VTTW Board Index
May 15, 2024, 09:22:12 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SEC OFFICIATING  (Read 3127 times)
RipleyVol12
Starter

View Profile
« on: October 05, 2014, 02:04:22 EDT »

I think we can all agree is a massive joke at best. UF still alive because of it though. Must be nice.

GO VOLS!!!   
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2014, 02:18:08 EDT »

UF beat us cause of our trashy offense, not because of the refs.
RipleyVol12
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2014, 02:23:31 EDT »

Or possibly a no call on the go ahead fg.

GO VOLS!!! 
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2014, 02:27:16 EDT »

We lost the game mainly because of our offensive line.

But apparently the quality of officiating is low. Look at the non-call on facemask grab by the Bama player on the fumble pickup for a TD.

And then there's this: http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11640809/iowa-state-cyclones-athletic-director-jamie-pollard-rips-big-12-officiating
Creek Walker
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2014, 02:38:05 EDT »

I've said it every week this season: SEC officiating sucks. There were several blatant misses today. No point in hashing them out; someone would call it sour grapes or say I'm trying to excuse our team's poor play. I'm not. But it's pretty sad when our head coach has to instruct the officials on how to conduct their business at the end of the half.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2014, 06:17:36 EDT »

We lost the game mainly because of our offensive line.

But apparently the quality of officiating is low. Look at the non-call on facemask grab by the Bama player on the fumble pickup for a TD.

And then there's this: http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11640809/iowa-state-cyclones-athletic-director-jamie-pollard-rips-big-12-officiating

Yeah, it seems bammer always gets away with trash like that.  But I noticed that the calls went against bammer in the second half.  Hell, they even got called for holding twice! 

Perhaps a bit of making up for the embarrassing no call....

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Memphisvolunteer
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2014, 06:45:05 EDT »

I've said it every week this season: SEC officiating sucks. There were several blatant misses today. No point in hashing them out; someone would call it sour grapes or say I'm trying to excuse our team's poor play. I'm not. But it's pretty sad when our head coach has to instruct the officials on how to conduct their business at the end of the half.

When the official turned towards the wrong side of the press box to make the first call and then had to turn around, I just lowered my head and said that doesn't give me good feelings.  Then when our coach has to tell them how to mark off a call, I really didn't get warm feelings about them.  I agree that there were several no calls.  However, we lost the game, not the refs.  The UF's field goal would have been good from another 5 yards back.  He kicked the heck out of the ball.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: