VTTW Board Index
May 07, 2024, 09:08:54 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What I have been saying about bammer  (Read 5294 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: July 09, 2012, 03:29:53 EDT »

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johntamny/2012/01/11/congratulations-to-alabamas-crimson-tide-now-its-time-to-fire-nick-saban/

No one stays on top forever, not even Satan.

Old article, but on target IMO.  And who knows, maybe we can be one of the "inexplicable losses".   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 04:23:40 EDT »

Well, that settles it. An economics columnist for Forbes.com thinks Alabama is finished . . . so it must be. 
Hollerboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 04:49:28 EDT »

I have always had alot of respect for Forbes' economics columnists...

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 05:03:51 EDT »

Oh he's going off the "what goes up must come down" theory.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 02:07:27 EDT »

I have always had alot of respect for Forbes' economics columnists...

Yeah, but who cares where the idea comes from.  Is he right or not?  I think it's obvious.   

And fizzle BAMA anyway.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2012, 02:08:22 EDT »

Well, that settles it. An economics columnist for Forbes.com thinks Alabama is finished . . . so it must be. 

That doesn't mean he doesn't know anything about sports, and he isn't doing anything more than stating the obvious.

BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2012, 02:26:50 EDT »

That doesn't mean he doesn't know anything about sports, and he isn't doing anything more than stating the obvious.

The obvious? That Alabama will never win another championship under Saban? I hardly think that's the obvious. Saying they won't continue to win 2 championships every 3 years, yes, that's probably obvious. But saying they will never win another under Saban . . . well, there ought to be some pretty easy money out there on that one because I'm pretty sure you'll find plenty of people who'd wager otherwise.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2012, 03:06:41 EDT »

The obvious? That Alabama will never win another championship under Saban? I hardly think that's the obvious. Saying they won't continue to win 2 championships every 3 years, yes, that's probably obvious. But saying they will never win another under Saban . . . well, there ought to be some pretty easy money out there on that one because I'm pretty sure you'll find plenty of people who'd wager otherwise.

I never said he would not win another, but it will be awhile, and it almost certainly will not happen this year or next. 

What happens beyond that is anyone's guess, but I'll give you a hint what I think.  My model of Saban is Pete Carroll, not Urban Meyer.   

BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2012, 04:35:24 EDT »

I never said he would not win another, but it will be awhile, and it almost certainly will not happen this year or next. 

What happens beyond that is anyone's guess, but I'll give you a hint what I think.  My model of Saban is Pete Carroll, not Urban Meyer.   

No, but that's what the author is saying.

I tend to let talk of Saban's pending NCAA legal doom go in one ear and out the other. It's the same as everyone talking about John Calipari. Much as I'd like to see that slimy jerk (Calipari) go down in the flames of the NCAA's wrath, so far there's nothing to suggest it's anything other than sour grapes from opponents. Oddly enough, some of the schools doing most of the talking about Calipari have seen their own coaches disgraced by NCAA scandals while Cal has managed to steer free of scandal. And before it's mentioned, I don't buy for one second that the NCAA is just treating Alabama (or UK) with kid's gloves because of who they are. The NCAA has proven in recent years that it's willing to go after the biggest programs and the most respected coaches — USC, Ohio State and Tressell and now Penn State.

I would love nothing more than to see Tennessee beat Alabama this year. I'd be willing to sacrifice a winning season and a bowl berth to beat Alabama. But I'd say there's a better chance of Alabama winning another national championship this year than of Tennessee winning 8 games.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2012, 09:27:54 EDT »

I would love nothing more than to see Tennessee beat Alabama this year. I'd be willing to sacrifice a winning season and a bowl berth to beat Alabama. But I'd say there's a better chance of Alabama winning another national championship this year than of Tennessee winning 8 games.

Wow.  I think us beating bammer this year is a definite long shot, but I think our chances of an 8-win season are pretty decent actually.   I will believe it when I see it, don't get me wrong, but I don't see it as a long shot at all.

I do see bammer winning another MNC this year as unlikely OTOH.

But I have consistently thought, with what we have returning and the easy schedule, that 8 games is doable.  Maybe not nine, but 8 certainly.

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2012, 05:16:07 EDT »

Bammer is not unbeatable this year at all. Lots of new starters..talented, but new. And NO one will match up with our Wrs this year. No one.

BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2012, 07:26:40 EDT »

Bammer is not unbeatable this year at all. Lots of new starters..talented, but new. And NO one will match up with our Wrs this year. No one.

Our WRs have the potential to be the best in the nation, but there are a couple of huge question marks. Can Hunter rebound and be 100%? Can Cordarrelle live up to the hype and potential? If those two questions are answered affirmatively, no one can match up with our WRs. I don't think we'll truly know until 8.31.12
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: