VTTW Board Index
May 17, 2024, 07:06:38 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Georgia makes a good hire at DC  (Read 2676 times)
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« on: January 14, 2014, 09:48:13 EST »

dang it!!

http://onlineathens.com/breaking-news/2014-01-14/reports-uga-hire-fsu-defensive-coordinator-pruitt
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 11:51:56 EST »

Yep, he's very good and an excellent recruiter as well. Here's a guy that was only a high school coach at Hoover U. just a few season ago and Saban saw potential in him and hired him at Bama and Pruit made his mark. Jimbo made a great hire and promoted him to DC, and he did a great job at FSU in his only season. Excellent hire by the Dawgs.

BG
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 01:50:08 EST »

Another example of Saban knowing what the heck he's doing.  I don't like it but the results continue to show themselves.
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 03:09:31 EST »

Another example of Saban knowing what the heck he's doing.  I don't like it but the results continue to show themselves.

To be fair, and knowing what color this board is, it's nothing different than when Johnny Majors got to know a Birmingham HS coach at Banks HS which was then the Hoover U of the B'ham metro area. As Saban met Pruitt on recruiting trips to that school, Johnny Majors met David Cutcliffe the same way.

BG
Screaming Eagle Dad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2014, 03:09:35 EST »

Other than getting more money and a upward move why would anyone want to leave FSU after winning the National Championship and having a chance to continue to win and win big?
Creek Walker
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2014, 03:37:21 EST »

Other than getting more money and a upward move why would anyone want to leave FSU after winning the National Championship and having a chance to continue to win and win big?

Jimbo will be at FSU as long as he wants. Richt's days are numbered at UGA. Maybe Pruitt thinks he has a chance to be a "from within" hire here in a couple of years.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2014, 03:44:15 EST »

Jimbo will be at FSU as long as he wants. Richt's days are numbered at UGA. Maybe Pruitt thinks he has a chance to be a "from within" hire here in a couple of years.

Honestly, I'm still not sold on Jimbo.  Up until this season, his results at FSU were pretty average.  I want to see what he does after Winston is gone.  He could be Gene Chizk redux.

Creek Walker
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2014, 04:35:02 EST »

Honestly, I'm still not sold on Jimbo.  Up until this season, his results at FSU were pretty average.  I want to see what he does after Winston is gone.  He could be Gene Chizk redux.

I'm not really sold on him because up until this season I didn't really think he was a great coach. I think he's already proven himself to be a better coach than Chizik, though, and as good as he is I don't think Winston is as valuable to his team as Newton was to his. I think the national championship bought Jimbo quite a bit of time at FSU. We'll see, though...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: