VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 09:01:54 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Insurance Question (non-political)  (Read 2768 times)
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: February 12, 2014, 05:40:33 EST »

There's an intriguing opening at a four-year old company, BUT they offer no insurance. I've always had a decent plan through work, so how much should I budget for solid coverage? I need insurance to cover catastrophic stuff, so an annual cap on expenses is key, but otherwise I don't care about bells and whistles.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 02:37:36 EST by murfvol » Logged

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 07:24:21 EST »

There is no non political answer.  Your option is to get coverage through an Obamacare exchange.

What it will cost is varies based on age, who will be covered, and where you are. 

All I can say is good luck. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 08:03:33 EST »

Sounds like the bronze level of coverage is what you will be interested in as it is closest to an old "catastrophic" plan. Don't believe you'll have any problem whatsoever. The "catastrophic" plans are the ones that insurance companies dumped because of ACA requirements.
healthcare.gov
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 08:11:33 EST »

Actually The Bronze plan may only be available to people under 30. So you may have to go with a Silver plan pays 70/30. Should be a pretty good size deductible since it seems this is what you want.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2014, 08:43:55 EST »

The cost in my state with my demographic information is about $167/mo. for a silver plan, and about $597 for a family plan. The cost of the single plan is pretty darn good. The family plan is below what the cost is for insurance provided by my employer, but before their contribution. TIFWIW
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2014, 10:11:47 EST »

Thanks a ton for the info. It is immensely helpful, but I have a dumb question. Is the website the only place to go?

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2014, 10:22:27 EST »

That I don't know. Sorry.
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2014, 05:20:31 EST »

You can get coverage at health.gov or go through an agent.  The agent will offer essentially the same plans because all plans will have the same minimal coverage.

Catastrophic coverage was a joke because you paid for nothing.
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2014, 02:39:14 EST »

Thanks again. I may nose around, but that doesn't sound promising.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: