-keep-violations-quiet/?fbclid=IwAR22R8Hi2Wv4Q2OV0LsGVgsK8CLLiL9I1mk3yRoraJTj8bMgBGo5a7V-Vug
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2019, 09:04:42 EDT »

I have little doubt it's true. They are led by a O Gee Wally snake oil salesman. It won't happen but I'd love to see them bring down a whole bunch of programs but as usual the NCAA will turn a blind eye to all of this. When it's all said and done they will add 10 more years to Donnie Tyndall's show cause and put Southwestern Montana State's football program on probation and they don't even have a football program.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 09:23:42 EDT by Tnphil » Logged
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2019, 09:15:11 EDT »

You ever notice how things like this seem to happen to programs that threaten Saban's dynasty?

Watch your back, Kirby.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2019, 09:35:08 EDT »

You ever notice how things like this seem to happen to programs that threaten Saban's dynasty?

Watch your back, Kirby.

Hm.  As you know, I am the first to throw stones at bammer.  In this case, the FBI presented a taped conversation in court.  Even though I suspect NCAA president Mark Emerich has Saban's back, going back to their time together at LSU, I doubt he influences or controls what taped testimony the FBI releases.

If anything, I am wondering when the taped bammer conversation comes out.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
droner
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2019, 09:36:37 EDT »

The tiglets respond: https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/clemson-releases-statement-following-allegations-made-against-the-school-in-fbi-federal-court-case/?fbclid=IwAR1VGntkPL2JSLxRWvJgvCIf5QUYLjFvq9OnVHx7axP35R3PrTzbF6IG9Bo

Nothing may come from this. But at the very least it's some bad mojo for them after the rainbow ride they have been on.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2019, 09:47:51 EDT »

Contrary to popular belief I hope they all burn.

volsboyinsodak
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2019, 09:52:22 EDT »

What kills me is the rich get richer, yet they still feel the need to cheat to get that one extra elite player. Maybe it's just my cynical self, but I feel that most programs do it to different degrees. Heck, even Northwestern was named in the other scandal.

volsboyinsodak
Creek Walker
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2019, 05:09:40 EDT »

I have little doubt it's true. They are led by a O Gee Wally snake oil salesman.

I don't see Swinney as a snake oil salesman at all. To me he comes across as genuine, the real deal...probably one of the best guys in coaching. Obviously if it turns out that he's cheating, my opinion of him will quickly plummet. But, for now, Clemson is probably the only care I really have a rooting interest in besides Tennessee, mostly because of the way he conducts himself and his program. (Although it irritates me to no end that he's able to march into Tennessee and steal just about any recruit he wants.)
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2019, 02:42:14 EDT »

I don't see Swinney as a snake oil salesman at all. To me he comes across as genuine, the real deal...probably one of the best guys in coaching. Obviously if it turns out that he's cheating, my opinion of him will quickly plummet. But, for now, Clemson is probably the only care I really have a rooting interest in besides Tennessee, mostly because of the way he conducts himself and his program. (Although it irritates me to no end that he's able to march into Tennessee and steal just about any recruit he wants.)

Agree, I like Dabo a lot.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2019, 11:05:53 EDT »

I just have a hard time believing he is purer than the driven snow. I would venture to say not many people are and even fewer programs are. Especially the elite ones. He has to keep up with the Jonses. Speaking of that, he just signed a new 10 year 93 million dollar contract with Clemson making him the highest paid coach.  It even has a buy out of 4 million dollars that increases to 6 million if he goes to coach at Bama. 

volsboyinsodak
droner
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2019, 02:41:07 EDT »

I just have a hard time believing he is purer than the driven snow. I would venture to say not many people are and even fewer programs are. Especially the elite ones. He has to keep up with the Jonses. Speaking of that, he just signed a new 10 year 93 million dollar contract with Clemson making him the highest paid coach.  It even has a buy out of 4 million dollars that increases to 6 million if he goes to coach at Bama. 

I suppose this deal was already in the works but it seems like an odd time and a lot of money when a member of your own athletic department just said that your football team is cheating.
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2019, 03:32:10 EDT »

Worst case scenario Clemson is guilty. Do they care? They got two NCs. Besides, they still had to develop guys and coach the games.

FWIW, I think all schools have equally zealous boosters. Also, some things are legal, like giving Tua's dad a job.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2019, 03:50:57 EDT »

Worst case scenario Clemson is guilty. Do they care? They got two NCs. Besides, they still had to develop guys and coach the games.

FWIW, I think all schools have equally zealous boosters. Also, some things are legal, like giving Tua's dad a job.

Bammer has led the way in things that skirt legality.  But some things they should have been busted for IMO.

For instance, it was documented on the interwebz that Trent Richardson's baby mama got a cushy job house sitting in Birmingham.   And that he had a number of expensive suits. And that he was driving an SUV worth 30K.  And do you know what happened?  Nothing. 

But who knows, maybe this FBI thing will finally lead to some justice.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2019, 03:52:10 EDT »

Why does the part about the buyout being higher to go to bammer make you angry?   I think it's awesome.  I would hate to see him go to bammer on the day that Nick Saban finally strokes out while berating the media.

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2019, 04:27:55 EDT »

It doesn't make me angry at all. I guess I used the wrong emoji actually. But it was meant to be flipping off both schools. I don't care if they make the buyout 20 mil. I just thought it was sad to be given a contract like this after it came out that there were some alleged shenanigans reported at both schools. If I was a betting man, I bet nothing comes of any of it.

volsboyinsodak
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: