VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 06:29:02 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Our idiot Bama acting fans...  (Read 3205 times)
VOLveeta
« on: November 21, 2011, 02:31:26 EST »

So I'm listening to Eric Ainge this morning (really like his show a lot, btw) and he's talking about some of OUR FANS BOOING TAUREN POOLE ON FREAKING SENIOR DAY?  Is this true?

I swear, the older I get the more stupid takes over the world.  People are so effing ignorant.
Volcreed
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 02:47:58 EST »

So I'm listening to Eric Ainge this morning (really like his show a lot, btw) and he's talking about some of OUR FANS BOOING TAUREN POOLE ON FREAKING SENIOR DAY?  Is this true?

I swear, the older I get the more stupid takes over the world.  People are so effing ignorant.

Was it BOO or POOLE chant? I arrived at kickoff and I hear a POOLE chant from students a couple times which sounds alot like a boo.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 02:50:53 EST »

Being at the game, to me it sounded like "POOOOOOOOOLE".  I don't think they were booing him.  Besides, he had a nice game.
VOLveeta
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2011, 02:53:14 EST »

He said it was both.  The ones flipping birds were not shouting "Poole".  

This is one of those occasions when, if it's true, I'd love to see a coach at a PC say, "If you are one of those fans, please don't come back to Neyland Stadium".
Screaming Eagle Dad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2011, 07:19:50 EST »

He said it was both.  The ones flipping birds were not shouting "Poole".  

This is one of those occasions when, if it's true, I'd love to see a coach at a PC say, "If you are one of those fans, please don't come back to Neyland Stadium".

In complete agreement!
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2011, 07:50:28 EST »

Wow, I'm shocked some fans were actually flipping him off while booing.  That IS embarrassing.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2011, 08:25:36 EST »

There is always a player that the students and/or younger crowd hates. Older fans generally direct their ire towards coaches... for the younger crowd the players are fair game. One day they will grow up and regret it.

Poole killed his Twitter account last week because he was tired of people telling him how bad he was. He doesn't deserve that crap. He is not a great tailback, but he's the best we've got and he's a senior who has put up with a lot of crap for Tennessee.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2011, 08:42:19 EST »

There is always a player that the students and/or younger crowd hates. Older fans generally direct their ire towards coaches... for the younger crowd the players are fair game. One day they will grow up and regret it.

Poole killed his Twitter account last week because he was tired of people telling him how bad he was. He doesn't deserve that crap. He is not a great tailback, but he's the best we've got and he's a senior who has put up with a lot of crap for Tennessee.

Yeah, I am not happy with his performance, but I appreciate his effort for sure.  Sending him negative comments is completely classless!   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: