VTTW Board Index
May 17, 2024, 12:51:41 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gentlemen  (Read 504 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 11, 2022, 03:01:31 EDT »

Heart rate near normal
1st adult beverage is toast
2nd beverage will very shortly join the first

Short game summary:
We played like shizzle and still won!
We won on defense
How, the two DEs came to play.  Baron had his best game EVER, the only times he was realy stopped was when he was held, like their tying TD drive, one play he was lassoo'd and they got a first down.  BY had his moments but his best play IMO was sliding off to make a play on a receiver to stop the potential for a big game.
O Thomas had a good game as well
Corners played much better, even Burrell
Our safeties continue to be a liability

The offense sputtered for most of the evening but in retrospect the drive for the 50 yard FG was key

Special teams need to travel back to Knoxville on the short bus as they were really "special"

But we won, against a Ranked team on the road and that is the great thing about the day
« Last Edit: September 11, 2022, 03:09:35 EDT by PirateVOL » Logged

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2022, 03:17:31 EDT »

We did our best to give that one away. Glad to get the W.

That was not a good Pitt team, especially with all of the injuries. They beat WVU, but WVU has their hands full at the moment against Kansas.

2-0!!!

Go VOLS!!
Creek Walker
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2022, 03:32:25 EDT »

I didn't celebrate when the 4th down pass fell incomplete. I walked away with more of a sense of dread than anything. Dread for what happens when we get into SEC play if there isn't some DRASTIC improvements QUICKLY.

With that said, there were some bright spots today, and probably none bigger than Banks finally starting to dial up the pressure on defense. I don't want to get too carried away because we're going to face far better offenses than we faced today. And even at that, Pitt would've probably won comfortably if Slovis isn't knocked out of the game. But the defense didn't play bad at all. The biggest woes were on offense and special teams. We know what our offensive potential is, and we know special teams is far better than what happened today. So the mistakes are fixable. Now let's fix them and not embarrass ourselves against UF.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2022, 03:42:24 EDT »

I get it, Creek.  But wins vs ranked teams are precious considering our recent history!  Try to enjoy it!   
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2022, 03:48:40 EDT »

I get it, Creek.  But wins vs ranked teams are precious considering our recent history!  Try to enjoy it!   

👍😎👍

11B4PJ3F7
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2022, 03:54:40 EDT »

I didn't celebrate when the 4th down pass fell incomplete. I walked away with more of a sense of dread than anything. Dread for what happens when we get into SEC play if there isn't some DRASTIC improvements QUICKLY.

With that said, there were some bright spots today, and probably none bigger than Banks finally starting to dial up the pressure on defense. I don't want to get too carried away because we're going to face far better offenses than we faced today. And even at that, Pitt would've probably won comfortably if Slovis isn't knocked out of the game. But the defense didn't play bad at all. The biggest woes were on offense and special teams. We know what our offensive potential is, and we know special teams is far better than what happened today. So the mistakes are fixable. Now let's fix them and not embarrass ourselves against UF.

Florida is in the process of getting their ass kicked 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2022, 05:41:05 EDT »

This.  And as a counter, I think we could have beaten them with Slovis in the game, we already led with him in the entire first half.  It was the GD turnovers that kept them in it. Every time we were ready to nail it shut, there was a turnover.

Offense was inconsistent.  I think they had some nerves early with some drops, but then settled down and helped us to a lead in the first half.  Sputtered the entire 3rd quarter, then mostly came back in the 4th when they were needed, particularly in OT.

Pitt is a legit top 20 team and we beat them at their place, breaking a 4-game road skid to OOC road opponents.  Ugly or not, that's an accomplishment. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: