VTTW Board Index
May 16, 2024, 02:27:17 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Volver on anyone else (stupid question regarding my Nexus)  (Read 6728 times)
Salvador VOLi
Starter

View Profile
« on: June 13, 2012, 03:00:31 EDT »

Hello everyone,

I recently made the leap from a Blackberry to a Galaxy Nexus and let's just say I am quite thrilled. It is an amazing device and I am ecstatic about it.

I do have one question, however. Revolver had mentioned previously that this phone's battery isn't great and that, unfortunately, that is the case. I upgraded to the extended battery which has helped some. I remember Revolver saying that the 4g is a battery hog so I have a question about that. I am on Wi-Fi 99% of the day (at work and home). My stupid question is: if I am on Wi-Fi does my having 4g on hurt my battery life? 

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 03:04:52 EDT »

No.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Salvador VOLi
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 03:07:19 EDT »

Okay. That is what I thought but I was just making sure. Any tips or tricks anyone has concerning this phone or Android that you found particularly is useful?

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 03:10:58 EDT »

Okay. That is what I thought but I was just making sure. Any tips or tricks anyone has concerning this phone or Android that you found particularly is useful?

Don't spill wine on it. 

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Salvador VOLi
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 04:08:22 EDT »

Okay. Check.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2012, 04:12:15 EDT »

It's a great phone but the battery life makes it hollow for me. I burned through two batteries at the river Saturday and it was dead Sunday morning... My wife's iPhone stayed alive through the night on one charge.

Salvador VOLi
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2012, 04:20:14 EDT »

It's a great phone but the battery life makes it hollow for me. I burned through two batteries at the river Saturday and it was dead Sunday morning... My wife's iPhone stayed alive through the night on one charge.

Yes, the battery is subpar, but for me, the other features, out weigh this.   I can see how for some people, it just isn't an option because of its horrendous battery life.  Are you thinking of moving on to another phone?
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2012, 04:21:55 EDT »

Yes, the battery is subpar, but for me, the other features, out weigh this.   I can see how for some people, it just isn't an option because of its horrendous battery life.  Are you thinking of moving on to another phone?

I'm not eligible for upgrade for a while but I may try to upgrade to the iPhone 5 in the fall. I do like the nexus I just hate the battery life.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2012, 04:41:44 EDT »

I'm not eligible for upgrade for a while but I may try to upgrade to the iPhone 5 in the fall. I do like the nexus I just hate the battery life.

Given Apple's track record, I wouldn't count on that iPhone 5 in the fall.  If they come out with anything at all, it'll probably be called the iPhone 4S+, offer a few incremental improvements over the current model, and still run on 3G. I can't believe that an otherwise cutting-edge operation like Apple has STILL yet to incorporate a three year old technology.

But to be fair, I'm thrilled with the new Macbook Pros they introduced yesterday.  They have everything I was hoping for in the upgrade.  Now if I can just scrounge up the 2200 bucks to buy one.

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2012, 04:46:56 EDT »

Given Apple's track record, I wouldn't count on that iPhone 5 in the fall.  If they come out with anything at all, it'll probably be called the iPhone 4S+, offer a few incremental improvements over the current model, and still run on 3G. I can't believe that an otherwise cutting-edge operation like Apple has STILL yet to incorporate a three year old technology.

But to be fair, I'm thrilled with the new Macbook Pros they introduced yesterday.  They have everything I was hoping for in the upgrade.  Now if I can just scrounge up the 2200 bucks to buy one.
There will be a new i[hone this fall.  If Apple holds to their track record.
All kinds of rumours about a slightly thinner phone with a 4" display. 

BTW, loving my Verizon ipad!  Can't wait to DUMP tta when the new phone comes out!  We have LTE here in our little hamlet for the ipad, for my current iphone, not so much (and no freaking plan for when it would get here!)

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2012, 04:52:32 EDT »

All of the rumors point to a thinner LTE iPhone 5 with a bigger screen in October. The supply chain pics have been leaking.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2012, 05:09:41 EDT »

All of the rumors point to a thinner LTE iPhone 5 with a bigger screen in October. The supply chain pics have been leaking.

I've seen the pics.  My post was (mostly) hyperbole.  Still, it wouldn't surprise me.  As I said the other day, by the time Apple comes out with a 4G phone, other manufacturers will probably be rolling out 5G.

Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2012, 03:50:55 EDT »

Ever since I've had my iPhone 4S, it indicates connection to 4G. I have ATT.

I gave that phone to my wife and now have a Galaxy Note. I like it.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2012, 03:57:53 EDT »

Droid Razr Max batt'ry rules!   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2012, 04:49:06 EDT »

Ever since I've had my iPhone 4S, it indicates connection to 4G. I have ATT.

I gave that phone to my wife and now have a Galaxy Note. I like it.

AT&T iPhone 4G is HSPA+, not LTE like Verizon's. It's not the true 4G speed... faster than 3G but not nearly as fast as LTE.

Hollerboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2012, 06:11:55 EDT »

DItto on the droid! 

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2012, 08:13:32 EDT »

AT&T iPhone 4G is HSPA+, not LTE like Verizon's. It's not the true 4G speed... faster than 3G but not nearly as fast as LTE.

I don't know if it's true or just sales hyperbole, but a Verizon salesman told me that Verizon has bought up most of what used to be low-definition VHF (or perhaps UHF) to use for 4G, that they own a lot of the FCC licenses, and that AT&T is just screwed.  But you have to consider the source....

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2012, 02:23:04 EDT »

I don't know if it's true or just sales hyperbole, but a Verizon salesman told me that Verizon has bought up most of what used to be low-definition VHF (or perhaps UHF) to use for 4G, that they own a lot of the FCC licenses, and that AT&T is just screwed.  But you have to consider the source....
Some truth to that
In addition, the main reason that tta wanted T-Mobile was spectrum. 

Some time before the end of the year I will ditch att, period, dot.  One reason is that last year you at least had some limited data in the stadium while I couldn't even direct dile 611 to att to complain   

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: