VTTW Board Index
May 17, 2024, 03:02:15 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Holy Crap... We may get Tuttle and Darrell Taylor today  (Read 8149 times)
10EC
« on: September 26, 2014, 07:37:52 EDT »

Had no clue we could get Taylor...  It's raining stars
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2014, 08:11:30 EDT »

Whoa whoa whoa... Taylor too?!
10EC
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2014, 08:12:39 EDT »

Whoa whoa whoa... Taylor too?!

Fortenberry strongly hinting it.  Halftime of his game tonight he will announce.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2014, 08:26:37 EDT »

Supposedly Callahan crystal balled him to the Vols.  Dudes on other Vol boards saw that and are already celebrating.   
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2014, 08:33:21 EDT »

Taylor is probably going to play DE in college, right?  What a DL class this is shaping up to be.

10EC
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2014, 08:43:42 EDT »

Taylor is probably going to play DE in college, right?  What a DL class this is shaping up to be.

I pray Butch can coach.. because he can recruit a championship team.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2014, 09:11:46 EDT »

It's breathtaking, for sure.   
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2014, 09:35:48 EDT »

Tuttle just committed.  Boom.

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2014, 10:03:19 EDT »

Not MAY....we will get both today

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2014, 10:04:05 EDT »

Yes, and if you watch him, he is a super fast speed rusher.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2014, 10:14:33 EDT »

Shylil McTuttle. 

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2014, 10:15:53 EDT »

Ryan Bartow....

"Shy Tuttle is one of the best prospects I’ve seen in nine years of covering football recruiting.

An absolute war daddy.
His freshman film was the best of any defensive tackle in the state of North Carolina regardless of age. That was the same year as the state produced Clemson signees D.J. Reader and Carlos Watkins.

His sophomore stuff was even better. What some forget is Tuttle played his junior season with a torn labrum, essentially with one arm, and still put up numbers.

Tuttle hails from DL heaven: the Carolinas. Tennessee fans know that the best. Former DL coach Dan Brooks made a living signing and developing the best defensive linemen from the area of the country that produces the most elite DLs in the nation.

The likes of Leonard Little, Albert Haynesworth, Darwin Walker and Shaun Ellis are prime examples.
Tuttle is of that ilk. An elite level monster with a potential NFL upside.
He plays the hardest position to find on the recruiting trail: thick, powerful defensive tackles over 6-foot-2.
“My strength is that I’m big, fast and athletic,” Tuttle said.

That’s why everyone wanted him.
I first saw Tuttle in the spring of 2012 right after his freshman year. Jason Pughe of XoS Digital told me I had to travel up to see what he called “the best guy regardless of age in the Carolinas” right now.

After I left that day I was in full agreement. Tuttle’s first clip is intercepting a throwback screen with one hand and taking it 25 yards to the house. How many defensive tackles have you seen do that...ever?

Everyone soon lined up with offers.
Alabama, led by then defensive line coach Chris Rumph, was in on him first. North Carolina offered right away. Clemson, where his uncle, Perry Tuttle, from the famous Sports Illustrated cover when he helped the Tigers win the 1981 National Championship as a wide receiver, soon offered as well.
So did Florida, Florida State, Ohio State, Georgia, South Carolina and everyone else in America.

North Carolina led from last summer all the way to this summer. Then some trips to Knoxville this summer turned the tide for the Volunteers. His rapport with the coaching staff, their need at the vital spot and Tuttle liking the atmosphere at Tennessee put the Volunteers over the top.

Shy is just that, shy, off the field. Quiet. A man of few words. On the field, he turns into King Kong. Mean, aggressive and explosive.

Line him up next to five-star monster Kahlil McKenzie and that’s what wins big-time in the SEC. That’s what separates the contenders to the pretenders: who has the elite level defensive linemen and who doesn’t. Tennessee fans know that full well.

Tennessee what you landed today is one of America’s best. One of the best I’ve seen.

Today, Tennessee, you got yourself a legit all day WAR DADDY named Shy Tuttle."
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2014, 10:18:51 EDT »

We're up to 23 now, and it sounds like we may be getting #24 later tonight.  Paulk getting booted should open up another scholly, but we're still getting full, with several big targets left on the board.  We can't sign 30+ again, can we?  Or are some current commits going to get Saban'd?

I'm assuming we'll have a ton of visitors in next Saturday.  If we beat UF, that could be very, very big for recruiting.  Probably bigger for 2016 than this year's class, but still...

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2014, 10:22:58 EDT »

We're up to 23 now, and it sounds like we may be getting #24 later tonight.  Paulk getting booted should open up another scholly, but we're still getting full, with several big targets left on the board.  We can't sign 30+ again, can we?  Or are some current commits going to get Saban'd?

I'm assuming we'll have a ton of visitors in next Saturday.  If we beat UF, that could be very, very big for recruiting.  Probably bigger for 2016 than this year's class, but still...

We can't put more than 25 new guys on scholarship. We can't backcount any this year, as far as I know, since we filled to the brim last year. There was some question if we'd even be able to bring that many in because of returning scholly players, but I think that will work itself out.

I think some commits will be exiting. Jaylond Woods was the first.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2014, 10:27:19 EDT »

Ryan Bartow....

"Shy Tuttle is one of the best prospects I’ve seen in nine years of covering football recruiting.

An absolute war daddy.
His freshman film was the best of any defensive tackle in the state of North Carolina regardless of age. That was the same year as the state produced Clemson signees D.J. Reader and Carlos Watkins.

His sophomore stuff was even better. What some forget is Tuttle played his junior season with a torn labrum, essentially with one arm, and still put up numbers.

Tuttle hails from DL heaven: the Carolinas. Tennessee fans know that the best. Former DL coach Dan Brooks made a living signing and developing the best defensive linemen from the area of the country that produces the most elite DLs in the nation.

The likes of Leonard Little, Albert Haynesworth, Darwin Walker and Shaun Ellis are prime examples.
Tuttle is of that ilk. An elite level monster with a potential NFL upside.
He plays the hardest position to find on the recruiting trail: thick, powerful defensive tackles over 6-foot-2.
“My strength is that I’m big, fast and athletic,” Tuttle said.

That’s why everyone wanted him.
I first saw Tuttle in the spring of 2012 right after his freshman year. Jason Pughe of XoS Digital told me I had to travel up to see what he called “the best guy regardless of age in the Carolinas” right now.

After I left that day I was in full agreement. Tuttle’s first clip is intercepting a throwback screen with one hand and taking it 25 yards to the house. How many defensive tackles have you seen do that...ever?

Everyone soon lined up with offers.
Alabama, led by then defensive line coach Chris Rumph, was in on him first. North Carolina offered right away. Clemson, where his uncle, Perry Tuttle, from the famous Sports Illustrated cover when he helped the Tigers win the 1981 National Championship as a wide receiver, soon offered as well.
So did Florida, Florida State, Ohio State, Georgia, South Carolina and everyone else in America.

North Carolina led from last summer all the way to this summer. Then some trips to Knoxville this summer turned the tide for the Volunteers. His rapport with the coaching staff, their need at the vital spot and Tuttle liking the atmosphere at Tennessee put the Volunteers over the top.

Shy is just that, shy, off the field. Quiet. A man of few words. On the field, he turns into King Kong. Mean, aggressive and explosive.

Line him up next to five-star monster Kahlil McKenzie and that’s what wins big-time in the SEC. That’s what separates the contenders to the pretenders: who has the elite level defensive linemen and who doesn’t. Tennessee fans know that full well.

Tennessee what you landed today is one of America’s best. One of the best I’ve seen.

Today, Tennessee, you got yourself a legit all day WAR DADDY named Shy Tuttle."

From Billy Ratliff to Justin Harrell (with guys like Walker, Henderson, and Haynesworth in between), we once had elite DTs every year.  I used to take it for granted that opponents wouldn't be able to run on us.  Hopefully, we're about to get back to that.

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2014, 10:31:31 EDT »

Butch said yesterday that we will sign a "very very big class"

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2014, 10:52:20 EDT »

BTW, I still think we'll get Richmond.  Just a hunch.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2014, 12:20:10 EDT »

BTW, I still think we'll get Richmond.  Just a hunch.

For reals or are you just funning?
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2014, 12:34:20 EDT »

For reals or are you just funning?

I have no hard info, but yeah.  During the OU game, just a couple days after he committed to OM, he was tweeting along at home, pulling hard for UT.  Didn't sound like someone who was THAT committed to another school.  What I think may be happening is he made the announcement to get the Rebel Mafia in Memphis off his back, and he may switch shortly before signing day.  Don't take this as gospel- like I said, just a hunch.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2014, 02:07:01 EDT »

I have no hard info, but yeah.  During the OU game, just a couple days after he committed to OM, he was tweeting along at home, pulling hard for UT.  Didn't sound like someone who was THAT committed to another school.  What I think may be happening is he made the announcement to get the Rebel Mafia in Memphis off his back, and he may switch shortly before signing day.  Don't take this as gospel- like I said, just a hunch.

I hear ya.  Man, if we pulled him too...   
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2014, 03:15:36 EDT »

And Taylor is in the house.  Win or lose tomorrow, it's already a good weekend.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2014, 03:37:57 EDT »

And Taylor is in the house.  Win or lose tomorrow, it's already a good weekend.

Just unreal.   
RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2014, 03:21:50 EDT »

Just hoping we can actually SIGN all these commits --- this is awesome if they all sign!

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2014, 05:03:45 EDT »

Future is bright....

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: