VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 08:00:48 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BTW, "Better than the Dream Team" only beat Argentina by 6 last night.*  (Read 3201 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: July 23, 2012, 02:55:33 EDT »

101stDad
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 09:02:23 EDT »

Still awaiting Kobe Bryant's reaction. 
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 04:32:35 EDT »

I'm telling you, Spain will test them.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 10:42:12 EDT »

I'm telling you, Spain will test them.

It's very early, but so far Spain has given them an atomic wedgie and stolen their lunch money.  12-6 in the first quarter, and our guys seem to be intimidated in the paint.  They're almost exclusively settling for jumpers.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 10:43:44 EDT by Black Diamond Vol » Logged

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 10:47:01 EDT »

I didn't realize that the international game had gone to a standard NBA-sized lane, as opposed to that smaller trapezoid-shaped thing they used to have.  That should help smaller teams like us.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2012, 11:27:46 EDT »

US up by 8.

Marc Gasol not playing today for Spain.

I almost wish that Spain would win today since it doesn't really count.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Ridge Runner
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2012, 11:27:55 EDT »

It's very early, but so far Spain has given them an atomic wedgie and stolen their lunch money.  12-6 in the first quarter, and our guys seem to be intimidated in the paint.  They're almost exclusively settling for jumpers.

Team USA has rebounded to be up 8 at the half. It always amuses me to see the NBA players get called for walking and they react like "WTF? Don't you know who I am?" International refs don't give the stars the calls like they do in the NBA.

Carmelo Anthony, who I've never really liked because I've always viewed him as a one-dimensional scorer, and he's never won anything in the pros, scored 23 in the first half. If not for him, the US would be getting their butts kicked.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2012, 07:20:34 EDT »

It always amuses me to see the NBA players get called for walking and they react like "WTF? Don't you know who I am?" International refs don't give the stars the calls like they do in the NBA.

Well, now I HAVE to watch Olympic bball 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2012, 03:14:08 EDT »

I'm impressed that they put Spain away as easily as they did. Maybe Argentina woke them up.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: