VTTW Board Index
May 16, 2024, 06:25:42 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: allVOL in da-house!  (Read 3953 times)
allVOL
Walk-On

View Profile
« on: September 05, 2012, 04:21:16 EDT »

Hey guys/gals, how have yaw been? I see some of the old names are still around, and that's good to see. I don't have the time to post like I did back in the old days but I do check in from time to time. And I don't get to follow the VOLS like I once did but that may change in a few years. 

Right now, I'm still in Arizona and I'm sure I'll be here out here in some capacity for a long time. Although I plan on retiring in a few years, hopefully at 55, and then plan on finding a 2nd home somewhere in my beloved Tennessee... Hopefully near or in Decatur and hopefully on the Tennessee river. Of course al lot depends on what happens with the economy and probably our up coming election. <(But I'll save that for the political section)

I'm still married to the same gal some of you guys met back in 99 whem yaw came out here, but we have moved a couple of times since then. I still work in the Aerospace business. (going on 27 years now) and I started a racing engine business a few years. I still dabble in that, but not near as much as years past. When everybody's disposable income dried up that pretty much shut off the "play money" people were throwing around... But it was good while it lasted.

My wife and I never had any kids and we're cool with it. We're both very busy people and we recognized that fact and decided if we didn't have the time to invest in them, then we should not have them. I wish other folks would exercise the same caution and restraint, and be self aware enough if in a similar situation and maybe there would be less child neglect in the world... Ahhh, but that's just my opinion and maybe another thread in the PolitiVol section. 

Diane and I do still have our dogs. Jeff and a few others might remember Murphy and Monster, out two labs. Murphy passed away four maybe five years ago but Monster, God bless him, lived to the ripe old age of 14 and passed about a year ago. We had another Lab, Magic during that time and he passed a few months ago. Now we have a German Sheppard, Justice and another Lab puppy, Stormy and they are doing just fine.

Some of you guys will remember my Jeepin' escapades and I was pretty heavy into that for quite a few years. Then I got into Sand Rails and going to the dunes (Glamis)< Goggle it if you have a mind to, and now I'm into drag racing. I'm sure I'll do this for a few years then go onto something else. But that's OK, too. I'd rather be tellin' you young punks what I did back when I was young, rather than pissing and moaning about waiting too long and being too old or too dead to do anything... Well, that's how I see it anyway. As long as I have a few relatives to bury me and leave all my crap to I'll call it good.

Anyway, that about sums it up for me and what I've been doing. What about you guys? Do you still have the tailgate parties before some of the games? Anybody have any kids or more kids? Give me the scooby if ya got some news, or just post a howdy and let me know your doing OK. 

Go VOLS!
Clay       
EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 04:23:52 EDT »

Hey guys/gals, how have yaw been? I see some of the old names are still around, and that's good to see. I don't have the time to post like I did back in the old days but I do check in from time to time. And I don't get to follow the VOLS like I once did but that may change in a few years. 

Right now, I'm still in Arizona and I'm sure I'll be here out here in some capacity for a long time. Although I plan on retiring in a few years, hopefully at 55, and then plan on finding a 2nd home somewhere in my beloved Tennessee... Hopefully near or in Decatur and hopefully on the Tennessee river. Of course al lot depends on what happens with the economy and probably our up coming election. <(But I'll save that for the political section)

I'm still married to the same gal some of you guys met back in 99 whem yaw came out here, but we have moved a couple of times since then. I still work in the Aerospace business. (going on 27 years now) and I started a racing engine business a few years. I still dabble in that, but not near as much as years past. When everybody's disposable income dried up that pretty much shut off the "play money" people were throwing around... But it was good while it lasted.

My wife and I never had any kids and we're cool with it. We're both very busy people and we recognized that fact and decided if we didn't have the time to invest in them, then we should not have them. I wish other folks would exercise the same caution and restraint, and be self aware enough if in a similar situation and maybe there would be less child neglect in the world... Ahhh, but that's just my opinion and maybe another thread in the PolitiVol section. 

Diane and I do still have our dogs. Jeff and a few others might remember Murphy and Monster, out two labs. Murphy passed away four maybe five years ago but Monster, God bless him, lived to the ripe old age of 14 and passed about a year ago. We had another Lab, Magic during that time and he passed a few months ago. Now we have a German Sheppard, Justice and another Lab puppy, Stormy and they are doing just fine.

Some of you guys will remember my Jeepin' escapades and I was pretty heavy into that for quite a few years. Then I got into Sand Rails and going to the dunes (Glamis)< Goggle it if you have a mind to, and now I'm into drag racing. I'm sure I'll do this for a few years then go onto something else. But that's OK, too. I'd rather be tellin' you young punks what I did back when I was young, rather than pissing and moaning about waiting too long and being too old or too dead to do anything... Well, that's how I see it anyway. As long as I have a few relatives to bury me and leave all my crap to I'll call it good.

Anyway, that about sums it up for me and what I've been doing. What about you guys? Do you still have the tailgate parties before some of the games? Anybody have any kids or more kids? Give me the scooby if ya got some news, or just post a howdy and let me know your doing OK. 

Go VOLS!
Clay       

Blast from the past.....welcome back old guy and from One Old Fart to another....(and ye aint yet 55 so your still a young old fart) we love all the former posters and welcome you back with open arms.....

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

allVOL
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 04:28:58 EDT »

Thanks!!! It's good to see you guys are still around. I have less than a year till I hit the big 50 and I'm sure it's gonna be tough.
EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 04:29:54 EDT »

Thanks!!! It's good to see you guys are still around. I have less than a year till I hit the big 50 and I'm sure it's gonna be tough.

Ya young pup.....LOL

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 04:29:59 EDT »

Holy moly. You crossed my mind the other day. I was thinking about the "old" regulars that used to be here. Good to hear from you. Pop in whenever you can.
allVOL
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2012, 04:37:08 EDT »

Thanks! I'd like to come back for a game this year and if I do I'll give you guys a heads up and maybe meet up with some of you. It's been about 12 years of my math is right... Too long!!!
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2012, 04:47:12 EDT »

Dang allVOL its good to hear from you.  Shoot me an email at coupedevol at yahoo dot com.  My brother and sister and I still have a place on Watts Bar and I get down there a few times a year.  I've been stuck here in MD for the last ten years running.  Let me know the next time your headin to Meigs Co.  I plan on being there for the Mizzou game.  Whatever happened to that mansion you were building up in the hills?

allVOL
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2012, 05:14:23 EDT »

There he is!!! Good to hear from you too. I'll shoot you an email and we can share some pics. And yes, I did finish the big house in the hills and it was a wild adventure... I'll tell ya all about it, soon.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2012, 12:08:28 EDT »

Go VOLS!
Clay       
Welcome back!
When last we had comms you were just starting the house in the hills.
After woring >35 years on the government side of the aerospace biz I joined the "for proffit" side about a year and a half ago.  An eye opening exerience for sure!  The good news is we just got a 5 year contract that will (hopefully) take me to retirement.

Our pup is now 14.5 years and still (slowly) kicking

Now that you found us again don't be a stranger!

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: