VTTW Board Index
May 16, 2024, 07:06:02 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It would appear that Napier is TRYING to lose!  (Read 697 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 11, 2022, 04:14:14 EDT »

Coaching malpractice

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2022, 04:19:07 EDT »

A couple of the podcasts I subscribe to were practically crowning him as the next Saban after one game.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2022, 04:20:54 EDT »

Yeah what is he doing??
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2022, 04:21:43 EDT »

That was idiotic!!!!
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2022, 04:21:49 EDT »

He's gone for it twice on his side of the field and only down seven. It's bizarre.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2022, 04:23:53 EDT »

With 3 time outs in his pocket, too.   
10EC
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2022, 04:50:08 EDT »

With 3 time outs in his pocket, too.   

I was just telling our Gator friends the same thing….
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2022, 05:22:43 EDT »

Oh what a difference a week makes!

Some points to consider...

1. Utah is/was over rated.  Oregon was ranked almost as high, they are both Pac 12.  Compare uga game to UF game. Nuff said!
2. Utah compounded the problem with their own coaching malfeasence.  Many questionable calls, but what ultimately decided it was throwing into double coverage down three on 2nd and goal with enough time for 3 more plays.  Horrible!  The QB should have known better. 
3. It was a single game. One game is never enough to establish a trend, particularly when its the first game of the season.

Order has been restored to the universe.    

Looking forward to our scrimmage against the Zips but the 24th is circled on my calendar.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Creek Walker
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2022, 05:26:05 EDT »

I didn't feel like Florida's win over Utah was a good measuring stick for where that program is at. Utah was coming off a good game against Ohio State in the Rose Bowl to cap last season but aside from that I felt they were very overrated. Yet they carved through Florida's defense like butter all night long.

Tonight, Richardson looked absolutely awful. He's a better QB than he showed tonight, but tonight he played like the worst QB in the SEC.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2022, 05:31:32 EDT »

Tonight, Richardson looked absolutely awful. He's a better QB than he showed tonight, but tonight he played like the worst QB in the SEC.

Cue every single Vol fan in the world saying "but he will play like Tom Brady against us!".  But maybe he won't.   

I'll say this...UK's gameplan was to shut down the UF run game and force Richardson to pass.  With the exception of a couple of long runs today, I like what I have seen of our run D this year.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2022, 05:32:31 EDT »

Fla listened to the media too much this week....And the coaching moves were just dumb...Down 7 with a lot of time left and did it twice?!!
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2022, 05:43:16 EDT »

Cue every single Vol fan in the world saying "but he will play like Tom Brady against us!".  But maybe he won't.   

I'll say this...UK's gameplan was to shut down the UF run game and force Richardson to pass.  With the exception of a couple of long runs today, I like what I have seen of our run D this year.

I thought the Pitt qb did a great job on the long TD run. He held the ball a long time before releasing to the rb. Beautifully executed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: