VTTW Board Index
May 07, 2024, 06:53:09 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Remember when I told you that the biggest key was  (Read 4401 times)
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« on: July 06, 2012, 06:42:51 EDT »

Sentimore and McCullmers? This is an old article but the first time I've read it.

http://www.nooga.com/153372/large-man-long-road-uts-400-pound-recruit-disproving-skeptics/

It all starts with Sentimore and ESPECIALLY McCullers. I still believe this.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 04:18:34 EDT »

I finally got Phil Steele's preseason mag, and browsed a couple others at the store, and the about only position group that gets no love at all is the DL.   Most mags have us strongly rated at QB and WR with good ratings for OL and LB.  DB gets some love.   DL none at all.   

This is the biggest area we have to improve in, no question.

RB also gets little love, but we will almost certainly improve there.  We can hardly do worse.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 04:22:22 EDT »

Read the article.  It's very encouraging.  I am impressed that bammer wanted him, and I almost wonder if the Sunseri hire was partially swayed by wanting to land him.  If so, I hope it pays off, and it just might.  Think what Cody did for bammer a couple years ago.   (Unfortunately at our expense in 09  )

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2012, 02:50:34 EDT »

McCullers so far, according to a few reports I have read, came in pretty well in shape. Believe it or not, at 6'8, 370 lbs he is not fat, just a massive guy. a NT like him doesn't have to do much, just be strong and take up space, occupying two OL. He can do that and have an immediate impact.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2012, 06:24:13 EDT »

McCullers so far, according to a few reports I have read, came in pretty well in shape. Believe it or not, at 6'8, 370 lbs he is not fat, just a massive guy. a NT like him doesn't have to do much, just be strong and take up space, occupying two OL. He can do that and have an immediate impact.

Yeah that's about all Tony Siragusa did and it worked out for him. 

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2012, 08:55:24 EDT »

And Siragusa was a fat slob. McCullers is not.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Ridge Runner
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2012, 09:43:20 EDT »

Not to mention Terrence Cody.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2012, 09:54:46 EDT »

Not to mention Terrence Cody.

Supposedly he did add muscle mass, according to my bammer friends.   But so did McCullers, and even the year he was out of shape Cody was pretty good.

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2012, 12:11:04 EDT »

Supposedly he did add muscle mass, according to my bammer friends.   But so did McCullers, and even the year he was out of shape Cody was pretty good.

I'd say Cody's been out of shape a lot more than a year.   
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2012, 03:28:40 EDT »

I'd say Cody's been out of shape a lot more than a year.   

lol, yes of course.  But he was only at bammer two years, and the second he was in much better shape, is my point.  Hopefully Mcullers is coming in, in better shape than Cody. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: