VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 03:47:07 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Football opener is now Thursday Sept.1.*  (Read 740 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: April 15, 2022, 12:35:43 EDT »

`
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2022, 01:00:33 EDT »

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Creek Walker
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2022, 01:40:58 EDT »

Ball State on a Thursday night. I'm sure EVERYONE will be tuning in for that. 
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2022, 04:06:27 EDT »

Ball State on a Thursday night. I'm sure EVERYONE will be tuning in for that.  

So you are saying they WOULD tune in on Saturday night? Take a break from your hectic schedule. Be a Volunteer. Nobody else (other than Vol fans) will be watching. No matter what night.  
« Last Edit: April 15, 2022, 04:14:01 EDT by SmokeyJoe » Logged
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2022, 05:30:49 EDT »

As far as TV viewers go, I think that there will be more on Thursday night. There will be less competition because there will be fewer attractive games on Thursday as compared to Saturday. Not that Saturday is loaded with great games but there are more.

Notre Dame/Ohio State, Georgia/Oregon, Cincinnati/Arkansas and Utah/Florida are all on Saturday.

I know it's tougher for people going to the game but I think that there will more TV viewers on Thursday.

Not that we have anything to say about it. The only voice that counted was Mr. $. 
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2022, 02:32:05 EDT »

As I always say, I love the Thursday night openers.  It means I won’t miss half the games on Saturday by attending Tennessee’s game.   
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2022, 06:47:15 EDT »

As far as TV viewers go, I think that there will be more on Thursday night. There will be less competition because there will be fewer attractive games on Thursday as compared to Saturday. Not that Saturday is loaded with great games but there are more.

Notre Dame/Ohio State, Georgia/Oregon, Cincinnati/Arkansas and Utah/Florida are all on Saturday.

I know it's tougher for people going to the game but I think that there will more TV viewers on Thursday.

Not that we have anything to say about it. The only voice that counted was Mr. $. 
Those are some pretty decent opening matchups.

volsboyinsodak
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2022, 06:59:10 EDT »

I remember last year on Thursday they had a couple of pretty good games on as well as ours...Ohio State game came on the same time as ours.
Creek Walker
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2022, 01:54:15 EDT »

So you are saying they WOULD tune in on Saturday night? Take a break from your hectic schedule. Be a Volunteer. Nobody else (other than Vol fans) will be watching. No matter what night.  

Thursday (and Friday) nights in the fall are for high school sports. So this Vol fan won't be watching.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: