VTTW Board Index
May 10, 2024, 03:07:28 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: You must be new here.  (Read 1965 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: January 29, 2021, 11:20:43 EST »

https://twitter.com/38godfrey/status/1355272123951042561?s=21

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2021, 11:23:24 EST »

Doubtful that Austin Price gets the "leak" the next time ...

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2021, 12:20:30 EST »

Apparently FAKE NEWS
https://twitter.com/AD_DannyWhite/status/1355288453370564610?s=20

"I’d love to see a copy of that “memo”! 🤣😂🤣 I don’t have the time or interest to launch any sort of “investigation.” Busy trying to make Tennessee better!"

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

Cobbvol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2021, 12:27:51 EST »

Maybe it was bait by AD White to follow and get more info on who leaked the investigation to the media.
Cobbvol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2021, 12:38:55 EST »

Also, you would think this Godfrey guy would have investigated in some fashion. Just further proof the only entrance requirement to the media these days is some form of a grammar certification and a twitter handle.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2021, 12:41:57 EST »

Maybe it was bait by AD White to follow and get more info on who leaked the investigation to the media.
He knows who reported the information (Brent & AP - he discussed it briefly with them post the Huepel PC) - he could trace it back from there
Frankly a lot of hot air, over nothing

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2021, 01:50:53 EST »

I do hope this is fake news. Because any AD who comes to Knoxville and thinks he can eliminate all leaks is just chasing the dragon. Leaks are baked into the cake at UT- and any AD will learn to live with it or he won't last long.

Creek Walker
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2021, 06:42:13 EST »

I do hope this is fake news. Because any AD who comes to Knoxville and thinks he can eliminate all leaks is just chasing the dragon. Leaks are baked into the cake at UT- and any AD will learn to live with it or he won't last long.

And not just Tennessee...ANY big-time program. Orlando is a fairly big media market, but the Orlando Sentinel and other outlets aren't investing much into the UCF beat. At big-time programs, especially now that new media has entered the fray and created more competition, there are a ton of guys who are being paid to dig. You don't control that. The sooner Danny White realizes he isn't at Central Florida anymore and learns to accept that, the less Pepcid AC he'll need to buy.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2021, 04:13:35 EST »

It's effing college football. Not national security. It's like reality TV. Got build up the drama for the drama queen types. Sometimes it's the only way you can get publicity. Just create it.

volsboyinsodak
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2021, 04:34:54 EST »

This is a pretty funny response.

https://twitter.com/vol_hoops/status/1355516364790894598?s=21

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2021, 10:34:11 EST »

I'm gonna disagree.  Make an example or two, the leaks will dry up.

Or not.

But definitely get rid of the leakers.  Why not?

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2021, 12:27:47 EST »

For the past 12  years, I've known someone who works in the UTAD very well.  I consider them a really close friend.  This person has never, and would never, give out any UT sports information that wasn't available to the general public.  Its called integrity, imo.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2021, 12:37:17 EST »

For the past 12  years, I've known someone who works in the UTAD very well.  I consider them a really close friend.  This person has never, and would never, give out any UT sports information that wasn't available to the general public.  Its called integrity, imo.

I don't doubt that the vast majority of UTAD personnel are the same way. Hell, they ALL may be. But here's the thing- our fanbase and local media are, uh, "special". They will infiltrate, and they will eventually get their hands on some info that they shouldn't, even if everyone at UT behaves professionally. There's no stopping it, unless you want to wall off the entire campus.

Creek Walker
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2021, 07:56:35 EST »

I don't doubt that the vast majority of UTAD personnel are the same way. Hell, they ALL may be. But here's the thing- our fanbase and local media are, uh, "special". They will infiltrate, and they will eventually get their hands on some info that they shouldn't, even if everyone at UT behaves professionally. There's no stopping it, unless you want to wall off the entire campus.

It's called the local media doing its job, and it's no different in Knoxville than in any city with a major college athletics program — even though a lot of UT fans like to claim (erroneously) that the Knoxville media is out to sabotage the UT program. If the folks in the media weren't trying to get access to that "info that they shouldn't," there wouldn't be any point in paying attention to any of them. We could all just sit around and wait for the university to pump out the info they want us to have access to through utsports.com. (Which, incidentally, has been the trend in the digital era, with universities investing extra in their sports information department so they can — in some cases, including UT's, hire seasoned journalists to essentially compete with the media and attempt to control the message.) If it were possible for an AD to completely stop the leaks — spoiler: it isn't — that might be good for preventing potential black eyes in the realm of public perception. But if something is going on — like, oh I don't know, the head football coach and his staff being under investigation for major recruiting violations — I would just as soon know about it without the university being able to delay and whitewash the information.
wtkvol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2021, 03:43:51 EST »

I'm gonna disagree.  Make an example or two, the leaks will dry up.

Or not.

But definitely get rid of the leakers.  Why not?

Leaking suggests a lack of character.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: