VTTW Board Index
May 19, 2024, 06:54:16 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Finally got around to watching Dooley presser  (Read 2922 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: January 05, 2012, 04:38:07 EST »

I am not terribly impressed with this comment:

"It's understandable why there could be a perception that it's not good right now,'' Dooley said. "But I'm not concerned at all about what's real.

"Because what's real is this program has been put in the last 22 months on as good a foundation as we could ever do"

Wow. I would rather he accept some responsibility for the debacle and promise it not happen again.  This sounds more like denial.  ICBW though, he certainly needs to stay positive.  But the bad things this season were "a perception"?  Really coach?   I don't think so!  But good luck next season....

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 05:08:38 EST »

Nothing he can do but put a positive spin on things.  The purpose of that presser was not to apologize, it was to try and quell the fires of discontent.

Frankly what good is an apology anyway?  Like others have said, just get it done or get out.  And if he has to stand up there and ramble on about how things aren't that bad to keep recruits from jumping ship or to land new ones, so be it.  Whatever it takes.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 05:31:09 EST »

Nothing he can do but put a positive spin on things.  The purpose of that presser was not to apologize, it was to try and quell the fires of discontent.

Frankly what good is an apology anyway?  Like others have said, just get it done or get out.  And if he has to stand up there and ramble on about how things aren't that bad to keep recruits from jumping ship or to land new ones, so be it.  Whatever it takes.

I wasn't looking for an apology at all, just assumption of responsibility.  Not too long ago, I looked up Saban's loss to LaMonroe in 2007 as part of a discussion over whether he is a jackass or not (answer...he IS!  ).

Even though I hate the sombitch (Saban), I could not help but notice that he said "we didn't prepare well this week, and THAT STARTS WITH ME".   I have never seen Dooley even come close to saying anything like that.  So if you look at the public statements, and the product on the field, might there be a connection?

What I would like to have seen...."I know this season was not up to expectations, and we can and will do better, starting with me".   That's not an apology at all, it's a realistic assessment of the situation that does not suggest the coach is in denial.

But I am behind Dooley 100% and wish him luck.  Just didn't like his presser.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 05:37:24 EST »

You watched the presser?

Cause, on Jan 3rd:

"@Josh_Ward: Dooley said UT coaches have to take responsibility. "We've got to do a better job as coaches, starting with me.""
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2012, 05:45:45 EST »

You watched the presser?

Cause, on Jan 3rd:

"@Josh_Ward: Dooley said UT coaches have to take responsibility. "We've got to do a better job as coaches, starting with me.""

Ah, snap. Twitter ruins everything.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2012, 05:50:05 EST »

Snap, indeed... Could've taken that from about 12 others' feeds as they were all tweeting live from the presser.  Everyone pointed it out when DD said that.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2012, 06:07:20 EST »

You watched the presser?

Cause, on Jan 3rd:

I watched the part that was posted to GoVols. 

Glad he said that then, thanks for posting it.   

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: