VTTW Board Index
May 12, 2024, 12:00:21 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: All women and children in Alabama take cover!  (Read 4447 times)
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« on: November 01, 2017, 02:05:33 EDT »

Georgia ranked No.1 in the first playoff poll.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 02:58:21 EDT »

Lmao
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2017, 03:33:45 EDT »

25. Washington State
24. Michigan State
23. Memphis
22. Arizona
21. Stanford
20. NC State
19. LSU
18. Central Florida
17. USC
16. Mississippi State
15. Iowa State
14. Auburn
13. Virginia Tech
12. Washington
11. Oklahoma State
10. Miami
9. Wisconsin
8. TCU
7. Penn State
6. Ohio State
5. Oklahoma
4. Clemson
3. Notre Dame
2. Alabama
1. Georgia
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2017, 06:34:58 EDT »

Do they both make the playoff after the SECCg? Or will the late season loss knock one of them out and put the Bucknuts in?  either way, I feel they both should be in before ND.

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2017, 10:09:07 EDT »

Do they both make the playoff after the SECCg? Or will the late season loss knock one of them out and put the Bucknuts in?  either way, I feel they both should be in before ND.

No.  The other P5 conferences won't stand for that.  Too much money at stake.

The one exception would be if it's a year like 2007, when there were almost no one-loss teams and so LSU won the MNC with two losses.  That was a historically rare occasion, but i can certainly see the P12 and B12 having no one-loss teams.

But...Notre Dame is likely to have one loss.  I can hear the howls now if a one-loss Notre Dame gets in ahead of bammer after uga whips em in the SECCG.   

My best guess...Uga/bammer, OSU, Clemson/Miami, ND

P12s only shot appears to be UDub.  OU/TCU still alive, if barely.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2017, 11:10:01 EDT »

Plus a few of the top 8 will have another lost before the end of the regular season.

volsboyinsodak
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2017, 11:12:14 EDT »

If UGA under Smart becomes too big a thorn in Saban's side, the NCAA will come knocking in short order.  Watch and see.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2017, 07:51:15 EDT »

If UGA under Smart becomes too big a thorn in Saban's side, the NCAA will come knocking in short order.  Watch and see.

Maybe.  It's true that the NCAA prez was at one point the former chancellor at LSU, who, while at LSU saved saban from probation, and enough funny stuff happened to make one wonder, but he's no longer the prez. 

If I was a bammer fan  , I'd be more worried that the FBI switches from basketball to football. 

Of course, Sessions is a bammer grad, so I'm not sure how far that will go.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2017, 09:38:46 EDT »

Maybe.  It's true that the NCAA prez was at one point the former chancellor at LSU, who, while at LSU saved saban from probation, and enough funny stuff happened to make one wonder, but he's no longer the prez. 

Mark Emmert- and yes, he's still in office.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Emmert

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2017, 10:38:01 EDT »

Mark Emmert- and yes, he's still in office.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Emmert

dam.  Thought he was gone.

Well, he doesn't control the FBI at least.   

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2017, 10:41:37 EDT »

This is what I referred to above.  He did a good job of covering shizzle up at LSU

In 2001-02, a university instructor made accusations of academic fraud in the school's football program, including plagiarized papers and un-enrolled students showing up in class to take notes for football players. At the time, LSU was already on NCAA probation due to violations in the men's basketball program for violations that predated Emmert's employment. A university-led investigation into the academic fraud allegations found only minor violations. The report stated, "Despite isolated incidents, the allegations were largely unfounded." The NCAA accepted LSU's finding and self-imposed minor penalties (loss of two football scholarships) and declined to put the school on probation. Subsequently, two women sued the university for forcing them from their jobs as a result of whistleblowing about the academic fraud. The lawsuits were settled for $110,000 for each person. During the case, an employee of the academic counseling center confirmed the women's claims under oath, including changed grades for football players. A portion of Emmert's salary was paid by the LSU Foundation and the Tiger Athletic Foundation.[2]

Might explain why just about every big school in the country seems to be getting away with almost open cheating.   

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2017, 04:35:28 EDT »

The United States Attorney General (Sessions) is a Alabama law school grad. Saban is protected more than Fort Knox.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: