VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 02:34:22 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wouldn't it be sweet irony if the PSU recruiting  (Read 3912 times)
10EC
« on: July 24, 2012, 03:42:29 EDT »

Will somehow be done illegally by Kiff/Ogre and lands USCw the death penalty...
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 04:01:34 EDT »

Knowing those two it is certainly possible.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 04:34:36 EDT »

I'm not sure I understand your stance on this one. Recruiting those players is legal, accepted, and within the rules... Kiffin is doing nothing wrong in this case by recruiting those players.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 04:47:13 EDT »

I'm not sure I understand your stance on this one. Recruiting those players is legal, accepted, and within the rules... Kiffin is doing nothing wrong in this case by recruiting those players.

Ah, but it's how he recruits those players.  Have there been any Song Girl sightings in Happy Valley?

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 04:57:52 EDT »

Ah, but it's how he recruits those players.  Have there been any Song Girl sightings in Happy Valley?

Well that's always in question with Kiffin... he's managed to keep his nose clean since getting there though, which is remarkable.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2012, 06:30:31 EDT »

Well that's always in question with Kiffin... he's managed to keep his nose clean since getting there though, which is remarkable.

Could be a twofold answer. Likely not the spotlight there as it is here since it is a pro sports town and he cares mores about that place than he did UT.
Ridge Runner
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2012, 06:37:44 EDT »

Could be a twofold answer. Likely not the spotlight there as it is here since it is a pro sports town and he cares mores about that place than he did UT.

I think it's more likely that he feels he doesn't have to bend the rules so much at USC, since he's in the middle of a giant recruiting base, plus the fact that USC has had much more success in the past decade than we have.
volmeister
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2012, 07:18:27 EDT »

Should a school like USC that is on probation even be allowed to recruit PSU players?   Just doesn't seem right to me.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2012, 07:38:04 EDT »

Should a school like USC that is on probation even be allowed to recruit PSU players?   Just doesn't seem right to me.

Good point.  If it's any consolation, USC is still on reduced schollies so he may not have room for them.  And if the NCAA does waive the limit rule for PSU players, then certainly they should stipulate that the waiver does not apply to teams on probation.

If USC does have room under their (restricted by probation) cap then recruiting the PSU players should not be different than any other recruit.

But if they need the waiver, they should not be able to get it.  That would be VERY unfair.  In fact, if there is a waiver and USC has to use it, other schools should protest.  (Cough cough....Hart...cough cough).

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: