VTTW Board Index
May 04, 2024, 05:15:41 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: November 30th or November 23rd  (Read 2995 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: November 21, 2012, 10:32:52 EST »

The date is moving up, apparently?   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 10:57:08 EST »

I will not complain if I'm late by a week on my prediction.  

Rumor has it Gruden and Cheek talked today.

*Edit - Just read another rumor that there was a "snag", according to Hyams, and that there is now a less than 5% chance we get Gruden.  Lol, I can't recall anything like this.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 11:02:35 EST by VinnieVOL » Logged
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 11:05:17 EST »

Yes I heard an earful...not of that, but a very specific prediction about Saturday.  It's not any better or any worse than any other, but should be interesting to see if there is anything to it. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 01:14:58 EST »

is when we will know.  Hart is going to research and phone interview a group of potential candidates and pick out a final field of three by late next week.  Three candidates will then interview with Hart and a representative of the big money donors the first week in December.  Hart and power brokers meet that weekend with Hart giving his choice and getting approval or disapproval of big $$$.  Whoever the big $$$ decide they want and can afford will be Hart's choice.  Once the new coach accepts and gets on the corporate jet sent to pick him up we will know. All in good time.

IMO there are no snags in the negotiation because there have been no formal ones.  Don't get your panties in a wad if this goes until mid-December.  Regardless of any rumors, even the big $$$ guys will need to gather cash and work out the details. Remember, all funds will need to be funneled through UT and will need to be encumbered to prevent the UT administration from taking a cut.
Creek Walker
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2012, 01:37:52 EST »

*Edit - Just read another rumor that there was a "snag", according to Hyams, and that there is now a less than 5% chance we get Gruden.  Lol, I can't recall anything like this.

Hyams scored a coup in 2010 when everyone else was saying Cutcliffe was headed to UT. Let's hope this isn't a repeat, because he's the only media type out on that limb right now.
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2012, 03:06:46 EST »

So Peyton needs to get on the phone.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2012, 05:01:39 EST »

is when we will know.  Hart is going to research and phone interview a group of potential candidates and pick out a final field of three by late next week.  Three candidates will then interview with Hart and a representative of the big money donors the first week in December.  Hart and power brokers meet that weekend with Hart giving his choice and getting approval or disapproval of big $$$.  Whoever the big $$$ decide they want and can afford will be Hart's choice.  Once the new coach accepts and gets on the corporate jet sent to pick him up we will know. All in good time.

IMO there are no snags in the negotiation because there have been no formal ones.  Don't get your panties in a wad if this goes until mid-December.  Regardless of any rumors, even the big $$$ guys will need to gather cash and work out the details. Remember, all funds will need to be funneled through UT and will need to be encumbered to prevent the UT administration from taking a cut.

Sure, UT is required interview three candidates.  Merely a formality, imo.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: