VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 07:22:48 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jennings is one mean SOB  (Read 2716 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 02, 2016, 10:24:30 EDT »

Just ask #78
On Kamara's TD Jennings laid a whupping on 78 and buckled his knees
Oh and Jennings didn't let an opportunity for trash talk go to waste either

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2016, 10:29:02 EDT »

We've been riding Azzani pretty hard for a couple years now, but I think it's time to give him a little credit.  The WRs are easily our most improved position group this year.  Jennings and Malone are real weapons, and Byrd looks like he's on the brink of joining them.  Now if we can just get Preston Williams up to speed.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2016, 11:57:09 EDT »

It's amazing what can happen when you allow your athletes to be athletes.
VOLMAN
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2016, 04:20:30 EDT »

Don't forget Smith, for a little guy he has made some unbelievable catches....he doesn't rack up lots of catches usually but when he gets an opportunity he rarely fails.            
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2016, 10:19:19 EDT »

My main problem has always been the rotation.  It was never settled enough to give any of the guys any consistency or rhythm in a game.  And also, injured guys kept playing, like North, without being productive.  But in the specific case of North, maybe a back injury is just hard to diagnose.   

Early in the Georgia game, I didn't like some of the WR sets.  But i guess it worked out in the end, and...FINALLY, in the fourth year of Butch, we have a clearly identifiable one and two WR (Malone and Jennings), with I guess Smith being the slot guy.  Williams is a good backup to Malone/Jennings.

I'd like to see more of Byrd, but otherwise pretty happy.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2016, 10:25:37 EDT »

We have been more settled on the WRs than we have since Butch has been here. Good thing, IMO.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2016, 10:32:39 EDT »

My main problem has always been the rotation.  It was never settled enough to give any of the guys any consistency or rhythm in a game.  And also, injured guys kept playing, like North, without being productive.  But in the specific case of North, maybe a back injury is just hard to diagnose.   

Early in the Georgia game, I didn't like some of the WR sets.  But i guess it worked out in the end, and...FINALLY, in the fourth year of Butch, we have a clearly identifiable one and two WR (Malone and Jennings), with I guess Smith being the slot guy.  Williams is a good backup to Malone/Jennings.

I'd like to see more of Byrd, but otherwise pretty happy.
We really haven't been rotating as much this year.  Till Saturday I had rarely seen Malone leave the field.  Early on Jennings and Williams had been splitting snaps but Jennings was slowly gathering the Majority.  In the slot, Smith got the clear majority till he missed the game now he and Byrd are splitting snaps and more than a few times are in the game together.  I saw Brandon Johnson in for a couple of snaps Saturday but that is essentially the rotation.  We ran a LOT of verticals Saturday.  I suspect that is why we rotated more.  But still 5 in a rotation with an occasional 6th is not much of a rotation.

My biggest issue is the lack of TE opportunities.

That being said the passing game has really improved the last two weeks.  The receivers are getting open more consistently.  We are being far more aggressive with the route trees.  Dobbs threw Smith open down the seem, he was not open when the ball was released but he was open where the ball arrived.  If Dobbs can keep that confidence level and execute more consistently then the passing game will explode.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2016, 10:45:31 EDT »

We really haven't been rotating as much this year.  Till Saturday I had rarely seen Malone leave the field.  Early on Jennings and Williams had been splitting snaps but Jennings was slowly gathering the Majority.  In the slot, Smith got the clear majority till he missed the game now he and Byrd are splitting snaps and more than a few times are in the game together.  I saw Brandon Johnson in for a couple of snaps Saturday but that is essentially the rotation.  We ran a LOT of verticals Saturday.  I suspect that is why we rotated more.  But still 5 in a rotation with an occasional 6th is not much of a rotation.

That being said the passing game has really improved the last two weeks.  The receivers are getting open more consistently.  We are being far more aggressive with the route trees.  Dobbs threw Smith open down the seem, he was not open when the ball was released but he was open where the ball arrived.  If Dobbs can keep that confidence level and execute more consistently then the passing game will explode.

Yes, it's obviously much better.  Maybe it just took most of last season for DeBord to wean Dobbs and co. from the Mac offense that Jones brought with him.  I think a big factor, and maybe the biggest, is that Malone finally got healthy.  He actually started making a difference in last years uga game.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2016, 10:48:18 EDT »

Spot on about the TEs.....You can create so many mismatches using the TE....Don't understand it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: