VTTW Board Index
May 19, 2024, 05:10:43 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: We outgained UF on the ground 254 to 109  (Read 2562 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 27, 2015, 03:51:04 EDT »

We won the turnover battle, we had more total yards.  We led them in every category except passing yards and the one that counted.

There is no excuse for this loss. We were clearly the better team and in control late into the game. What happened is almost inexplicable.

But for the sake of the program I hope this fuels, and not discourages, the team for the rest of the season.  I don't want to go through another "dead man walking" season next year.  2012 was enough for me.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2015, 04:09:34 EDT »

And there's a difference between this and the OU game.  OU adjusted, especially defensively.  They started blitzing from everywhere, and our OL was unable to handle it.  They had no idea where the rushers would come from next.  Yes, our conservative playcalling on O contributed too, but the point is, OU did what they needed to do to make the comeback. 

UF, OTOH, essentially did nothing.  Yes, they started spying Dobbs after halftime, but with the way he torched them in the first half, everyone in the stadium knew that was coming.  And initially, we countered it fairly well by going to Hurd more.  When Hurd scored our last TD, UF was beaten- and their players, coaches, and fans all knew it.  Even on their penultimate TD drive, they took their time getting it down the field (over 6 minutes, IIRC), as if they were content to just make it close against a better opponent.  And then we started going 3 and out by rushing into the teeth of their defense.  We stopped our blitzing, which had been effective all day against the run and the pass.  We handed it to them on a sliver platter.  In essence, they did nothing to win, and we did everything to lose.  And that's why this one is so hard to take.  We may or may not actually be better than OU.  But I KNOW we're a better team than UF.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2015, 04:52:54 EDT »

And there's a difference between this and the OU game.  OU adjusted, especially defensively.  They started blitzing from everywhere, and our OL was unable to handle it.  They had no idea where the rushers would come from next.  Yes, our conservative playcalling on O contributed too, but the point is, OU did what they needed to do to make the comeback. 

UF, OTOH, essentially did nothing.  Yes, they started spying Dobbs after halftime, but with the way he torched them in the first half, everyone in the stadium knew that was coming.  And initially, we countered it fairly well by going to Hurd more.  When Hurd scored our last TD, UF was beaten- and their players, coaches, and fans all knew it.  Even on their penultimate TD drive, they took their time getting it down the field (over 6 minutes, IIRC), as if they were content to just make it close against a better opponent.  And then we started going 3 and out by rushing into the teeth of their defense.  We stopped our blitzing, which had been effective all day against the run and the pass.  We handed it to them on a sliver platter.  In essence, they did nothing to win, and we did everything to lose.  And that's why this one is so hard to take.  We may or may not actually be better than OU.  But I KNOW we're a better team than UF.

Yep.  For the sake of the program, I hope that Butch gets his face rubbed in this one enough that he never lets something like this happen again.  I also hope our recruiting class holds up this year.

There is a lot of time left and many games left for this team to redeem itself.  They need to post a picture of that last gator pass in the locker room for inspiration.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2015, 05:05:43 EDT »

There is a lot of time left and many games left for this team to redeem itself.  They need to post a picture of that last gator pass in the locker room coaches' offices for inspiration.

FIFY.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2015, 07:29:07 EDT »

FIFY.

SmokeyJoe
Re:
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2015, 07:37:15 EDT »

Still C.A.N.N.O.T. believe that play. Gonna have to drink to get over that one.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: