VTTW Board Index
May 11, 2024, 08:49:22 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hmmmm....Antone Davis resigns  (Read 3979 times)
RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: November 01, 2017, 08:42:03 EDT »

https://247sports.com/college/tennessee/Article/Tennessee-Vols-football-VFL-coordinator-Antone-Davis-resigns-109796411

SmokeyJoe
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 08:50:32 EDT »

Anybody know if he reported to Jones or AD?
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2017, 09:59:14 EDT »

It sounds like either Jones or Currie wants to phase out the VFL program...   what a sham(e)   I always liked the idea, and it seems like it would be a good recruiting tool - to keep your NFL talent and your alums close to the program.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2017, 10:05:27 EDT »

It sounds like either Jones or Currie wants to phase out the VFL program...   what a sham(e)   I always liked the idea, and it seems like it would be a good recruiting tool - to keep your NFL talent and your alums close to the program.

What have you read that indicates they want to phase it out?  Stuff I've seen indicated more of a problem between Davis and Jones.
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2017, 03:03:27 EDT »

If the problem is with Jones, seems you could wait it out.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2017, 04:39:51 EDT »

If the problem is with Jones, seems you could wait it out.

So...Jones is back in 2018?       

On a more serious note, Antone might just be ready to move on.  Jones may have been a cause of that, but I'm willing to bet he's just tired and wants something new.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2017, 05:09:00 EDT »

What have you read that indicates they want to phase it out?  Stuff I've seen indicated more of a problem between Davis and Jones.

Just from reading the article ... they would no longer let him travel with the team - made him take care of his own travel arrangements!  Made him drive to away games for the love of all that is holy.  There seem to have been a lot of other changes (or job benefit cuts) that were made that seemed to say "we no longer want you here" if you ask me.  He also said there was a hostile work environment.  If he was not doing his job, fire him and get a replacement.  This really sounds like bad, bad treatment to me.  Not covering travel is a huge insult - he fizzleing works for you, is travelling on business for you, and you are not covering his travel expenses.  That is some bad doodoo right there.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2017, 10:12:10 EDT »

Just from reading the article ... they would no longer let him travel with the team - made him take care of his own travel arrangements!  Made him drive to away games for the love of all that is holy.  There seem to have been a lot of other changes (or job benefit cuts) that were made that seemed to say "we no longer want you here" if you ask me.  He also said there was a hostile work environment.  If he was not doing his job, fire him and get a replacement.  This really sounds like bad, bad treatment to me.  Not covering travel is a huge insult - he fizzleing works for you, is travelling on business for you, and you are not covering his travel expenses.  That is some bad doodoo right there.

agree 100%

which goes to my comment of Jones being the cause of it, but Antone obviously didn't want to fight it anymore

doesn't mean VFL is gone, just the leader.  Sounds to me like he got shizzle on, for sure

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2017, 03:37:37 EDT »

I think Jones has definitely strayed from the original intent of the VFL program, and several players aren't happy about it.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2017, 04:33:01 EDT »

I think Jones has definitely strayed from the original intent of the VFL program, and several players aren't happy about it.

JMO....but I think some VFL'ers figured out Butch and his BS and Butch doesn't like it.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2017, 09:32:33 EDT »

Not much in here is a surprise, but it does confirm things

https://www.rockytoptalk.com/2017/11/3/16602982/report-antone-davis-resigned-due-to-intimidation-bullying-mental-abuse-from-butch-jones-tennessee

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: