VTTW Board Index
May 10, 2024, 12:59:20 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Peyton having a simply awful day  (Read 4093 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: November 16, 2015, 01:00:27 EST »

I hate it for him 

Maybe the fourth quarter will be better

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2015, 01:05:19 EST »

Easily the worst game of his career. 5 of 20 for 35 yards, 0 TDs and 4 INTs.

I hoped the Green Bay game was a sign that it had turned around for Peyton and the Denver offense. Unfortunately, that game was nothing more than a mirage. Denver's defense is being exposed a bit now that the Broncos are into the meat of their schedule and the offense is simply horrid. I wish Peyton had retired last year. It's painful to watch him struggle like he has this season. Not all of it is him, though. The OL is terrible and Kubiak is maybe one of the NFL's worst head coaches.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2015, 01:56:20 EST »

Easily the worst game of his career. 5 of 20 for 35 yards, 0 TDs and 4 INTs.

I hoped the Green Bay game was a sign that it had turned around for Peyton and the Denver offense. Unfortunately, that game was nothing more than a mirage. Denver's defense is being exposed a bit now that the Broncos are into the meat of their schedule and the offense is simply horrid. I wish Peyton had retired last year. It's painful to watch him struggle like he has this season. Not all of it is him, though. The OL is terrible and Kubiak is maybe one of the NFL's worst head coaches.

He probably only came back to get the two major QB records he doesn't already own.  He got the yardage record today.  One more win, and he'll have the wins record, too.  In hindsight, the Broncos would've been better served by letting him go, if they were committed to Kubiak's offense (and turning over their entire OL).  At this point, Peyton is strictly a shotgun QB.  He just can't line up under center and beat you anymore.  I'm sure some other team could've put his skills to better use.

Creek Walker
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2015, 02:46:19 EST »

He probably only came back to get the two major QB records he doesn't already own.  He got the yardage record today.  One more win, and he'll have the wins record, too.  In hindsight, the Broncos would've been better served by letting him go, if they were committed to Kubiak's offense (and turning over their entire OL).  At this point, Peyton is strictly a shotgun QB.  He just can't line up under center and beat you anymore.  I'm sure some other team could've put his skills to better use.

Obviously it isn't as simple as this, but if Kubiak were committed to winning the Super Bowl this year, he should've let Peyton stick to his own offense and say, "You run it." Peyton's offense combined with this year's Broncos D would've been a favorite to win the Super Bowl. And Peyton is the one QB in the NFL who better than any other could essentially run the offense and play QB too. Like I said, it obviously isn't THAT simple, but it's infuriating to watch one of the league's most prolific offenses essentially dismantled.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2015, 04:30:16 EST »

I said maybe the 4th quarter will be better not realizing he was benched.

Wow, other than for injury or mopup duty, that's a first 

I am sure he will have better days this season. I hope they can at least make a run, if not get back to the SB, so Peyton can out a winner

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2015, 03:43:37 EST »

I guess he has a partial tear of his plantar fascia.  Hope he can heal up and get a run going to go out in style, if this is really it.

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2015, 12:49:51 EST »

and yet everyone thinks Elway is a great GM. What kind of GM brings in a run first coach, with an inept OL, with the most prolific passer in NFL history. Doesn't make sense. They are just cementing the legacy of Peyton being the best Regular Season QB ever, while making Brady the best ever. Period. Dot. New England has a patchwork OL, yet no matter who they plug into a spot, they produce. Manning has had the best teams he has ever had around him and couldn't win another SB. As much as it hurts to admit, Brady has been doing more with less. Oh yeah, everyone will say it is because the Pats cheat.

volsboyinsodak
Navol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2015, 03:29:25 EST »

and yet everyone thinks Elway is a great GM. What kind of GM brings in a run first coach, with an inept OL, with the most prolific passer in NFL history. Doesn't make sense. They are just cementing the legacy of Peyton being the best Regular Season QB ever, while making Brady the best ever. Period. Dot. New England has a patchwork OL, yet no matter who they plug into a spot, they produce. Manning has had the best teams he has ever had around him and couldn't win another SB. As much as it hurts to admit, Brady has been doing more with less. Oh yeah, everyone will say it is because the Pats cheat.

You're riding your pony too hard; it seems to be coming up lame.

Creek Walker
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2015, 04:40:59 EST »

Must not hurt too much to admit it. I've seen you state it over and over on this board in your ongoing efforts to generate attention for yourself.
LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2015, 02:47:18 EST »

So just substitute Peyton for Butch,  and Brady for McElwain and this is your templated post.             

My pronouns are:  I, Me, My, and Mine
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2015, 02:52:08 EST »

he really does seem to be a poseur

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: