VTTW Board Index
May 11, 2024, 02:56:23 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UK  (Read 2073 times)
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
UK
« on: October 29, 2017, 05:42:55 EDT »

completed 7 passes. UK had less than 90 yards of passing offense. UK turned it over to UT four times. UK beat Tennessee by 3 points.

UK!!!  UK!!!

The University of Kentucky!!!

It was a football game, not basketball!!!
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2017, 06:52:31 EDT »

They did everything to hand us the game and we could not take it. KY had the ball for only 10 minutes the whole 2nd half and we lose.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2017, 04:34:25 EDT »

More than the blown red zone TD opportunities or even missed field goals, it was everything.  On one of our late drives, Gurantano instead of passing to a wide open Chandler tried to run up the middle and lost two yards.  After which we just...barely missed a FG.  Then we drop an int in the end zone.  And so forth.

It's maddening.  This was going to be a rebuilding year for sure, but we should be 5-2 now, without any question, and the wins we do have should be less ugly and the big losses to Uga and Ua less so.  Worse season since Dooley's last year, and it's giving that one a run.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2017, 08:05:15 EDT »

More than the blown red zone TD opportunities or even missed field goals, it was everything.  On one of our late drives, Gurantano instead of passing to a wide open Chandler tried to run up the middle and lost two yards.  After which we just...barely missed a FG.  Then we drop an int in the end zone.  And so forth.

It's maddening.  This was going to be a rebuilding year for sure, but we should be 5-2 now, without any question, and the wins we do have should be less ugly and the big losses to Uga and Ua less so.  Worse season since Dooley's last year, and it's giving that one a run.   

IMO, Dooley's 2012 team was better than this squad and Dooley had less talent to work with.  IIRC, Dooley pooped the bed against Vandy, but otherwise had the team playing respectful, and played a decent game against a pretty good UGa team.  No, I think you have to go ALL the way back to 1954 to find a worse Big Orange season performance on the field.  The Vols were 4-6 and only had one win over a decent team, 6-4 Ole Miss.  They were shut out by Bama, UF, and Vandy that year.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2017, 03:21:50 EDT »

IMO, Dooley's 2012 team was better than this squad and Dooley had less talent to work with.  IIRC, Dooley pooped the bed against Vandy, but otherwise had the team playing respectful, and played a decent game against a pretty good UGa team.  No, I think you have to go ALL the way back to 1954 to find a worse Big Orange season performance on the field.  The Vols were 4-6 and only had one win over a decent team, 6-4 Ole Miss.  They were shut out by Bama, UF, and Vandy that year.

Well....I'd make a case for 1977, when Majors went 4-7.

I disagree about the final Dooley year.  We have looked bad against bammer and uga, but close losses in every other game.  And it's those close losses I am pointing to.  The reasons are different.  Dooley had a potent offense with two legit starting NFL WRs and a 3-string NFL QB and an NFL line, but the D was literally the worst ever unless you count 1897.    We were close in every game except a few but managed to lose all. 

There are four games left.  If Butch wins 3/4, and on paper at least, the three left are very weak teams, then we will be 6-6 and this team will literally be better than Dooley's last year.

If on the other hand we go 1-3.....

There is one big difference for me personally, which is that in Dooley's last year I felt we were doomed to lose. I  have yet to feel that way this year with the exception of uga and bammer. But after Saturday's fiasco, maybe it is that way.  Three of our five losses are games we "found a way to lose'.  I guess you have to balance that with the fact that we probably should have lost to Ga Tech, but....

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: