VTTW Board Index
May 07, 2024, 08:31:12 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Davante Bourque 5 minutes on you tube I am impressed.  (Read 4910 times)
Volcreed
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« on: January 24, 2012, 05:09:57 EST »

I see why some sites list him as ATH , if running back doesn't work out for him then move him to D and he would be scary, and his size and speed screams wide out. Nice pickup....I hope the grade rumor is just that rumors. All that said I think he is running back with huge potential, and needs a bit of coaching and refining.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 09:16:50 EST »

He will definitely be a RB, and I think he will be our #2 back behind Lane. Stud.

He apparently made his ACT score, but I don't know if he has any other core course issues.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 11:08:04 EST »

I heard Hubbs say that LSU was only recruiting him as a ATH because they didn't want other RBs they were recruiting to be scared of competition.

My hope is that he can come in and be the #2 and push Lane. I expect a better year out of Lane that we saw out of Poole last year. He will be 2 years removed from his ACL tear and as we all remember with Montario Hardesty, it usually takes 2 years for a RB to recover fully from a ACL injury. I sure hope so because a similar running game to last year will be Dooley's end.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 11:21:43 EST »

I hope that is the case but he is really going to have to gain a step to be a good back IMO. It could be that he is that quick and fast but lack of confidence held him back. I hope it did and this other guy works out and we have two stud rb's.

I heard Hubbs say that LSU was only recruiting him as a ATH because they didn't want other RBs they were recruiting to be scared of competition.

My hope is that he can come in and be the #2 and push Lane. I expect a better year out of Lane that we saw out of Poole last year. He will be 2 years removed from his ACL tear and as we all remember with Montario Hardesty, it usually takes 2 years for a RB to recover fully from a ACL injury. I sure hope so because a similar running game to last year will be Dooley's end.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 05:33:39 EST »

I like Raj better than Lane, but WDIK

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2012, 05:42:48 EST »

I hope that is the case but he is really going to have to gain a step to be a good back IMO. It could be that he is that quick and fast but lack of confidence held him back. I hope it did and this other guy works out and we have two stud rb's.

Injury held him back. Not only was he a yr out of knee surgery, but he had other issues all year with injury. If you go watch his HS tape when healthy, he has good speed, great vision, and runs with authority.

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2012, 05:43:51 EST »

He may get a shot with Graham as his coach, but he needs to be far more physical and can't fumble like he did. He played soft last year, and was a much better WR than a RB.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2012, 06:32:51 EST »

He may get a shot with Graham as his coach, but he needs to be far more physical and can't fumble like he did. He played soft last year, and was a much better WR than a RB.

Yeah, I didn't like the fumbles either, but it seems they were confined to one game.  Didn't do himself any favors vs. UK though.   

From what I saw last year, he looked like he had the best potential of the three we played, but  ICBW

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2012, 01:49:47 EST »

Isn't he like 6'3"?  I've never heard of a RB that big at this level.  I can see why other teams were recruiting him for other positions.  Hopefully he can still get it done, because God knows we need help at the position.

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2012, 02:21:30 EST »

Isn't he like 6'3"?  I've never heard of a RB that big at this level.  I can see why other teams were recruiting him for other positions.  Hopefully he can still get it done, because God knows we need help at the position.

He is listed at 6'3, but Hubbs on VQ, who has seen him, says he is about 6'1

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2012, 04:59:56 EST »

He's faster but soft and didn't get any carries this past year to prove anything. Lane is a physical back.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
VOLMAN
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2012, 05:12:21 EST »

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2012, 04:27:48 EST »

He's faster but soft and didn't get any carries this past year to prove anything. Lane is a physical back.

Lane looked more like a "dancer" than a physical back to me, and for that matter so did Poole.  But I would be happy to be wrong, we need a good RB.

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2012, 03:51:02 EST »

Lane looked more like a "dancer" than a physical back to me, and for that matter so did Poole.  But I would be happy to be wrong, we need a good RB.

Poole showed poor vision and balance to me ... all yr.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: