VTTW Board Index
May 11, 2024, 11:09:06 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I think the final nail in the coffin is in place  (Read 7745 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: November 01, 2017, 01:06:33 EDT »

Kendrick played over half the game Sat with a concussion

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 01:24:06 EDT »

Regardless if this rumor is true or not, it is really terrible.

If true, playing him was insane and indefensible. 

If false, then the slandering of Butch and the staff is reprehensible by the perpetrator.

I have wanted Butch gone for a while, but I really hope that this isn't true. 
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2017, 01:48:10 EDT »

Regardless if this rumor is true or not, it is really terrible.

If true, playing him was insane and indefensible. 

If false, then the slandering of Butch and the staff is reprehensible by the perpetrator.

I have wanted Butch gone for a while, but I really hope that this isn't true. 

It now appears it may be true.  Last night, it was being tweeted by a single not-so-reputable source.  Now Volquest and others are confirming.

My question, if it's true- did Butch know he was concussed?  Even if he didn't it is still inexcusable, and would not speak well of our medical staff and/or sideline communication.  But if he did know...oh boy.

JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2017, 01:54:04 EDT »

It now appears it may be true.  Last night, it was being tweeted by a single not-so-reputable source.  Now Volquest and others are confirming.

My question, if it's true- did Butch know he was concussed?  Even if he didn't it is still inexcusable, and would not speak well of our medical staff and/or sideline communication.  But if he did know...oh boy.

Brent, or VQ staff members, have confirmed this?  Or just posts from paying subscribers.  If the staff is reporting it, then it is almost definitely true.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2017, 01:56:05 EDT »

Jess Simonton did the practice report on VQ today.  In that thread, several people asked him at 5:20 this evening if Butch was at practice today.  I have to admit that I did find it very interesting that, as of just a few minutes ago, he had not responded to that question. 
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2017, 02:04:26 EDT »

I see no way a coach...any coach knowing a kid had a concussion was allowed to play. There are trainers and teams doctors on the sidelines for a reason. If the player says nothing and continues to play with no signs it's hard to blame anyone. Also the refs are schooled to watch for such things and report/stop play on the spot.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2017, 02:16:54 EDT »

Brent, or VQ staff members, have confirmed this?  Or just posts from paying subscribers.  If the staff is reporting it, then it is almost definitely true.

Actually, nevermind.  Looks like it came from a fake Volquest account.  Those have been popping up a lot lately.  I really fizzleing hate our fanbase sometimes.

So as far as I know, Vol Colonel is still the only one reporting it.  And frankly, I don't trust that guy.

JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2017, 02:55:37 EDT »

I see no way a coach...any coach knowing a kid had a concussion was allowed to play. There are trainers and teams doctors on the sidelines for a reason. If the player says nothing and continues to play with no signs it's hard to blame anyone. Also the refs are schooled to watch for such things and report/stop play on the spot.

I would agree.  I've done a little coaching, and I can safely say that concussion protocol is drilled into any coach involved in any state controlled sport.

I can't imagine that medical professionals employed by UT would allow an athlete to return to the playing field if he had indeed been diagnosed with this sort of injury.

That's why I posted earlier that if this is a false allegation, it is really unfortunate for the coaching staff.

As bad as I want Butch out of UT, I would never want him to be falsely accused of any wrongdoing.  He's done plenty enough, imo, to be removed without having to make up false allegations.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2017, 02:57:52 EDT »

I thought concussion protocol was strictly in the hands of medical staff. Can a coach overrule?
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2017, 04:33:54 EDT »

So as far as I know, Vol Colonel is still the only one reporting it.  And frankly, I don't trust that guy.

And now he just tweeted a pic of a nuclear blast, with no further explanation.  That's the kind of shizzle I hate the most.

droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2017, 04:51:31 EDT »

Who is Vol Colonel?

He writes for Basilio's site occasionally but today Tony said that Vol Colonel was not going to be on there for a while.

We exchanged emails last night and BOTH of us have decided that the Vol Colonel needs some time away from this blog. He's out of his mind right now. I'm going to talk about John Currie ignoring the calls of the wealthy in Vol Country later on in the blog today, and you're seeing that manifested in the behavior of the Vol Colonel. Money people like him are frustrated because their voice isn't being heard. He told me last night that he's given hundreds of thousands of dollars to UT and he's sick of this nonsense. I get it. We all get it. Vol Colonel is going to take a break from this blog until a new coach is in place and we can get back to putting this thing back together. We all yearn for some healing here. Your Vol Colonel is no different. Thanks for the understanding.  TonyBasilio.com
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2017, 04:59:49 EDT »

And now he just tweeted a pic of a nuclear blast, with no further explanation.  That's the kind of shizzle I hate the most.

BDV,

If you can, I'm advising to approach this as a source of entertainment. Coaching searches/potential firings can be so hilarious if you just come at it with the attitude that everything that's tweeted or posted anywhere is a flat out lie, until there's something that finally isn't.

I've literally shed tears while laughing several times tonight - after going back to check VQ for updates. People can be so gullible and are so easily led and it can be amazingly funny.  One thread on VQ went over 4 pages this afternoon, all after someone started a thread with a simple "It's done" message.

A friend of mine is so pissed off right now because all of the 'hot posts' from today have gone unfounded - at least to this point in time. He's literally spewing expletives everywhere. He's texting me every ten minutes with a new rant.

Nothing we can do about any of it. We are invested in it because of our love of the Vols, but we have no say. Just enjoy the ride.

*I'm not trying to preach at you. I hope this doesn't come across as offensive, because it certainly was not the intention.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2017, 05:07:40 EDT »

I'm guessing this is what he was talking about:

https://thereadoptional.com/source-butch-jones-tennessee-played-player-with-concussion-in-loss-to-kentucky-1497e5b70938

Two things:

1. I had never heard of this website until Saturday night, when their "scoop" that Butch would be out by Sunday afternoon went viral.  Oops.
2. This story is only as good as its anonymous source.  How much do you want to bet that that "source's" initials are V.C.?

I'm not saying this story isn't true, and admittedly they DO provide some compelling video evidence.  But I've yet to hear someone I trust confirm it.  Also, there is obviously a concerted effort to make it go viral by tweeting it from fake twitter accounts impersonating prominent Vol media personalities (Swain, Ainge, and Hubbs to name three, maybe more that I haven't seen).

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2017, 05:14:48 EDT »

BDV,

If you can, I'm advising to approach this as a source of entertainment. Coaching searches/potential firings can be so hilarious if you just come at it with the attitude that everything that's tweeted or posted anywhere is a flat out lie, until there's something that finally isn't.

I've literally shed tears while laughing several times tonight - after going back to check VQ for updates. People can be so gullible and are so easily led and it can be amazingly funny.  One thread on VQ went over 4 pages this afternoon, all after someone started a thread with a simple "It's done" message.

A friend of mine is so pissed off right now because all of the 'hot posts' from today have gone unfounded - at least to this point in time. He's literally spewing expletives everywhere. He's texting me every ten minutes with a new rant.

Nothing we can do about any of it. We are invested in it because of our love of the Vols, but we have no say. Just enjoy the ride.

*I'm not trying to preach at you. I hope this doesn't come across as offensive, because it certainly was not the intention.

Oh, I know.  It's just really annoying when some people act like they know some inside info, but then won't spill the beans.  Why even post in the first place, then?  And the ones who being intentionally deceitful can just go to hell.

LOL- I'm really not getting bent out of shape, I promise. 

JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2017, 05:28:19 EDT »

Oh, I know.  It's just really annoying when some people act like they know some inside info, but then won't spill the beans.  Why even post in the first place, then?  And the ones who being intentionally deceitful can just go to hell.

LOL- I'm really not getting bent out of shape, I promise. 

I just assume it's all total BS until I know for sure that it isn't. I do put stock in what Hubbs reports, because he's always been extra cautious it seems. In other words, he never reports it until the story has 100% broken. 
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2017, 08:46:21 EDT »

Brent, or VQ staff members, have confirmed this?  Or just posts from paying subscribers.  If the staff is reporting it, then it is almost definitely true.
VQ Tweet - so public info
I posted after I saw and confirmed the tweet

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2017, 05:43:55 EDT »

OK I saw Currie's statement regarding this. He skirted around the issue by giving the boiler plate AD answer of Yada, Yada, Yada. It only needed to be Yes, No, and I do not know. Kendrick either played concussed or not. If he was pulled out only at end of game with symptoms, then it took the medical staff a long time to notice. The AD office still did not answer the question Yes or No and we know Butch will never address it until forced to.

I was willing to give Currie the benefit of the doubt on his management abilities. But to this point, he just appears to be another Big Jim Haslam employee wanted to announce what his boss wants him to parrot. He just appears to be another Hamilton-looking puppet that cannot make his own decisions. A man of reaction rather than a man of action. Come on Currie. Prove me wrong.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2017, 06:21:16 EDT »

Those of you dogging Vol Colonel, turns out he was dead on correct.  Kendrick played until there were 22 seconds left in the game after being concussed in the 2nd quarter.  Exactly who let him play is still in question, but it happened.  He is out for this week's game. 

I know some of you don't believe that folks other than Brent Hubbs and Jimmy Hyams have sources and know what is going on.  For the record, VC is a hell of a lot closer than either of those two are, and especially on this one. 

And if you choose not to believe that, then have at it. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2017, 06:46:06 EDT »

I have no personal knowledge of VolColonel.  His twitter, however, suggests something along the lines of a lunatic fringe. 

That doesn't mean he isn't intelligent, highly respected, connected, or whatever.  In my opinion, though, tt just gives off the vibe of someone who wears aluminum foil headware and has the patience of our POTUS.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2017, 07:18:45 EDT »

Those of you dogging Vol Colonel, turns out he was dead on correct.  Kendrick played until there were 22 seconds left in the game after being concussed in the 2nd quarter.  Exactly who let him play is still in question, but it happened.  He is out for this week's game. 

I know some of you don't believe that folks other than Brent Hubbs and Jimmy Hyams have sources and know what is going on.  For the record, VC is a hell of a lot closer than either of those two are, and especially on this one. 

Yep.  Hubbs and Hyams may usually be correct, but they aren't allowed to tell all.  They report what the AD allows them to share.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2017, 08:34:36 EDT »

I'm sure you know him better than I do (considering I don't know him at all).  But even though he may have been right this time, he's been wrong on quite a few other things this year.  As I know very few of these media guys personally, If I'm going to take someone's word on something, I'm going to pick the ones who have established track records of accuracy over those who don't, every single time. 

Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2017, 05:15:12 EDT »

This is the only Colonel I know....

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2017, 06:26:13 EDT »

This is the only Colonel I know....

How about Col Jessup??
Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with helmets. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Butch Jones? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Tennessee and you curse the AD. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know; that Tennessee's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, *saves lives*. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that field. You need me on that field. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very football team that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it! I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a football and play. Either way, I don't give a *damn* what you think you are entitled to!

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2017, 07:20:34 EDT »

How about Col Jessup??
Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with helmets. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Butch Jones? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Tennessee and you curse the AD. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know; that Tennessee's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, *saves lives*. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that field. You need me on that field. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very football team that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it! I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a football and play. Either way, I don't give a *damn* what you think you are entitled to!

Those hallowed walls around Rocky Top will be guarded by men with helmets, or men who fall on helmets! 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: