VTTW Board Index
May 16, 2024, 06:08:04 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Now you see it, now you don't offense ends the dream....  (Read 697 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: March 24, 2023, 05:43:03 EDT »

It's unbelievable how consistent they were in the inconsistency on offense. 
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2023, 05:44:37 EDT »

It's unbelievable how consistent they were in the inconsistency on offense. 

Yep. They had me believing lol. Hey Gonzaga has been to 23 straight tournaments. They still haven't won it all.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2023, 05:49:44 EDT »

Rebounding. fizzle it all, we should've crushed them on the boards. Instead we gave them 2nd and 3rd chances on seemingly every possession.

And I profoundly regret complimenting the refs at halftime. Because boy did they make up for it in the 2nd half.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2023, 12:46:32 EDT »

The tourney was a pretty fitting encapsulation of the season. 

Roller coaster of highs and lows. 
Uros being a goon helped us, then it hurt us. 
Olivier looking dominant, then Olivier disappearing.

All in all, a fun season that part of me is sad to see end but glad the frustration is over.   . I will miss the seniors.  JJJ feels like he's always been here

murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2023, 01:13:04 EDT »

The problem isn't Rick Barnes, it's paying him $5 million instead of $2.5 million.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2023, 02:08:54 EDT »

The problem isn't Rick Barnes, it's paying him $5 million instead of $2.5 million.

He has won one regular season SEC of I'm correct, 1 SEC tournament, and runner up 2x, 2 sweet sixteen while at Tennessee. Also had one team ranked #1, and another #2. The average salary for SEC basketball coach is 3.8 million. So based on similar achievement at Texas (with one FF), and the aforementioned as well as comparative coaches salaries, he should be be above 4 million for sure. He & Pearl make about the same. Both may be overpaid by about $500k. He drove a hard bargain. UT agreed.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2023, 04:47:14 EDT »

Bingo!!! When you make your coach the 4th highest paid coach in the land you expect him to win a game against fooking FAU that's never won a NCAA Tournament game until this tourney and never been to the Sweet 16 until now....Which they have the same number now as what Barnes has given Tennessee.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2023, 12:05:36 EDT »

He has won one regular season SEC of I'm correct, 1 SEC tournament, and runner up 2x, 2 sweet sixteen while at Tennessee. Also had one team ranked #1, and another #2. The average salary for SEC basketball coach is 3.8 million. So based on similar achievement at Texas (with one FF), and the aforementioned as well as comparative coaches salaries, he should be be above 4 million for sure. He & Pearl make about the same. Both may be overpaid by about $500k. He drove a hard bargain. UT agreed.

That's some interesting perspective....fourth highest paid, but not by that much in the big scheme of things.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2023, 12:57:11 EDT »

Believe we split the regular season SEC crown with Auburn.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2023, 01:03:11 EDT »

Believe we split the regular season SEC crown with Auburn.

Would've won it outright if Fulky and Chandler didn't have to sit out the bammer game due to ridiculous covid rules.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: