VTTW Board Index
May 02, 2024, 07:52:23 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Battle of Winterfell commences in one hour. Who all is dying tonight?  (Read 2067 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: April 29, 2019, 01:57:21 EDT »

I've got Brienne, Pod, Gendry, Theon, Tormund, Edd, Beric, Jorah, Sam, Varys, Davos, Gilly, Grey Worm, Missandei, Arya, Bran, and Ghost.

Bloodbath.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 02:21:45 EDT by Black Diamond Vol » Logged

droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2019, 02:38:49 EDT »

Good grief. That won't leave a lot of folks for the last three episodes.

I'm predicting that Daenerys turns into the Mad Queen because John Snow is now the next in line for the throne instead of her.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2019, 02:50:32 EDT »

Good grief. That won't leave a lot of folks for the last three episodes.

I'm predicting that Daenerys turns into the Mad Queen because John Snow is now the next in line for the throne instead of her.

Agree about Dany. They've been hinting at it pretty hard. I think someone (probably Jon) will have to put her down.

I think they will defeat/kill the Night King this week or next, because they obviously have a LOT of drama to sort out after that's done.

My new theory that I just formulated while watching the rerun of last week's episode: Bran will indeed the lure the Night King out into the open, and die while doing so. But unbeknownst to everyone, he has already transferred his powers over to Tyrion during their off-camera conversation last week. Tyrion is now the three eyed raven, but since he's still un-marked, the Night King can't track him everywhere like he can with Bran.

We'll find out in a few minutes.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2019, 04:54:22 EDT »

Positively epic.  Every bit as epic as the hype led it to be.

Lyanna Mormont = 
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2019, 07:34:00 EDT »

I was a little disappointed with the ending. If Jon doesn't get to deliver the killing blow, then so be it. But after all these years of buildup between him and the Night King, I think we at least deserved to see those two go sword to sword. Imagine if Luke and Vader had never faced off in Star Wars.

Also, I see a lot of people complaining that it was too dark and they couldn't tell what was going on. I can confirm, the struggle is real. Maybe I need to upgrade to OLED.

droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2019, 08:08:46 EDT »

I was a little disappointed with the ending. If Jon doesn't get to deliver the killing blow, then so be it. But after all these years of buildup between him and the Night King, I think we at least deserved to see those two go sword to sword. Imagine if Luke and Vader had never faced off in Star Wars.

Also, I see a lot of people complaining that it was too dark and they couldn't tell what was going on. I can confirm, the struggle is real. Maybe I need to upgrade to OLED.

Arya killing the Night King was a full circle sort of thing. Not for her, but for the dagger.

This dagger has been on Game of Thrones since Season 1. It was first used by an assassin sent to kill Bran after he survived being pushed out of the window by Jaime Lannister. Also, Arya uses it to kill Littlefinger. And, it's the dagger Bran gave to Arya.

Also, there's a theory going around concerning the song that Pod was singing the previous episode. It talks of a woman who as a ghost roams from winter to summer to winter. Also, when Daenerys was held in prison with her dragons, the guy holding her (I don't remember his name) said that she would be with them winter to summer to winter. The theory is that we haven't seen the last white walker. She might become one, supposedly somehow doing so to conquer Cersi.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2019, 08:53:23 EDT »

I get it, but for me personally it was fulfilling because of what Arya has gone through since season 1.  In between Sundays right now, I'm rewatching the old seasons and I'm on season 5 now.  Throughout most of it, the journeys of many of the main characters felt hopeless and pointless... arguably none more so than Arya who's been on her own since Season 1 and running for her life.  Last night felt like "this is what she went all that through, for this moment".  I felt the same way about Theon last night, too.

Granted, Jon's gone through some crap too but something about it being Arya to save the day felt right to me.  Now, I will definitely agree that I at least expected to see Jon mix it up with the Night King.. I thought that was what was going to happen when Dany's fire didn't phase him and Jon chased after him.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2019, 08:54:20 EDT »

Arya killing the Night King was a full circle sort of thing. Not for her, but for the dagger.

This dagger has been on Game of Thrones since Season 1. It was first used by an assassin sent to kill Bran after he survived being pushed out of the window by Jaime Lannister. Also, Arya uses it to kill Littlefinger. And, it's the dagger Bran gave to Arya.

Also, there's a theory going around concerning the song that Pod was singing the previous episode. It talks of a woman who as a ghost roams from winter to summer to winter. Also, when Daenerys was held in prison with her dragons, the guy holding her (I don't remember his name) said that she would be with them winter to summer to winter. The theory is that we haven't seen the last white walker. She might become one, supposedly somehow doing so to conquer Cersi.

Yeah, whatever happens it doesn't feel like Dany ends up on the Iron Throne at this point.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2019, 04:41:58 EDT »

I'm watching again on HBO Go, and it looks much better. Not perfect, but better. The difference between streaming and a compressed cable signal, I guess.

I still need an OLED, though.

Volengineer
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2019, 01:14:04 EDT »

I have religiously watched GOT and I hate to say it but I despised this episode - especially after all the anticipation. 

The battle "plan" was horrendous - why charge the wights?  Sit tight and let them come to you, then as they charge, hurl some fire at them from the catapults and mow the lawn with the two dragons - one in front, one in back and pincer the wights in between.  The wights don't charge?  Great! Let's wait til sunrise and one of their advantages evaporates - and we could actually see what happens.  Better than wasting the Dothraki cavalry and the Unsullied.

None of the main characters die?  Despite every other shot showing them overwhelmed?  No way Sam survives at the very least.

Other than needing to get Dany on the ground so that Jorah can fight off the wights and have a well-deserved send off, why land Drogon so the wights can have dragon burger for dinner?

The White Walker entourage can't stop Arya from running past them to give a single stab kill shot to the man that has been built up over seven seasons as the ultimate bada$$.  It would have so much better for at least a little intrigue at the end - say that Arya uses her training, faces up as Bran, and stabs the NK from the wheel chair as he approached.

Now if Bran is actually evil and he manipulated the events so that Arya could kill the NK and he takes over, well...

Thanks for letting me vent.   
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: