VTTW Board Index
May 18, 2024, 08:04:37 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Some ppl are taking this Manning thing personally  (Read 10420 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: March 20, 2012, 01:56:27 EDT »

I have seen some ppl (Vol and Titan fans) take Manning's decision personally. Saying things like "He is dead to me", "He's a traitor", "now we know what he thinks about TN"....

Really? He made a business decision that he felt was in his best interest. He doesn't owe TN or Titan fans a damn thing, nor is his decision a reflection of how he "feels about TN". he has made it clear that he's always a Vol, and he is a VFL. He doesn't have any allegiance to Nashville, or the Titans...why should he?

TN fans who are taking this shizzle personally need to grow up, and wear a scarf around your neck. Your red is showing.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 02:05:56 EDT »

Agreed.  Yesterday a guy at work said "he is dead to me". I just looked at him and asked "why?". I personally can't wait to cheer him on in Denver.  People who are getting their panties in a wad over this are just being silly, imo.
tnflower
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 02:27:36 EDT »

I'm gonna love Peyton and cheer for him no matter where he plays. 
Volcreed
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 02:32:35 EDT »

I always thought Peyton would do what he thought was best for him and his career, and I think alot people assumed the Titans would be a slam dunk forgot the fact that Peyton's decision to attend UT shocked angered a lot folks at Ole Miss 100 times more than this. I want hear Peyton speak at some point, but I can't think but to believe Elway and Fox play a huge part in this. I think Denver started first, and finished first, but the Niners and Titans gave PM the full court press. Dolphins was never in it, and Cards was in, but out quickly for some reason.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 02:42:50 EDT by Volcreed » Logged
TallVol
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 03:01:19 EDT »

The best thing a fan can do is seperate their college team from their pro team.  I guess these same fans should be pissed that the Titan's did not go after Meachem as a FA WR this off season.  Where is the uproar over Scott Wells? 

Manning did not kill his Vol loyalty just because he signed with the Broncos.  If these fans want to believe that . . . well, some you just can't help.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 03:35:50 EDT »

The best thing a fan can do is seperate their college team from their pro team.  I guess these same fans should be pissed that the Titan's did not go after Meachem as a FA WR this off season.  Where is the uproar over Scott Wells? 

Manning did not kill his Vol loyalty just because he signed with the Broncos.  If these fans want to believe that . . . well, some you just can't help.

ALL OF THIS. And also agree wholeheartedly with Volznut's original post.

I wanted Peyton to be a Titan but he decided somewhere else was better for him and that's great for him. I can't even listen to sports talk right now and I can barely get on Facebook with all the crap from people. I'm just ready for it to be over. He went somewhere else. Let's move on.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 03:45:08 EDT »

ALL OF THIS. And also agree wholeheartedly with Volznut's original post.

I can barely get on Facebook with all the crap from people.

Yep...I know whom you speak of....I have been biting my tongue...uh.. typing fingers. Just telling myself it's not worth it.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2012, 03:46:26 EDT »

Yep...I know whom you speak of....I have been biting my tongue...uh.. typing fingers. Just telling myself it's not worth it.

I wasn't speaking of anybody in particular... I have multiple friends who are crazy with it. The person that you are referring to is but one.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2012, 03:57:44 EDT »

I wasn't speaking of anybody in particular... I have multiple friends who are crazy with it. The person that you are referring to is but one.

Oh I know... I have the same thing, but I think only one of them is a mutual friend.

VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2012, 04:15:04 EDT »

Well...the Titans cut Joey Kent and wouldn't pay Albert Haynesworth what he wanted so...Ef them!! 
Volcreed
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2012, 04:31:41 EDT »

Well...the Titans cut Joey Kent and wouldn't pay Albert Haynesworth what he wanted so...Ef them!! 

Well said :) lol that made me laugh.
volmeister
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2012, 04:42:47 EDT »

I have seen some ppl (Vol and Titan fans) take Manning's decision personally. Saying things like "He is dead to me", "He's a traitor", "now we know what he thinks about TN"....

Really? He made a business decision that he felt was in his best interest. He doesn't owe TN or Titan fans a damn thing, nor is his decision a reflection of how he "feels about TN". he has made it clear that he's always a Vol, and he is a VFL. He doesn't have any allegiance to Nashville, or the Titans...why should he?

TN fans who are taking this shizzle personally need to grow up, and wear a scarf around your neck. Your red is showing.

I was hoping he would sign with the Titans, but it wasn't that big of a deal.  I can take or leave NFL football, very seldom sit through a whole game.
LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2012, 04:51:34 EDT »

As a long time Broncos fan and Elway fan who is totally apathetic about the Titans, I am taking it personally.  Personally I am ecstatic!   If it had gone the other way, I would adopted Peyton's new team, not as my favorite team, but as a team I want to see do well because of Peyton.

My pronouns are:  I, Me, My, and Mine
volmeister
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2012, 04:55:33 EDT »

As a long time Broncos fan and Elway fan who is totally apathetic about the Titans, I am taking it personally.  Personally I am ecstatic!   If it had gone the other way, I would adopted Peyton's new team, not as my favorite team, but as a team I want to see do well because of Peyton.

Brian Griese who works on Bronco broadcast is on ESPN News, he said about 1/3 of Bronco fan base are against signing Manning and thinks Tebow is getting screwed. 
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2012, 04:59:30 EDT »

As one of the talking heads on ESPN radio said this morning, anyone who would prefer Tebow over Manning either doesn't know anything about football, has another agenda, or both. 

Tebow's a great guy, but he's just not a permanent solution at QB in the NFL, bottom line.
volmeister
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2012, 05:01:01 EDT »

As one of the talking heads on ESPN radio said this morning, anyone who would prefer Tebow over Manning either doesn't know anything about football, has another agenda, or both. 

Tebow's a great guy, but he's just not a permanent solution at QB in the NFL, bottom line.

I agree, but there are some Tebow fanatics out there.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2012, 05:10:16 EDT »

and that will be evident when we see what Denver gets for Tebow, which will not be much

LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2012, 05:18:00 EDT »

My line of thinking is who knows more about Bronco success, John Elway or Brian Griese.  And Tebow probably is getting screwed, that is the nature of the NFL, you give yourself the best chance to win, not to have nice guys finish first.  Anyone who doesn't want Peyton Manning is a bandwagon Tebow fan, and will hop off that Tebow bandwagon for the Manning bandwagon if the Broncos are winning.

Brian Griese who works on Bronco broadcast is on ESPN News, he said about 1/3 of Bronco fan base are against signing Manning and thinks Tebow is getting screwed. 

My pronouns are:  I, Me, My, and Mine
volmeister
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2012, 05:21:49 EDT »

There is also a group of people who rag on the Titans every time somebody mentions them, they then turn around and say they are getting tired of the Titans being rammed down their throats.  WTF?  A guy on Vol Chat yesterday said you weren't really a Titans fan unless you were a fan of the Houston Oilers.  Before the Titans came to Tennessee, I changed NFL teams every couple of years.
volmeister
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2012, 05:24:32 EDT »

My line of thinking is who knows more about Bronco success, John Elway or Brian Griese.  And Tebow probably is getting screwed, that is the nature of the NFL, you give yourself the best chance to win, not to have nice guys finish first.  Anyone who doesn't want Peyton Manning is a bandwagon Tebow fan, and will hop off that Tebow bandwagon for the Manning bandwagon if the Broncos are winning.

I'm not suggesting that Griese knows more about Broncos success than anybody.  Just posting what I heard him say about his take regarding the mood of the Bronco fan base.   I have seen some polls that suggest his read is pretty accurate.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2012, 05:32:50 EDT »

There is also a group of people who rag on the Titans every time somebody mentions them, they then turn around and say they are getting tired of the Titans being rammed down their throats.  WTF?  A guy on Vol Chat yesterday said you weren't really a Titans fan unless you were a fan of the Houston Oilers.  Before the Titans came to Tennessee, I changed NFL teams every couple of years.

That part about not being a Titans fan unless you were a fan of the Houston Oilers is some of the most ridiculous "logic" I've ever heard. By that logic, Houstonians should be Titans fans and should shun the Texans. Likewise Baltimore residents should be rooting for Indy.

90% of the Vol fans in this state who rag on the "Oilers" were Colts fans only because Peyton went there and don't even realize the Colts moved from Baltimore. Yes there are exceptions in the people who were Colts fans before Peyton, but I get REALLY tired of the people who act like I'm not allowed to root for the team who plays in my city because they used to be somewhere else. At least my loyalty is tied to a team and not a player.

I'm like you... I used to change rooting loyalties regularly in the NFL. At various times I rooted for the Steelers, Cowboys, Browns, Giants, and even the Oilers.

VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2012, 05:37:46 EDT »

No one had any business telling anyone else why they should root for a team. Lots of teams have fans because of one player, lots of teams have fans because of geography, lots of teams have fans because their dad was a fan of that team....no one is right and no one is wrong, that's the beauty of fandom.
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2012, 05:40:37 EDT »

Fans suck. 
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2012, 05:42:32 EDT »

No one had any business telling anyone else why they should root for a team. Lots of teams have fans because of one player, lots of teams have fans because of geography, lots of teams have fans because their dad was a fan of that team....no one is right and no one is wrong, that's the beauty of fandom.

One thing I will say for you is that you have never told me, your favorite Titans fan, that I shouldn't root for the Titans... only that you would never root for the Titans.

VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2012, 05:45:15 EDT »

One thing I will say for you is that you have never told me, your favorite Titans fan, that I shouldn't root for the Titans... only that you would never root for the Titans.
Of course not...I understand rooting for them since they are right here.(and seriously you probably are my favorite Titan fan) 
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: