VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 10:29:39 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone picking up NCAA 13?  (Read 4035 times)
BigOrange Maniac
« on: July 09, 2012, 08:38:33 EDT »

It's unfortunate that one of console gaming's best sports franchises has become one of its stalest. Granted, there's only so much you can do with a football game, but there's a number of areas for improvement (one of many examples - why hasn't the Power T been added for UT's stadium entrance?) that EA seems reluctant to touch, for whatever reason.

And, yet, I keep throwing down $60 to purchase an only slightly-upgraded version of the same thing. From what I've read, this yea's edition has even fewer upgrades and new features than normal, so this may be the year I finally opt out...especially with the latest AC, GTA and COD releases not too far away. (Granted, it'll be a while on those, but it pains me to spend so much money on video games.)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 09:07:51 EDT »

It's unfortunate that one of console gaming's best sports franchises has become one of its stalest. Granted, there's only so much you can do with a football game, but there's a number of areas for improvement (one of many examples - why hasn't the Power T been added for UT's stadium entrance?) that EA seems reluctant to touch, for whatever reason.

And, yet, I keep throwing down $60 to purchase an only slightly-upgraded version of the same thing. From what I've read, this yea's edition has even fewer upgrades and new features than normal, so this may be the year I finally opt out...especially with the latest AC, GTA and COD releases not too far away. (Granted, it'll be a while on those, but it pains me to spend so much money on video games.)

I'm not getting it for the second straight year, after getting it for umpteen years in a row.  It's just no fun playing as the Vols when the Vols suck.  And like you said, they seem to have included a lot of schools' traditions while neglecting ours.  So screw 'em.  And anyway, I have enough unfinished games to keep me busy until next season.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 10:01:18 EDT »

The last one I bought was NCAA 09, and I'd say the only reason I bought it then was because I had just gotten my ps3. 

Like BDV said, it's just not as fun when the Vols suck.
Oldvol75
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 11:00:06 EDT »

My two knot heads went out and waited in line at midnight and have played it all day long.

God “The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the external rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained.” from George Washington’s first Inaugural address.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 11:06:53 EDT »

My two knot heads went out and waited in line at midnight and have played it all day long.

Ah, those were the days.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2012, 11:57:27 EDT »

Nope. I really don't do sports games much anymore.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2012, 12:12:07 EDT »

Nope. I really don't do sports games much anymore.

I find myself playing mostly individual sports games, because they don't have to be replaced yearly.  The only two sports games on my shelf right now are Fight Night Champion and Tiger Woods 12.  And I'm keeping an eye out for a used copy of Grand Slam Tennis 2.  

You'd think that with DLC now commonplace, they could sell yearly roster updates for existing team sports games.  But obviously they aren't going to give up that annual $60 apiece from their core demographic.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 12:14:18 EDT by Black Diamond Vol » Logged

BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2012, 02:43:08 EDT »

I still play sports games almost exclusively. Pretty much the only exceptions for me are GTA, RDR and — when I'm getting together with friends to play — COD.

I should've taken my own advice and stayed away from buying NCAA '13. Every year I say I'm not going to, and ever year I crave. I thought the game was stale last year . . . and the year before that and the year before that and, well, you get the point. But this year really sucks. There are almost no changes at all to the gameplay or graphics. It's like playing NCAA '12 all over again. There are some upgrades to Herbie's inane rambling and some changes to recruiting in dynasty (which actually make the already tedious process of recruiting even more of a bore). Bringing ESPN's "priority score" updates to the ticker during dynasty games brings a nice touch of realism to the game. There's also "in-studio updates" from Reece Davis during dynasty games, which becomes really irritating really quickly.

The biggest waste of $60 since I bought Skyrim and abandoned it after one sitting.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2012, 04:27:14 EDT »

I find myself playing mostly individual sports games, because they don't have to be replaced yearly.  The only two sports games on my shelf right now are Fight Night Champion and Tiger Woods 12.  And I'm keeping an eye out for a used copy of Grand Slam Tennis 2.  

You'd think that with DLC now commonplace, they could sell yearly roster updates for existing team sports games.  But obviously they aren't going to give up that annual $60 apiece from their core demographic.

I love tennis video games, too!  Starting to think I was the only one.   
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: